PSU: Will my 8.8k modem run this game?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-08-26, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

VideoGames and Movies

What video games do you think are movie worthy? i mean we played many many videogames in our lives, which one would have he most chance of getting into showbiz....or moviebiz....watever.

I think Final FantasyX would make a very good movie, even though half the game is already like part movie, but seeing the characters performed by real actors would be sweet, and i think Final FantasyX would make a really good movie (cause yuna(sp?) is hotT).

Oh and speaking of videogames and movies, nintendo's Metriod is being made by the makers of Final Destination and American Pie (why the hell are makers from AP working on some action movie though?), and Samus is hotT too, so it should be good when it comes out........5 years from now...........or whatever.........
Old 2003-08-26, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Spider
General

About any game would make a good movie. Half-life, warcraf etc. etc. tons of titles would make a real good seller eh.
Old 2003-08-26, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Any game with an indepth plot and halfway decent in-game dialogue like say Deus Ex or Metal Gear Solid.

What exactly are they going to make out of Metroid? She's a lone bounty hunter. She doesn't have any wacky sidekicks or love interests. The planets the metroids are on are usually devoid of human life so she sure as hell better not meet any wacky sidekicks or love interests. The movie, assuming they held true to Metroid, would be 2 hours of Samus walking around finding equipment and shooting the native wildlife. And if they don't hold true to it then why call it Metroid?

FFX I agree would be a great movie, but I'm not so sure you could fit the entire story into a single movie.

Over all, just considering the sheer number of crappy movies that have been made out of video games....come to think of it I think crappy may just cover all movies to come out of video games...hmmm

I digress. My point was that video games are good and movies are good. Combining the two generally ends up badly though. Kinda like while chocolate syrup is good and american cheese slices are good, combining the two is generally bad...very very bad

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-08-26, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
r3d
Banned

Originally posted by Happy lil' Elf
I digress. My point was that video games are good and movies are good. Combining the two generally ends up badly though. Kinda like while chocolate syrup is good and american cheese slices are good, combining the two is generally bad...very very bad
Kinda like turning resident evil into a movie? ;]
Old 2003-08-26, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ViperGTS
Banned

Originally posted by r3d
Kinda like turning resident evil into a movie? ;]
Goddamnit i hate that movie so much...
I would love to see any twisted metal into a game...that would be Awsome...
Old 2003-08-26, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid, Etc...
Old 2003-08-26, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

What exactly are they going to make out of Metroid? She's a lone bounty hunter. She doesn't have any wacky sidekicks or love interests. The planets the metroids are on are usually devoid of human life so she sure as hell better not meet any wacky sidekicks or love interests. The movie, assuming they held true to Metroid, would be 2 hours of Samus walking around finding equipment and shooting the native wildlife. And if they don't hold true to it then why call it Metroid?

ehh, i dunno, i agree its probably gona be boring, but they just got the contract or whatever several months ago so nothings really made.....

hmmmm, maybe Mario movie, or Zelda....i kno somewhere back then they made something, but it from what i hear was a load of crap.

ya kno, i would also like to see GT (i dont wana spell it cause i'll make a bigass sp) as a movie, or maybe Halo........o, and one of the GTA games.
Old 2003-08-26, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
�io
Lieutenant General

Well if they start the Metroid movie with how Samus was found by the chozo and got her armor than it might have potentiel. If they don't go into her past than it's gonna suck.
Old 2003-08-26, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

i've come to the conclusion that the only way to make a good game>movie is to do it CG animation style

i would love for Blizzard to make a Warcraft III movie, they have great talents when it comes to CG animation, the scenes in Warcraft III being spectacular proof
Old 2003-08-26, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Yeah good call on that Dio. The backstory of Samus could be a very cool movie indeed. I just know that they'll stick some hot chick in as Samus and at some point her armor will be completely torn to shreds except her gun and she'll be tromping around in her underwear shooting things though

Max Payne would be cool, and it's a game that's doable in a movie for the most part.

I'd love to see a well done series of Mechwarrior movies. Ones that follow one of the wars, have good special effects and better actors.

"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-08-26, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

Yeah good call on that Dio. The backstory of Samus could be a very cool movie indeed. I just know that they'll stick some hot chick in as Samus and at some point her armor will be completely torn to shreds except her gun and she'll be tromping around in her underwear shooting things though

Old 2003-08-26, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Spider
General

OH fuck yea! A mechwarrior movie would own.

The mech 4 setting would be cool... heck any of their stories are cool... even mech commander :o
Old 2003-08-27, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally posted by �io
Well if they start the Metroid movie with how Samus was found by the chozo and got her armor than it might have potentiel. If they don't go into her past than it's gonna suck.
That would own. Metroid Prime alone proved there's so much left for the story, both in reoccuring races and the chozo lore.

That game owned. And yeah, I'd sacrifice children to see a Metal Gear Solid movie.
Old 2003-08-27, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Mejwell
Sergeant

No game will ever make an excellent movie because of three things:

1) After past failures of game movies at the box office, no major funding will ever be allocated for a game-to-movie transformation.

2) With lack of funding comes lack of talented writers, which are a NECESSITY for changing a game to a movie. A lot of games have talented writing to begin with, that's for certain. But a lot of it centers around the gameplay; long sneaking segments or convoluted puzzles or what have you.

3) Lack of talented directors. Self-explanatory.
Old 2003-08-27, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

There are exceptions to the rule, Tomb Raider probably being the most prominent. I think the reason many of the past movies based off of video games has in large part had to do with the games chosen. Super Mario Brothers was a horrible choice. Street Fighter was just as bad a choice, if not even worse. Mortal Kombat actually wasn't too horrible but it definately doesn't belong in the "good movie" category. MK2 was just the same as Mortal Kombat but with some really, and I do mean really, shitty CGI at the end of it. Resident Evil...well I hate the Resident Evil games to begin with and not even Milla (hottest chick in any movie ever goes to her for her role of Leeloo in The 5th Element) could save that movie for me. God I hate suspense thriller games. Although hate may not be a strong enough word.....loathing hatred maybe?

Sorry, I got a little distracted there. Anyways point being there have been some very poor choices in games to convert on to the silver screen. Hopefully after the success of the Tomb Raider movies studios pull thier heads out of their asses and get the kind of funding and talent behind the next generation of movies based off video games and make them significantly less craptacular.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge