Take note, CEP exp across th board info from SJ. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Quote failed to load. Press Alt + F4 to continue...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-07, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Exclamation Take note, CEP exp across th board info from SJ.

Author Topic: Are CEPs Shared?
BrimstoneMighty
Station Member
Registered: Jun 2002 posted 02-07-2003 11:10 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand that BEPs are given to all members within a squad for every kill made, but what about CEPs?
If three of four squads team up to capture a base, is the squad that hacked the base the only one to get CEP? Or is it that all squad leaders within the SOI get CEPs as well?
I have searched everywhere I can think of for this but I have been unsuccessful.
What do you think?

A little bit o' the serious post for ya folks.

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 02-07-2003 11:46 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good question and I haven't elaborated on it previously. Here goes:
First, you have to be an active squad leader to get CEP at all. Just because you have command rank doesn't help. You have to be actively leading a squad at the time of capture.

The only person that gets CEP in a non-platoon situation (one squad only) is the leader of the squad that has the hacker in it that hacked the console. Sounds a bit like the "House that Jack Built" when I say it that way, but I think you understand.

When in a Platoon, all squad leaders in all squads get the CEP shared (just like normal squad members share BEP) as long as the original hacker is in one of the (up to) three squads in the platoon.

The hacker *can* join a squad after the actual hack has occurred and the squad leader will still get CEP.

Like BEP, no CEP is awarded unless the facility is actually *captured*...not just hacked.

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 02-07-2003 12:01 PM user search report post
Napalm...I'll have to check on BEP sharing across a platoon. I *believe* that BEP sharing is only across a squad. Only commanders get to share CEP across a platoon. BEP sharing across a platoon would be *very* lucrative in terms of experience and I don't think we wanted to be *that* generous.
But I need to verify that.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/002458.html
Old 2003-02-07, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
HotDogTommy
Corporal

good to know, thats the way i hoped it would be
Old 2003-02-08, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

If BEP isn't shared across platoons, then piloting a galaxy is going to be worth nothing because the galaxy pilot and crew don't fit in a squad with the infantry they carry. That just can't be right...
Old 2003-02-08, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

That does seem strange. Maybe they should have allowed 17-20 people in the galaxy.

I guess a platoon needs to put one squad in one galaxy, one squad in a second galaxy, and split a third squad between the two galaxies.

I would prefer it if an entire platoon shared BEPs but ech member got 1/3 of what they normally would have gotten. Or maybe a squad gets to keep 2/3rds of its BEPs and gives the other 1/3rd to the other two squad.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-09, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

I personally think this is a really bad idea (how CEP is divied up). When a standard battle as they invision it takes, as they stated, 100-200 people to complete, and only 3 commanders get CEP (which is really 3 out of the 10-20 there), that is just a joke. All commanders of FULL, I repeat FULL, squads should get CEP for capping and holding a location. Otherwise capping a base will be a race to get the CEPs rather then team work. Also, they have given no bonuses to commanders who defend, so we may see a "why defend when I can just retake it later?" attitude. All in all, I think the CEP system itself is very flawed, although the concept is nice.
Old 2003-02-09, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Flameseeker
Captain

So a Commander sitting is his nice big Sunderer outside a base will get CEPs because his hacker capped the base, but the Commander that led 10 men into the base, neutralized all defenders, blew up the generators, secured the spawn point, killed the enemy reinforcements, and set up several perimeter turrets won't get CEPs if they aren't in Hacker-Boy's platoon? Hmmm.....
Old 2003-02-10, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by OmnipotentKiwi
I personally think this is a really bad idea (how CEP is divied up). When a standard battle as they invision it takes, as they stated, 100-200 people to complete, and only 3 commanders get CEP (which is really 3 out of the 10-20 there), that is just a joke. All commanders of FULL, I repeat FULL, squads should get CEP for capping and holding a location. Otherwise capping a base will be a race to get the CEPs rather then team work. Also, they have given no bonuses to commanders who defend, so we may see a "why defend when I can just retake it later?" attitude. All in all, I think the CEP system itself is very flawed, although the concept is nice.
^I completely agree here concerning base defense. I'm thinking that there should be some sort of BEP/CEP advantage to people defending a base in it's SOI.
Old 2003-02-10, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
�io
Lieutenant General

The thing to remember about CEPs is not everyone is supossed to get them. If you want CEPs then go for it, make sure you get a good squad and be a good leader, otherwise do like the other peeps and get those BEPs. CEPs aren't there too make you more �ber, they aren't a necessary thing, they are there to allow the few who are dedicated, willing and able to lead do so.

I myself won't be after CEPs much at all. Once i get my char maxed out i might start going for some command levels but even then i'm not sure.
Old 2003-02-10, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

We should remeber the purpose of battles here. It is to enjoy fighting and compete for victory, not to accrue CEPs. As a commander, CEPs should come second to both winning your factions battles and to getting your squad the maximum BEPs possible.

CEPs and command abilities are a vehicle to be used for increasing your win percentage. You should be trying to get CEPs so your faction wins more battles. If getting CEPs is more important to you then achieveing victory then you are a detriment to your factions potential.

If you are a commander who is focused on experience points, it should be on getting the most BEPs for you squad, not your squad getting the most CEPs for you.

In the end, if you focus on taking care of your boys, your boys will take care of you.

Old 2003-02-13, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

The galaxy crews are still getting the BEP shaft
Old 2003-02-13, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Steveokb
Private

i completly agree about the galexy shaft...if a galexy crew doesnt get beps for bringin there men 2 battle and thus causeing a win thats just stupid, no one will want to fly them anymore if theres not advantedges. im a piolt..gunner..and a fighter.. so i think that if im puttin my ass on the line 2 bring my men the support they need i sould be rewarded!
stevo-
Old 2003-02-13, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Maybe they could give a small amount of BEPs for X amount of time flying a galaxy.

Old 2003-02-14, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

He didnt say that there wouldnt be BEP shared with the galaxy crew. More then likely there will be a squad of gunners/pilots, and 2 squads of infantry. That will be a platoon and all will get BEP.
Old 2003-02-14, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Here's what he did say:
Napalm...I'll have to check on BEP sharing across a platoon. I *believe* that BEP sharing is only across a squad. Only commanders get to share CEP across a platoon. BEP sharing across a platoon would be *very* lucrative in terms of experience and I don't think we wanted to be *that* generous.
But I need to verify that.
Of course. the link is broken to the OF thread so there is no way to figure out if he verified it and what that verification resulted in.
Old 2003-02-14, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

I am positive that BEP is only shared among a squad, and not a platoon.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion