PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why does Hamma hate me?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-08-27, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

Why Final Fantasy X?! I thought the story for that was complete bollocks. Final Fantasy 7 would rule! Best story ever created in my opinion. You'd have to get Mr T to play Barret
Old 2003-08-27, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
�io
Lieutenant General

Game movies are just as good as any other movie, it just all depends on the director and cast.

Interesting linkage :

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/37...html?fromint=1

If they make another FF movie i pray they use FF2/4 and/or FF3/6.
Old 2003-08-27, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

I'd love to see a FF 2/4 movie. I've always though it had the best story out of all of them. I thought 3/6 was ok, but it was a little dark for my tastes. A game where the entire world blows up half way through the game just depresses me for some reason

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-08-27, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Sp3ctre
Why Final Fantasy X?! I thought the story for that was complete bollocks. Final Fantasy 7 would rule! Best story ever created in my opinion. You'd have to get Mr T to play Barret
FF8 had just as good as FF7s storyline. When i thought the ff movie would actually be anything like the game i was wrong. the movie blew because it didnt have mages and spells and turn based battles. I wasnted to see an FF movie not one just made by the same people as FF.
Old 2003-08-27, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

If they were gonna make another FF movie, I would say go with 8. But if I had to vote on the best game to go to a movie it WOULD BE Metal Gear Solid, or MG Sons of Liberty. Actualy they could do a decent series of movies using all of the games. Just dropping a character in and saying hes snake would suck. That game is renouned for its STORY LINE AND CHARACTERS. Not to mention I wanna see who they would get to play Ocelot.
Old 2003-08-27, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

Originally posted by Sp3ctre
Why Final Fantasy X?!
ehh, i wana see what Yuna would look like on a very big screen.

Mario i think could take another chance at the big screen, i mean make the movie based on Mario64.

and i think if i fail at racing, flying, or teaching, i'm gona put videogames on the big screen.
Old 2003-08-27, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Ok I think I'm definitely going to say I disagree very, very vehemently when you say "FF8 had just as good as FF7s storyline." and I think that's all I'm going to say because if I say anything more it's probably going to be taken the wrong way.

"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-08-27, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Robot
Major

movies can turn into very nice videogames, because movies have a set series of events, and a movie is usually focused on plotline, character development, etc. so all a developer has to do it is make it fun and allow interaction.

whereas, video games cannot turn into very nice movies, simply because video games are focused on interaction, rather than on plot, storyline, characters etc. with the rare case of RPG's. (but they usually mess them up with a completely stupid storyline and an incoherent script. let the movie makers make the movies.)
Old 2003-08-28, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

where most games>movies go wrong is that they try and reinvent the essence of the game, essentially pissing alot of the fans of the game off

Resident evil could have been a good horror/action movie if they had stuck to the games, creepy zombies coming out of dark corners and streets and stuff, and not the crap that it was

personally, i think Blizzard could make an absolutely GREAT CGI game, i mean, have you seen those CGI sequences in Warcraft III? they were stunning! they had decent cinematography too, not just pretty visuals
Old 2003-08-28, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

CGI's in WCIII were very cool (I still get chills when I hear "Succeeding you, father."). The style was a little cartoonish though, high quality cartoonish, but cartoonish all the same. I do agree it would be interesting to see a CGI movie that takes place in the warcraft universe, but I don't know that it would be a large enough box office draw to meet it's production costs.

After all while we gaming nerds tend to gather in large clusters, we really don't add up in comparison to the general public. Although thanks to the proliferation of gaming of just about every type that may just change... <insert maniacal laughter here>

Old 2003-08-28, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

8 sucked, especially compared to 7. But regarding FFX, I'd rather see Lulu than Yuna.

The reason game movies don't work is because a movie isn't a game. For example, in FF7 you have to climb Mt. Nibel. In a game this is interesting because you fight many bad guys along the way. In a movie it would suck because you can't have a whole scene dedicated to climbing a mountain and fighting random beasts. When you think about it, half of the game involves walking from one place to another with no dialogue. This would make a poor movie.
Old 2003-08-28, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

I would guess that there is at least 4+ hours of just dialogue in FFX though (still haven't beat it and my copy has a big scracth on it so /shrug). In most modern RPGs there is a ton of dialogue, sometimes almost too much *cough*Xenosaga*cough*. The thing to keep in mind is your average movie script is much shorter than most people assume. It takes a lot longer to act out a scene than it does to read.

With FF7 the quickest coimpletion time I've heard of was something like 48 hours. Much of that is just what you stated, walking around killing things. No one is suggesting a 48 hour movie however. You take out all the fighting except for some a small number of random skirmishes for atmosphere, add in the boss scenes and then include all the dialogue from the entire game and I'm willing ot bet you'd end up with a trilogy at least.

Old 2003-08-28, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I think the Silent Hill games should be made into a movie should be made into a movie. Twisted Metal would be awsome too.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-08-28, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
ViperGTS
Banned

Originally posted by Lonehunter187
I think the Silent Hill games should be made into a movie should be made into a movie. Twisted Metal would be awsome too.
Yes twisted metal would make a great movie...
Old 2003-08-29, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

The amount of fucked up goons in Twisted Metal would make an extremely sick (but ultimately good) film!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge