PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Light Air Cav Transport
Thread: Gameplay: Light Air Cav Transport
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-01, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Light Air Cav Transport

I've always been a fan of a smaller transport. In late PS I played a bit with the Phantasm and I have to say it was a lot of fun, though I think cloaking was probably a bit much. If some of the highly organized outfits like the Enclave had those in early PS we would have seen just how broken it is to stealthfully deploy infantry quickly. But I digress...

I think a medium transport is good. However, I disagree with the Armament. If it had front guns it would just be a ghetto mosquito and not used for its intended purpose. You could put side guns much like blackhawks from the Battlefield games. That could be OK, but again I think it would draw it away from its intended purpose of light fast transport aircraft and people would use it as a gunship instead. Keep it simple, keep it good for its purpose.

I like it to be roughly half the capacity of a gal with roughly 1/4 or 1/3 the survivability. So basically the Galaxy is your guaranteed delivery system for hot zones, while the light air cav is your more rapid deploy to the front lines like the air cav of Vietnam.

If you think BF2142 that's pretty much where I'm headed with this.

Its' good for pacing to have rapid transit from spawn points to the front lines. If they have the support XP worked out well like in PS1 pilots could get rewarded for that.