Think SOE has bad support? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So if I press the self-destruct button like so.....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-08-30, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sputty
Banned

Think SOE has bad support?

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=2

Heheh, this is probably the first time I've seen something like this. Sierra no doubt.
Old 2003-08-30, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

wow.. the people are eating marweas alive. poor guy...
Old 2003-08-30, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
GonePostal
Lieutenant Colonel

roffle!

nice find
Old 2003-08-30, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Squick
Major

Well, I'll be concluding my participation in this forum with this post. Frankly, the effort put into keeping this miniscule community informed is not worth the aggravation or the time.
LOL! That is hillirious!

When I think of the poor PR people at game companies sitting at their desk browsing a forum with the same 10-20 people bashing their game constantly, I picture everyone wanting to post that
Old 2003-08-30, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sputty
Banned

I was annoyed about it. Sort of proves when a company doesn't care about the product or the community at all. Kind of like PS(although SOE is far better than Sierra and did a good amount but you an still tell what SOE cares about)
Old 2003-08-30, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally posted by Sputty
I was annoyed about it. Sort of proves when a company doesn't care about the product or the community at all. Kind of like PS(although SOE is far better than Sierra and did a good amount but you an still tell what SOE cares about)
SOE is doing a great job with PS. They are fixing bugs and updating the game a lot.
Old 2003-08-30, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by 321
SOE is doing a great job with PS. They are fixing bugs and updating the game a lot.
Meh, the way i see it that's too little too late. The game wasn't ready for release when it came out (how many of us got countless lock-ups or 2 days without servers,etc) and now they are even going back on what they said to try and get more customers. In beta time the devs clearly said no mortars, what's coming in Core combat? Mortars! Add to that the already present bombers and LLU and you get a more expensive, more pretty version of T2.
Old 2003-08-30, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally posted by �io
Add to that the already present bombers and LLU and you get a more expensive, more pretty version of T2.

And I like the Liberator but I don't really like the LLU but if it will help make more battles outside of bases then I think it's a good idea but so far I haven't seen that happen.
Old 2003-08-30, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Zodiac
Colonel

im not saying that the PR guy did t he right thing but i agree with one of the posts:

"Im sure out of every 1000 posts of criticism, Marweas is allowed the odd Derek Smart episode to get it out of his system. Although I'm sure he realises what he posted was the wrong thing for a PR manager to do, he's human as well - no need to crucify him.

Im sure anyone who has worked in sales would agree & sympathise. Sometimes the customer is not only wrong, but they shit you to tears as well."

Old 2003-08-30, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mejwell
Sergeant

Originally posted by me on the {BOHICA} forums
Am I the only one who thought it was great how that guy had the balls to put the community in their place? What he said was all too true. All the of the official gaming communities that I've tried to assimilate into are often chock full of people who would rather believe that whatever they say should be law, rather than accepting the fact that the company is trying to do its best. Hey, it doesn't matter what the developer says, they're all a bunch of lying assholes who actively try to screw up their product to drive customers away because they don't want to make any money! Sure, Billy. Just because you can post your half-assed complaints on a forums doesn't make them true.
Old 2003-08-30, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

Originally posted by �io
Add to that the already present bombers and LLU and you get a more expensive, more pretty version of T2.
but without the UE's.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge