Exploits in PlanetSide - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hail!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-11, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
cHaM
Private

Exploits in PlanetSide

[Edited by Admin. Not everyone needs to cheat]
Old 2003-11-11, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
krayons
Sergeant

I agree they need to fix cheats not ignore it and have half the population using cheats and expoilts
Old 2003-11-12, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm going to remove this post because everyone doesent need to know about these exploits, however I will fire off some emails. If these were deleted Im sure it was for good reason, they dont need everyone and their mom using these exploits, same reason I removed them.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-12, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

Just sent some emails, I'm sure they will look into them if they have not already.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-12, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
cHaM
Private

Thanks for the support. I don't want people cheating either, I just want them fixed. I figured if everyone knew about them than they'd have to step up the pace to fix them.

-cHaM
el33t

Last edited by cHaM; 2003-11-12 at 08:12 PM.
Old 2003-11-12, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Phaden
Contributor
Major

Yeh, some of them i kinda had noticed, the first ones being, but not amything substantial. But who knows, better off without them.
Old 2003-11-12, 05:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
DramaticFanatic
First Sergeant

What type of exploits were they? EXP exploits? Killing exploits?
Old 2003-11-12, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't know if SOE knows this or not, but exploiters are really hurting their game. Hang a few exploiters (and their accounts) out to dry and let the honest players get some small sense that there's a sheriff somewhere in town.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-12, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DoomWarrior
First Sergeant

Has anyone seen the auto tank re-load one? i have had a vaneguard blow my reaver out of the sky firing shot after shot with almost no space in between each one fired
In times of life, death will come

Those who face their fate will know of its return,
those who face it's destiny are for the evil to turn.

Old 2003-11-12, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Marsman
Major

Folks, if you have discovered an exploit, please do not post the specific method of achieving the exploit. Tell us about it yes, but not exactly how to do it. Please put the specifics in a PM to one of the admins and we'll be sure to forward it to SOE. As Hamma said, it doesn't help to inform the community how to achieve an exploit - it is helpful to inform the community that it exists and what it looks like so we all can be on the lookout for it. Let's spread education and information about these but not encourage their practice.
Old 2003-11-12, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Veteran
I don't know if SOE knows this or not, but exploiters are really hurting their game. Hang a few exploiters (and their accounts) out to dry and let the honest players get some small sense that there's a sheriff somewhere in town.
Wrong. That's exactly the wrong thing to do. The problem is alot of people are using these, like me, and don't even know or consider them to be exploits. The most trivial one listed is something that has worked in every fps game that I can remember playing. I've thought this is simply how the weapons work, and have never thought of it as an exploit. So if it truly is, it's news to me, and will be to ALOT of players. Banning them would be a surefire way to kill the population in a hurry. Don't get me wrong, mostly these things need to get fixed, but banning the people using them would pretty much kill PS.
Old 2003-11-12, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
flypengy
Master Sergeant

I have to disagree with the one about the MA rof increase... doing what he described causes a severe COF increase.
Old 2003-11-12, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If you're exploiting, you know it. Don't give me any crap that it's a 'harmless' exploit. The exploiters club consists of people who consider themself too elite to play by the rules, and the exact right thing to do is throw a torch in and burn it down. You're wrong if you think most players exploit. You don't think aimbot users should be banned? That's really weird.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-12, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
RagingSpeedhorn
Corporal

These are exploits that anyone can use, you dont have to employ cheatware, or modify PS in anyway.

So, how can they be cheats when all you have to to is be fast with your fingers, if you've played fsp or GTA III and VC you should have worked them out anyway.

I didn't here anyone shouting 'Nerf the poplock exploit', did you?
Old 2003-11-12, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Find a working aimbot for PS, I don't believe such an animal exists. After years of UT and Q3 I have become pretty adept at spotting them, and never can I recall coming across a player who seemed to be a botter.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion