Empire specfic sniper rifles? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why are you ignoring me?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-10, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Empire specfic sniper rifles?

I was thinking about the bolt driver to be replaced with empire specfic sniper rifles any ideas for each empire?

heres mine:
TR: fires faster and has a lot of ammo
NC: has a good punch to each shot.
VS: fires the Laser and instanly goes to target but doesnt have much punch that the NC would have

Tell me your ideas thx

Old 2003-06-10, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

okay, the terrans would be a sniper-chaingun thats ownes from all distances and the NC would have a bolt driver (stays the same) and the VS would have a laser shooting one that when comes on contact burns like hell
Old 2003-06-10, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Don't forget the VS one would also light up when fired so a nice halo of light would surround the sniper after firing.

On a more serious note, the VS shot should do more vs armor than most sniper shots as well.
Old 2003-06-10, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Searo
Second Lieutenant

NC: MAG-Sniper, kills Reinforced in one hit, 1-shot clip, loooong reload time, (6-8 seconds)
TR: Chaindriver, kills nothing in one hit, has a 20 bullet clip, fires rather slow, long range
VS: Warper, kills Standard one hit, instant shot "warps" plasma into the target, 2-shots, CoF contracts quickly, reload time of 5-7 seconds.
Old 2003-06-10, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Some of these sniper rifles seem a little to powerful
e.g. VS
Old 2003-06-10, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
JakeLogan
Major

to true these rifles do sound to powerful I think they should set up like this NC basic bolt driver except with a 5 round clip major kick back due to its fire power though. TR 10 shot clip with weaker bullets. still has some kick back just not as bad as the NC boltdriver. VS basic laser sniper rifle long distance low kick back should have its problems though not sure what maybe power shortages?
Old 2003-06-10, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
beavis88
Sergeant

IMHO, the bolt driver is the last thing we should suggest messing with. Besides, the more empire-specific shit that goes in the game, the more assclowns we'll have whining about it.
Old 2003-06-10, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
r3d
Banned

Simple solution to the snipers

NC: Shotgun sniper, shoots 5-7 bullets that wont hit anything(e.g. jackhamme)

TR: Chainsaw sniper: Shoots chainsaws, homing 1 hit kill anti air/anti armor/ap/normal/instant/plasmaburn/jammer/mine sweeper/shotgun blast with 99999 bullets/goes through walls/team friendly/BR and CR rank goes down if hit/infinte range/causes game to crash if hit/ steal your account/takes over all hostile facitlies on the continent used/ unlocks closed warpgates/heals teamates/ gives BR and CR to teamates/infinte ammo/causes TR to win for the days stats/one kill counts as 1000.

VS: Beamer with a sniper scope.

EDIT:Added more to TR

Last edited by r3d; 2003-06-10 at 11:46 AM.
Old 2003-06-10, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
�io
Lieutenant General

1 hit kill on reinforced =

That would just create to many lamers who take sniping to be l33t fr4x0rz and pwnz j00!
Old 2003-06-10, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
MilitantB0B
Colonel

IMHO, the bolt driver is one of the only things in the game that is almost perfectly balanced. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
Old 2003-06-10, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I agree that there's absolutely zero reason to go empire specific with the sniper rifle. All of these suggestions do nothing but make sure NC has the best gun. TR shoots tons of bullets, VS shoots an energy beam? Is there any way that the gun can also unfold into a giant billboard with a sign that says "Have your reavers shoot their missiles here" with a giant arrow pointing down at the shooter? That's pretty much what those two suggestions are anyhow.
The bolt driver should remain as it is, I actually just got the cert last night for the first time and had an absolute blast. There's a lot more thinking to it than I'd given it credit for and if you take your time and think it through you can get many kills without revealing your location. I'd hate for that to go away for the sake of being empire specific.
Old 2003-06-10, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Seer
Major

For the NC, two words: sniper shotgun!
Old 2003-06-10, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

If this was taken seriously, this is my Ms. Cleo immitation of her telling the future of Planetside...

TR: Chaingun Sniper Rifle (codename: Firestorm)
--- Fires at a very fast rate, is very accurate up until very long range. Needs to be crouched to be very accurate, but would maintain a good amount of accuracy when running around and jumping because we are the TR.

NC: Shotgun Sniper Rifle (codename: Hailstorm)
--- Shoots like a sniper shotgun. Pellets would stay within the CoF (not go outside like the other shotguns) and thus the CoF would be a bit larger than the other SRs. It's accuracy would be better when crouched, and marginally worse when running around. It would mainly be for short - medium longish distances.

VS: Energy Sniper Rifle (codename: Nova)
--- Expels energy orbs that move at Comet MAX speed. Damage would be decent at medium to short range, but would fall off significantly at longer ranges. Would be super accurate if crouched, but would mess the CoF to hell if moving the mouse or character at all. It would also leave a very bright trail behind the orbs so you can see where the person is.

Last edited by Zarparchior; 2003-06-10 at 02:49 PM.
Old 2003-06-10, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
NightWalker XI
Colonel

If anything that is common pool at the moment gets some empire specific stuff I say it should be aircraft
Old 2003-06-10, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I agree. We need some overpowered TR aircraft, semi-balanced NC aircraft, and gimped VS aircraft.

I like my VS sniper rifle. It catches the spirit of the Vanu.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion