CONCEPT: A fourth Empire. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote has been taken out of context.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2006-02-21, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Boomer
First Sergeant

CONCEPT: A fourth Empire.

I have been designing a concept lately about what it would be like to add a fourth empire to the game. Basically, here would be the benefits:
  • New varied gameplay for veteran players
  • New, More dynamic battles
  • A more complicated lattice system.
  • More battles!
  • New Weapons, Vehicles, and Armor !

I have several ideas about what the new empire's theme could be.

They would be white, and either neutral green, or dirt brown (or you know, something..) Their armor would look like cooler Vanu armor, basically like cave armor. Because, this empire would be based on cave dwellers! (Not kidding)

This fraggle empire would have a sanctuary with a link to a new caveish continent (I'll post concepts for this later), and links to one of the "middle" continents that already exist.

They would use core weapondry that has been modified, and core weapondry would not be common pool anymore.

ground vehicles would be like VS vehicles, as in they hover, except individual, and sharper, in their own way.

Something along those lines.

This would be especially good if fodderside increases the playerbase, that way other empire populations wont suffer as much.

What are your ideas/critisizms about a fourth empire? I need something before I draw up some concepts and post it in development disco/ps disco on the official site.
Old 2006-02-21, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Cool ideas!

I have no thoughts one way or another - but they'd probably never put in a 4th empire. If anything they'd remove one of the 3 now hehe.

Petition to remove the VS!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2006-02-21, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I posted this idea a long time ago, but would like to bring it up again. I know of others having a similar idea, but this one is mine.

The Terrans, years later, reopen the wormhole and return to Auraxis with their updated technology. With the Auraxis TR having been cut-off so long, they are abondoned as seperatists and cast out of the empire. The current TR become a new rogue state (with their current equipment) and the new TR are the fourth Empire on Auraxis as they attempt to regain control of it's resources. But that's just my idea.

__________________________________________________ ________
The return of the Republic.

Recognizing the valuable resources the planet of Auraxis had to offer, the Terran Republic immediately began research to reopen the wormhole after it closed. After ten years, they found success.

While a new expiditionary force was readied for The Republic to reclaim Auraxis. Terran leadership discussed what they may find on the other side and how to deal with it. Either everyone would be dead or there would be "Nanite Survivors". In the event of survivors, the Terran Expeditionary Force would need to quickly determine if they are hostile or receptive. Either way, it was decided that any survivors on Auraxis had been cut off from the Empire too long and were classified as Seperatists. All Seperatists were to be eliminated to secure Auraxis.

When the first ships from the TEF arrived on Auraxis, no one recognized them. In the 10 years since The Closure, The Republic had come a long way technologically. New spacecraft had been built, along with a new arsenal of weapons and vehicles. The initial discovery of Auraxis had stimulated the concept of encountering other lifeforms. The Republic, always vigilant of any threats to their peace, and always ready for threats to the republic, immediately stepped up research to upgrade their tools. If new life was to be found, The Republic wanted to be higher on the food chain.

Perhaps it was fortune, perhaps it was fate, but the TEF first landed in territory held by their loyal brethen. The Terran Seperatists quickly mobilized against this new threat and quickly flooded the area near the ship. As disciplined as always, every man anxiously sat on his trigger. Word quickly spread through the ranks that the ships bore the markings of The Republic and some of the soldiers began to feel emotions they hadn't felt in years. Seperatist commanders were already forming up their units for a Recieving Ceromony before the first comms were exchanged. Soon, the nearby base was on a skeleton crew as most of it's regiment was formed up for Parade. The air was filled with excitment and fear as the anxious Seperatists drifted further into memories of things so distant and forgotten. A couple of the officers actually had smiles on their faces as they attentively stood, lined abreast, in front of their unit. Then there was single "clank" from one of the bay doors on a TEF ship and everything fell silent. Hell, even the birds were still, as if the lock on the door had sucked all of the sound from the valley, save for some heartbeats and shallow breaths. The next few minutes were pure confusion and awe, as TEF armor and MAXes deployed from their transports and formed up in front of them. These were their brothers, but their technology was sleek and new and used the black and green color scheme usually reserved for Special Ops. units. Everything felt like a dream.

The Seperatist commanders had just raised their hands to salute when the first shots rang out. Many seperatists died still smiling, unable to understand what was happening. Some dismissed the thunder as part of the ceromony. A few survivors managed to get away and return to base, only to find that TEF infiltrators had already uploaded their data.

The TEF forces managed to gain control of three bases before Seperatist commanders could even respond. The first offensive action against the TEF by the Seperatists was a galaxy drop on Ogma Tower. With most of their forces on the front, the tower was only moderately guarded. The TEF guards had picked up the Galaxy on approach and were even prepared for the assault, but nothing could prepare them for what happened. From the moment the door opened it was pure chaos. The Seperatists errupted into the tower with blinding speed and were seemingly everywhere as their chainguns blazed in a swirling blur. They were in and amongst the defenders faster than they could track them. Most of the Seperatist drop squad was into the respawn area in mere seconds as others above quickly coded the tower for Seperatist control. They had done it thousands of times in the last ten years and the tactic was refined to a science. The air was heavy of sulphur and the floor was littered casings. The drop squad began gearing up for an assault on the base as more Seperatists began to spawn in. One soldier climbed the stairs out of the respawn area and paused before stepping over the body of a TEF guard. He spat on his corpse and mumbled under his breath, "Loyalty until death" before heading out the door.

__________________________________________________ _____

Of course anything could be done, but I'd make the TR form Terra have more advanced weaponry than the NC and TR (Auraxis), but not as advanced as the VS. I also considered the problem of the wormhole and thought that maybe it was reopened but was currently only one way. The new TR's mission is to secure Auraxis and hold it until Terra can get the wormhole functioning both ways.

Colors: Orange and Green.

Just my ideas.

http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...cending&page=1

www.planetside-devildogs.com

Last edited by Ghryphen; 2006-02-21 at 05:29 PM. Reason: merged posts
Old 2006-02-21, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma
i concur
Old 2006-02-21, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

The new TR would still use ballistic weaponry, but higher tech. Like comparing the current TR as WWII era and the new TR being modern arms 21st century.

Old 2006-02-21, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

With a 4th empire, pop locks would need to be lowered to arround 83ish per empire.
Old 2006-02-21, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Boomer
First Sergeant

Well evilpig, just because its been posted as your idea doesn't mean you can claim it as your own. EDIT: Ok, I reread. You didn't say that. I was wrong. Good concept : )

But anyway, I'll be working up some sketches of what I'm thinking of. I like the idea of New People coming back, that seems much more realistic than a bunch of fraggles forming another empire : P

Anyway, These will probably take a while, for I have a life, and life is a bitch.

Last edited by Boomer; 2006-02-21 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2006-02-22, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Boomer
Well evilpig, just because its been posted as your idea doesn't mean you can claim it as your own. EDIT: Ok, I reread. You didn't say that. I was wrong. Good concept : )

But anyway, I'll be working up some sketches of what I'm thinking of. I like the idea of New People coming back, that seems much more realistic than a bunch of fraggles forming another empire : P

Anyway, These will probably take a while, for I have a life, and life is a bitch.

What are you talking about? That idea is 100% mine.

Old 2006-02-22, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Just as much as it is 100% your own idea as well Boomer.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2006-02-22, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Boomer
First Sergeant

I know, I corrected myself. I think?

I recognized the storyline as yours. And you came up with the idea of a fourth empire before me.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I'm making up sketches now. Hopefully this will get some good feedback.
Old 2006-02-22, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yes you did correct your post - but people usually ignore corrections when it involves drama

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2006-02-22, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

I think the plan was always to have the "alien" Vanu to be the fourth controlled entirely by some form of AI, although SOEs faith in Everquest inevitably overshadowed all other concerns.

Not that I'm trying to put anyone off, but until they decide to restore a full Art Team for tha game, I doubt we will ever see a fourth empire; at least not unless they decide to make a sequel.

Old 2006-02-22, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Boomer
First Sergeant

still fun to think up. I've got a good idea of what I want my guys to look like, and i'm also getting the picture of what Evilpigs guys will look like.
Old 2006-02-22, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Cool ideas!

I have no thoughts one way or another - but they'd probably never put in a 4th empire. If anything they'd remove one of the 3 now hehe.

Your a dead man hamma!

Last edited by Ait'al; 2006-02-22 at 09:18 AM.
Old 2006-02-27, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Yes you did correct your post - but people usually ignore corrections when it involves drama
Pretty pathetic that the only drama I see is a moderator trying to generate some.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion