PSU: Watch out...its the goverment.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction

Old 2003-12-03, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
apachepilotpat

Dante` S6849 (a non-ps fiction)

[COLOR=DarkRed]
Here's a story that started as a school assignment but I've been adding and making it better. Enjoy.

Any one from your time would say my life sucks. It does but I�ll bet a lot of people in my time, 2121, would like to be me, Dante` S6849 (we don�t have last names, just the Sector we�re from). The reason being I�m one of the only ones who have food and water. Ever since WWVI food and clean water are scarce and most people would kill for some. We do get daily rations provided by the government but it�s hardly any thing since the nuclear attacks wiped out the entire west side of North America. There have been attacks on the east side to but our laser cannons have destroyed the bombs before they hit. This technique protects us but can make radiation fall-out and then we can have acid rain that will burn through human flesh it you are not covered.
People do any thing to get more food than what�s provided. My parents died in a nuclear bombing leaving me an orphan at 15. The good part is I get three daily rations instead of one! I know the hydroponics� food supply will eventually run out and we can�t get any food from other countries because all air travel is stopped except for military planes, so I save up my parent�s rations for when I will need them. I really don�t care that it�s not fair if I get more then everyone else. To hell with them for all I care.
Yesterday, a government official saw me practicing my sword fighting and asked if I would serve in the military as a special operative.
The nuclear war has destroyed most of our country as we no it but when I was eavesdropping I heard about the biome we have on the dark side of the moon. It has almost every terrain on earth inside it including, water, dessert, jungle, plains, and mountains. It has been a �Top Secret� project done by the government to let the human race survive if we are attacked by the aliens we made contact with about twenty years ago. The truce we made with them isn�t working out especially since some jackass at the control station accidentally bombed them. They disconnected us and we haven�t heard from them in a while.
The reason I chose to serve is because I want to get to the biome so that I might be able to survive. Screw Earth, I really don�t care if everyone dies. We also get paid a good deal for our services. I got on the plane to the training camp today. It was a fighter jet and I had to travel separately because I couldn�t fit in the jet with the other two people going to the training camp in Great Britain, which was one of the only places not attacked. Our plane got slightly lost and arrived after the others. We finally got meet our trainer��Joy!�
�Why the hell are you late! You should have been here a half-hour ago! Do you want to be a special operative or not?! Well?!�
�Sorry I�m late sir, but if you want me to take my services elsewhere, like the Axis then I will. How do you like that, Sir?� I said back with a sarcastic tone in my voice.
With a smart comment, you get a smart answer and his was, �If you want to go than do it. You probably can�t even beat the first level of the simulation!�
�Ha, what a joke. I�d show him.� I thought to myself. I went over and beat the first level without even using my sword I carry everywhere on my back. �I could do that with my eyes closed if I wanted to.� I said back to him.
�Maybe you can beat the first level but what if I turned it up a little.� He said back.
�Bring it on!� Again I was able to beat it only using my laser-sharpened sword at the end. I think he eventually saw what a help I would be. After a good day of embarrassing the simulator, which was supposed to be the best in the world, we finally got to go back to our quarters.
Earlier I met a girl my age named Samantha or Sam, as she wanted to be called. She was chosen because she was a throwing star expert and Desert Eagle marksman. She was pretty good and could kill with a paper clip.
We talked some and became friends. This was the first time I was ever a friend with anyone. It was a little strange, actually caring about someone other then myself.
We eventually got into battle and I�m sure that Sam and me were the best ones out there. Every thing was going well, we killed everyone who got in our path. However we were losing ground because of the lack of troops so we decided we would hide in a near by trench, give one last attack and then retreat. When they came near we popped up and attacked. We killed some of them and as we were running the commander of their army grabbed a throwing star out of one of his dead comrades and threw it. It was a lucky hit, right in Sam�s back. I had run about 15 yards when I noticed she wasn�t with me anymore.
I turned back to look and heard their general �Having fun you two! How�s this for fun!� as he began hacking at her with a sharp metal bar. The third time was his last because at that moment his back was split open by the blade of my sword, revealing the string of divided vertebrae, and gushing warm, crimson blood everywhere.
I was too late though. She was already dead. I killed every single one of them in a rush of anger. Even going so far as to kick straight through a guy, my foot protruding through the back of his stomach. Another met his end with my sword shoved through his mouth and sticking out the back of his neck and another one with my knuckles deeply imbedded in the side of his face breaking his jaw with a sickening crunch, and about ten of them beheaded.
We, or should I say, I won that battle and saved the country but today I was stained. Not only the physical blood of all the people I killed splattered on every square inch of me, but the mental blood of the revulsion and horror of the battle. I have never killed before and I have just now lost all innocence I ever had by killing hundreds in the bloody battle.
As I sit here on the empty battlefield writing this in the blood of my decapitated finger from my left hand (thankfully not my sword hand), I knew my life had some purpose now and I would do anything in the name of my dead and only friend Sam.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction