PSU - Post NDA - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just add water
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2003-04-21, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Exclamation PSU - Post NDA

Now that the NDA has been lifted (I sound like a broken record today) We have been working in the background updating content, and working on some new features and new admin backend we are planning on putting into play in early May. Most of this will be transparent to you, the users, but not all of it The AGN is also high on our priority list, once we get our new server next week sometime.

This leads me to the point of this thread, what would you like to see here at PSU? What new features would you like to see in place now?

As always, it�s the community that keeps PSU where it is today. We want to continue expanding and offering more services to you.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-04-21, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
thelastzero
Private

Call me a noobie, well thats what I am as I jsut signed up today but whats NDA?
Old 2003-04-21, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rogue
Corporal

Non-Disclosure Agreement, it kept the beat testers from telling about features and bugs in the game. A lot of Beta tests have them in place to keep what the devolpers want to keep a secret.

It was recently lifted (as is obvious by Hamma's post, so I have no idea why I'm saying that).
Old 2003-04-21, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Trance
Private

Some movies would be most welcome!

It would also be nice to see what changes the latest patch has incorporated. If the guys at Sony don't already have those posted of course.
Old 2003-04-21, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Delirare
Sergeant

m00bies are bandwidth slayers. I'm all for giving out redirects like outfitname.planetside-universe.com to the poor bastards who are stuck with outfit url's like http://usetactics.latinoheat.org/ for their outfit website! Redirects not hosting. be an uber thing to do for the community Also how about something like a beta journal site for people on the forums to post their experiances with screenshots in a nice layout or something

just suggestions 0.o
Old 2003-04-21, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Chanfan
Staff Sergeant

War updates from the field, perhaps?

Summarys of changes to specific items over time might be nice.

Tips and tricks for better play.

Walk through on maximising you beginning BEP training in the most efficient manner.
Old 2003-04-21, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
simba
Major

suggestions? Well I would like more movies made by the PSU ppl.
Also from malvision .
And some more info about the vehicles/weapons/armour, how fast the armours and vehicles go, how fast vehicles accelerate and some more stuff about vehicles.
The PSU community has grown and is wot I think has the best and kindest people ive seen.
Good luck in the future hamma and the rest of the PSU staff!

PSU: where everybody knows ur name.....
Old 2003-04-21, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
EarlyDawn
Major General

I'd like to hear discriptions of planetary events over AGN. Tactical reports, first-hand accounts of major battles, and skewed viewpoints on who's winning from biased sources.
Old 2003-04-21, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

Some of what has been mentioned is already in the works. Stay tuned! =)
Old 2003-04-21, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sputty
Banned

Live, in fight, AGN broadcasts of certain battles from mutliple people on different sides and in different vehicles/areas of the battle. Basically, be war correspondants
Old 2003-04-21, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

yeah I think the AGN will be awesome for drawing some of the attention off Cyssor hopefully. Some reporting of Ceryshen, might convince some people to go visit more interesting locales

Other things that would be cool at release would be forums for individual servers perhaps. Also, once the stat tracking starts, if they do it anything like DAOC all that juicy info can get ported to PSU which would be nice.
Old 2003-04-21, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

My suggestion: More AGN!!!! You could also give stats for each weapon like: Damage with each ammo type. I can't think of anything else that could make PSU better. (Except for forcing eMa to come back)

I haven't seen Marsman much lately.
Old 2003-04-21, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Tevalyn
Private

War Story Forum!!!!!

How about a War Story Forum. more vids and screenshots would be great too
Old 2003-04-21, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Cyanide
Major

I would like to see each person able to upload a small amount of screenshots to the site (like maybe 128 - 256k per forum member, whatever you can give cause i don't know what kinda hosting package you have) so they don't have to find a host. This would definately make it easier to post screens.

Or you could do it by individual posts instead. I'm pretty sure vBulletin has a feature that will allow the user to attatch an image to a post and then display that image in the post. Check out www.blizzforums.com to see what i mean.
Old 2003-04-21, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
powdahound
Contributor
PSU Staff
Code Hound

Wouldn't you all enjoy a Picture of the Day too?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion