offense or defense - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will this balance patch also affect the forums?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-01, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MiniOrca
Staff Sergeant

offense or defense

Debating which way i should go, maybe some of you could help me out

IM either going to get Heavy Assault and reinforced armor

or get a MAX(which comes with its own weapon
Old 2003-03-01, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Personly I like to be defence, why run around looking for the enemy when you know they will come to you.

Max suits are kinda restrictive, I dont think you can use Reks or med kits while in them, so you would need alot of suport to keep you in the action. I like the idea of reincorced armor, maybe abit slow but sturdy enough to keep you in one peice and enough room for all your faverout toys.

A sweeper shotgun and a Rocklet would make for good defence. Shottys have good stopping power and you never know when your gonna need to blow something up. Tumpers sound like a Blast too (chuckle)

"Damn, Those Vanu bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!"
"Rip off my sig and I'll shit down your neck!"
Old 2003-03-01, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
MiniOrca
Staff Sergeant

so would it be a good idea to get the rocklet as well?
Old 2003-03-01, 07:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

well if enough people are using tanks / buggies it would be worth carrying around, it might be good against troops too. If you planning on sticking around a base it dosnt really matter which weapons you choose you carry around. If you get blown up by a tank while your in Anti - infantry mode you can just re equip before you head into the action.

All weapons have merrit, they are all situational weapons. Find a setup that apeals to you and master it

Old 2003-03-01, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
MiniOrca
Staff Sergeant

alright thx timber , im think im going to get reinforced with heavy assault and some other special toy, hehehe, im good at that kind of stuff, so gonna try that out and also going to give myself some vehicle certs, so im gonna be like a real soldier lol
Old 2003-03-01, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

Just remember that re-enforced can only drive open air vehicles, and MAX can drive none. Choose whatever you feel is best, since this game is squad based, they want you to specialize because other people will help you out.
Old 2003-03-01, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ZeroMasters
Private

hah, only a fool would choose one.

and besides, the best defense is a good offense, if they cant get to your base, aint that defending it??

if only some of you used commmon sense, if possible.
Old 2003-03-01, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by ZeroMasters
hah, only a fool would choose one.
choose one what
Old 2003-03-01, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Destroyeron
Troll x2

I think he means choosing between offence or defense.
Old 2003-03-01, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
simba
Major

But if a MAX armour has the medic cert he can carry around med kits just not use it, he can also carry weapons and reks and stuff like that tho just not use it, am I right? And is open-topped vehicles the harrasser and maurader?
Old 2003-03-01, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Empire specific vehicles will be a cert well spent. Firepower, man power and speed; a good combination. 3 of these (each seats 3 guys) and the 10th man in a aircraft for scouting. Could do some damage to an unprepared enemy.

VanuScum01: "Hey what�s that noise?"
VanuScum02: �It appears to be an Aircraft named the mosquito, allow me to insert a witty comment in my next statement referring to the insect form of the Mosquito�
VanuScum01: �Huh?�
VanuScum02: "let�s swat it!!"
*Foolish Vanu attack the lone Mosquito*
VanuScum02: "Ha ha observe them move in the opposite direction from us!"
VanuScum01: �huh?�
VanuScum02 �Ha Ha! Look at them run!�
VanuScum04: "wait....what�s that OTHER noise"
*sound of roaring engines and Banjos fills the air*
*3 Marauders full of Unwashed yet Deadly TerranGrunts bound over the hill and make towards the Vanu outpost*
TerranGrunt01: "Cummon Vanews, Lets Wrestul. I bet I can make ya squeal like a piggy!!"
TerranGrunt05: "Lets gettum!"
*the Terrans unleash a barraged of Heehaws that force the Vanu to flee their outpost in their Hover buggies*
VanuScum03: "If we can make it to the Team discovery Channel base we have a fighting chance"
VanuScum06: "I concur�
*The "Heehaws" of Unwashed yet Deadly Terrans is only drowned out by the equally inspiring sound of "Dueling Banjos" being blasted out from their "Customized speakers" attached to their Rides*
TerranGrunt06: "Commence op-O-ration havoc on ma signul!"
*A marauder pulls up on each side of a Vanu buggy and one over takes it, sitting right in front of!!, the Vanu are boxed in, nowhere to run...surely they are done fore*
TerranGrunt06: "op-O-ration Havoc is GO!"
*suddenly the Terrans draw their weapons and point them at the Vehicle....*
TerranGrunt06: "Attack!"
*Turning their weapons around the Terrans begin to beat the Buggy with the handles of their guns!!*
VanuScum07: "OMFG! Their chipping the paint! Their CHIPPING THE PAINT!"
VanuScum04: "No no no! not the chrome bumper!"
*After several minutes of unrelenting punishment the Vanu finally reach Team Discovery channels base*
VanuScum10: "Active the area division counter balancing device!!"
VanuScum13: "Huh?"
VanuScum10: "The gates you Neanderthal! Open the gates!"
*the chipped and scraped Vanu vehicle glides in, the gate slamming shut after them*
TerranGrunt07: "Open dem dar gates ya Purple pansy�s or Yall gonna be sorry"
VanuScum11: "what�s he saying... someone get the translation book"
*a Vanu soldier whips out his Terran to Vanu translation guide*
VanuScum11: "ok, he Wishes that we Activate the area division counterbalance device to grant them access to our compound or the consequences will be dire"....*thumbs through the book some more* "either that or he want to know if we have seen his Grandfather lately"
VanuScum09: *shouts over the wall* "I regret to inform you that we have had no visual confirmation of the where about of your Grandfather, We are willing to assist you in a search if you would be so kind as to conduct yourselves in a civil and Dignified manner"
*the Terran look at each other puzzled*
TerranGrunt01: "What tha heck did is he yammering about paw?"
TerranGrunt06: "Ah dunno, but dem sure does sound like a Fightin wurds!"
TerranGrunt07: "A said let us in or else we is gunna have a ho down and cause a ruckus until ya does!!"
*all the Vanu turn to look at VanuScum11*
VanuScum11: "I do recall stating to you in an afore mentioned conversation that you do grant us access to your compound, the resulting consequence for you not complying with our demands being, that of we will place oversized glass liquid containers to our lips and expel a mixture of oxygen and carbon dioxide from out lungs to create a audible vibration in the air. During the course of this audible vibration we will move our limbs in an unconventional manner while creating loud noises until you comply with our demands"....."Ether that or they wish to use our bathroom"
VanuScum09: "We regret to inform you that we cannot grant you access to our compound to allow you to use our waste disposal unit as we fear you will not conduct yourself apparently whilst inside. And you will most likely leave the seat up"
*the Terrans look at each other puzzling for a minute...*
TerranGrunt07: "HODOWN!"
*several grunts begin to blow over the neck of large water bottles while the others dance and ****
TerranGrunts in unison: "Yeeeehawwww"
VanuScum12: "Most undignified and displeasing to my ears, I fear that I will not be able to withstand such an audio barrage for much longer... Let us drive them off with our trivia knowledge of the forests of Auraxis"
VanuScum06: "I concur"
VanuScum12: *shouting over the wall* "The trees that surround Lake Hamma may look like the common oak but they are actually closely related to the Elm, when you closely examine their DNA structure"
*The Terran stop Jigging and look up to the Vanu*
VanuScum08 "The Dio bird that dwells in the trees to the north of here actually prefer the shade of the Shamboigle tree but those are currently being occupied by a flock of Crested eMa's"
Terrangrunt05: "what in the name of squirrel tail antenna covers are they yammering about?"
TerranGrunt04: "I'll be danged if I know....but I�m a scared"
VanuScum04: "I believe our trivia is having the desired affect, The common Fire_monkey was responsible for more than 73.62% of all forest fires on the 1st quarter of this year, Lucky we AirLift'ed them to the safety of our polar contents where they can causes no further damage to our ecosystem"
TerranGrunt01: "That�s it am a outa here, them Vanews is tawlkin crazy tawlk"
TerranGrunt04: "uh hu, lets get back to the barn, if we leave now we can catch Wheel of Fortune!"
Terrangrunt07: "But we cant let the Vanews think we are all scared o' them"
TerranGrunt02: "But what about the Wheel!"
TerranGrunt09: "A gots mes a plan!......RUN AWAY!"
*So the Unwashed yet deadly Terran pile back into their rides and make for home*
VanuScum03: "Success! using the knowledge of the tree dwelling wildlife we have overthrown the enemy!"
Vanu in unison: "SCIENCE POWER!"
VanuScum06: "Would anyone like to join me in a rousing game of Dungeons and dragons?"
Vanu in unison: "oooh Me!"

Last edited by TimberWolf2K; 2003-03-01 at 09:23 AM.
Old 2003-03-01, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Whoohoo Im a Soldier now! go me!... I guess the forum gods liked all my Sacrifices!...erm I mean posts. yeah posts.....
{Think}...they know to much, they must be "silenced"{Think}

Old 2003-03-01, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Nepmit
Private

im always goin to be on offense. no time sitting around defending your base.
Old 2003-03-01, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I intend to be on offense at least 90% of the time. You have to defend for 15 minutes on offense anyway, so once that timer goes off and the base is capped, I'm loading up and moving to the next base. Either someone will drop in to fill the void, or the base will fall and I'll come back later.
Old 2003-03-01, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

You can not win a war by defending. You are always just reacting to what the enemy does, once you start defending you lose the ability to gain anything, eventually you will lose a center, lose that 1 more inch of ground, and if you don�t go offensive, you have no hope for winning.

I am going to always be pushing, attacking, never letting up, bring the battle to your enemy, don�t let him decide when and where to fight.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion