Sniping....rehashed... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Telling it like it is.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-27, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Sniping....rehashed...

Do you think the bolt drive will be the sniper rifle of choice? With the range implant any weapon can be used at long range, and weapons like the Lancer or the Guass rifle fire very damaging rounds, and the Guass is far faster firing then the bolt driver. Also anyone who snipes in FPS's knows that you often snipe at closer range then the Max, so would not a cycler, with its 4x range bost be more usefull at most ranges? I myself see many TR snipers using the cycler as a sniper weapon that has use as a defensive weapon up close, and a damn good one, wheres the bolt driver is not very useful up close. What are your thoughts?
Old 2003-02-27, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
The Eternal
Sergeant

Bolt driver is the only sniper rifle, it does massive damage, and has killer range, in addition you don't need the range magnifier as it already has the best zoom of all weapons

Old 2003-02-27, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Arshune
Captain

Bolt driver will be better I think. They said each weapon only has so much effective range and that the bolt driver fires the furthest. That, and some of the weapons give off trails when fired, especially the Vanu ones. Can't have that as a sniper.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-27, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zetre
First Sergeant

yes, very inteligent tobias, i see you read his post thoroughly. I agree with you the eternal, i think that the Guass will probably be one of the most used long range weapons. I think this could be bad and good. On one hand, i like to get up close and personal in games, on the other, it will be cool for the NC, whoo hoo
Old 2003-02-27, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Khronos
Lieutenant Colonel

well it does have great range and good damg like arshune and the eternal stated. If i snipe, ill still use it because of the range. I think it would be effective at picking off some less armored scouts or somthing.
Old 2003-02-27, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Subliminal
First Sergeant

I think the Bolt drivers slow recharge will make sniping with it near impossible. If a character is at full health you cant kill him with one shot. So the bolt will be good for picking off the wounded and the guass for normal infantry. And as stated the vanu weps will blow your cover. Im going to use the Gauss as my main wep probably so with that and the range mag ill be able to snipe if the need should arise and also get right into the frontline at other times.
Old 2003-02-27, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
KeviN
First Sergeant

Reading this, the BD does seem a little underpowered. Maybe they'll fix it in a patch or something.
Old 2003-02-27, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Nightmare
First Sergeant

The bolt driver can kill people in standard, infiltration, and I think agile armor in one shot, no matter where you hit them. I may be wrong about agile, but the other 2 are one-hit kills.
Old 2003-02-27, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Frozen-Monkey
Master Sergeant

you can use any gun as a sniper rifle but it wont be as acurate or efective

<STFU> Frozen_Monkey
<Storm Troopers From Uranus>
Old 2003-02-27, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

You guys are forgeting, the boltdriver is the only gun with a crosshair. Sure you can zoom other weapons, but you still have the cone of fire to aim with. The bolt driver has a scope, and therefor a crosshair. That will make it much more accurate then the guass or cycler. Plus....it looks so cool.
Old 2003-02-27, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Subliminal
First Sergeant

The bolt driver can kill people in standard, infiltration, and I think agile armor in one shot, no matter where you hit them. I may be wrong about agile, but the other 2 are one-hit kills.

Oh, I didnt know that. Maybe sniping will be a little better then I had it figured to be. I hope there are alot of elevations such as moutains and rocks to utilize.
Old 2003-02-27, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
HRR Raven
Corporal

You know that big mountain in the center of the continent? To get to the sage on the top you have to run the gauntlet of snipers sitting on that mountain.

"Oh wise man, what is the meaning of li.... screw that, when's PS coming out, dude, and who do I have to bribe to get into the next round of beta?"

God Bless America
Old 2003-02-27, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Arshune
Captain

Oh yeah, the cone of fire thing...if you look at the screens, most of the cones look to be about a centimeter or so in diameter, that's a pretty big cone at long range.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-27, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

The bolt Driver still pwns, It can kill in one shot on some armors, has a crosshair, and has no bullet travel time.
Old 2003-02-27, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Cao_Cao
Private

Just an opinion.

Honestly, I believe that both weapons will do good and bad, there is also alot of diffrent ways each weapon will be used. There is prob alot of diffrent types of terain and what not.

Well just my 2 �

(Omnistar) <42nd Para Trooper Medic>

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion