Will mine sweepers be able to destroy boomers? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look ma! No HTML!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-27, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
FraBaktos
First Sergeant

Will mine sweepers be able to destroy boomers?

Will the mine sweeping devices be able to destroy boomers or only mines? anyone know?
Old 2003-02-27, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

I believe that they only destroy mines, not quite positive on this one.
Old 2003-02-28, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Meshuggah
Corporal

And they totaly own solitaire...
Old 2003-02-28, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kyonye
Contributor
General

only mines, hence MINEsweeper.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-02-28, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Is a radio controlled bomb any less of a mine then a bomb triggered by pressure or proximity? Id think they would destroy boomers, but i could be wrong.
Old 2003-02-28, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
diluted
Major

how will mines react to vanu tanks?
Old 2003-02-28, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Arshune
Captain

Logically, the force keeping it up would be exerting pressure on the ground and the mines would still go off. However, this is a fantasy game, so it's anybody's guess.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-28, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

They are set off by movement, Dave said something about a aircraft flying to low and setting one off.
So a Vanu hover tank will set them off just as well.
Also if you walk over them slow enough they dont go off. so go easy in a minefield

I dont think a minesweeper would detonate a boomer, it would defeet the purpose of them.

"Damn, Those Vanu bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!"
"Rip off my sig and I'll shit down your neck!"
Old 2003-02-28, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Unknown
First Sergeant

Actually from what I understand they go off with proximity. I doubt it matters how fast you are going, if you get within range of it, it blows up.

However, deployable motion sensors allow automated wall turrets to shoot at infantry, and going slowly will trick the sensors, maybe you're thinking of that? While on the subject, anyone know what else motion sensors are good for? Do they place people on the sensor net? Do they pick up cloakers ala T2?
Old 2003-02-28, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Unknown
While on the subject, anyone know what else motion sensors are good for? Do they place people on the sensor net? Do they pick up cloakers ala T2?
Motion sensors track motion.
Stealthers move.
Motion sensors track stealthers, and that is their use.
Old 2003-02-28, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ludio
First Sergeant

The motion sensors can only see you when you are running, if they see you they put you on the radar. So if you walk you are fine, except that you're a very slow target.
Old 2003-03-01, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Yeah but if your invisible it really wouldn't matter would it?
Old 2003-03-01, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Terran Elite Airborne Regiment

True dat Ludio, but still, doesn't the stealth armor produce like some glow, or some type of interference in the view, something. In sure it does and people with good eyes would detect that wavy interference and react, usually with force! The the person in the stealth suit would have to go faster making them visible pysicaly and on sensor, plus they activate whatever trap was set.

-Dark-

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-03-01, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
RageMaster
Corporal

DarkDragon,

I think we can both agree that if you use stealth-armour with a little thought you could overcome things such as motion sensors. Plus, implant variations, silent footsteps, increased running speed etc. could have a bearing on how easy it is to get past enemy units and counter-stealth devices.

With regards to stealth-suit "haze" or "glow", sure they will still be visible slightly, but using stealth in areas where the enemy is offguard, showing off their MAX suits and vehicles, in bases which have seen no action, near groups of enemies chatting (eyes in the chat window), and anywhere where the enemy will be offguard and unexpecting, the stealth armour may just come into its own.

Audio Amp and DarkLight Vision cost stamina to use, so whether players will be switching these implants on and off just to check for stealth guys in an otherwise secure base is yet to be seen. I believe only the most vigilant players will spot tactically minded stealthers. Which is why I will FULLY explore tactical possibilities with stealth armour when I get the game.

-RageMaster
Old 2003-03-02, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Moleculor
Sergeant

And just to jump in on the original question...

I'm betting that minesweepers -will- be able to take out boomers, because after all... something has to be able to take them out, right? And the closest thing they are to is a mine.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion