PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Time to make a decision (on the X800)
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-04, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Well basicaly you ave two verison of the X800, the pro and the XT, with 14 and 16 rendering pipelines respectivly. the pro has clocks of something like 475core and 1ghz mem. the XT is 520ish core and 1.3ghzish i think mem. The XT also has a rage theater chip installed, so you can watch TV with it.

they Cost $400 and $500. But the Pro is what you should get for one reason only, and that ATi forgot that people as very big penney pintcher and they mad the Two chips identical ecxept for a few copper tabs on the Pro version, when you draw a silver conductive pen between two of them you enable the extra pipelines turning it into a slower clocked XT, but the card easily OCes to that poin in most every case(mod instructions found here )

that what i'm gona do, i have the money right now, but my mom requires that i save half(good idea) so i need a few more paychecks.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.