News: Higby tweets Mosquito Picture - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stealing your sigs since 2002.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-10-26, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Higby tweets Mosquito Picture

Originally Posted by Kalyper View Post
Wait until you see the finished facility and oh yeah, the Bio Lab is Awesome-O!
Is that because you play NC and the gen is ontop for easy access? o.O
Old 2011-10-26, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Join the PlanetSide Steam Group!
Old 2011-10-26, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Traak
Colonel

Conjecture or verified thus far:
Structures:

One Amp Station
-Looks like the walkways on the walls and catwalks are covered, or they are open, with "murder holes", those slots you can see through to the ground
-"street lights" protruding from base wall
- possible search lights/area illumination inside base in various places, those pale turquoise rectangles that are too small to do much else
-notable that the stairs come to a flat roof, they don't end in a door that provides a target for ground-based forces to spam from afar
-nine corner strongholds on the base wall
-note streaks in the haze from something off to the right that must be mighty tall indeed casting a shadow through said haze
-size

Two Air Towers:
One taking up bottom left corner
One on hill top center, past the central structure of the Amp Station roof

10 generic rectangular buldings inside and outside base with walls around their stairs that are on opposing corners of the roof, giving access from outside to inside via roof, and vice versa, some of which have truncated corners to make them six-sided.

Mosquitoes:

Dorsal fin/flap/cape thing
-T-tail bottom that may be part of what it lands on, making this need a very large patch of ground to land on compared to the other Mossie, if it is VTOL.
-Hardpoints on wings loaded, it seems, with rockets/missiles, leading me to wonder if the TR will even have a Reaver, or if its TR: Mosquito, NC: Reaver, VS: Some name other than Dyson, please.

Vanguard tanks
-off-center main gun (off-turret-center, not necessarily off-vehicle-center)

ATV's

Some kind of more-vertical-than-horizontal things, perhaps the Switchblade? dotting the landscape

Galaxies. Will anyone else have Galaxies? Or will each empire have its own drop-ship?

Last edited by Traak; 2011-10-26 at 08:39 PM.
Old 2011-10-26, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
MgFalcon
Captain

So after seeing this pic all I can think is.. "WHY AREN'T THERE ANY BETA INVITES YET?!?"

Seriously... get me in on this!
Old 2011-10-26, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
So after seeing this pic all I can think is.. "WHY AREN'T THERE ANY BETA INVITES YET?!?"

Seriously... get me in on this!
Look closer at the amp station. Look at the model. Do you see something odd about it? Or the buildings? Nothing hit you as "we still have a ways to go"?
Old 2011-10-26, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
MgFalcon
Captain

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Look closer at the amp station. Look at the model. Do you see something odd about it? Or the buildings? Nothing hit you as "we still have a ways to go"?
NO! Everything looks fine! lol Nothing without texture is completely fine to send into Beta testing! haha
Old 2011-10-26, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Higby already said it's only 50% textures.

And the game doesn't need full textures for beta testing, you know. They're pretty damn far along.
Old 2011-10-26, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
nathanebht
Sergeant

The Amp station is massive. How long would it take to clear it of an opposing side?

2 air stations outside
8 large towers on the wall
12 low buildings inside the walls. Several outside.
the Amp station itself

Hours and hours if the attackers have somewhat bigger numbers than the defenders.
Old 2011-10-26, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
Conjecture or verified thus far:
Structures:

One Amp Station
-Looks like the walkways on the walls and catwalks are covered, or they are open, with "murder holes", those slots you can see through to the ground
-"street lights" protruding from base wall
- possible search lights/area illumination inside base in various places, those pale turquoise rectangles that are too small to do much else
-notable that the stairs come to a flat roof, they don't end in a door that provides a target for ground-based forces to spam from afar
-nine corner strongholds on the base wall
-note streaks in the haze from something off to the right that must be mighty tall indeed casting a shadow through said haze
-size

Two Air Towers:
One taking up bottom left corner
One on hill top center, past the central structure of the Amp Station roof

10 generic rectangular buldings inside and outside base with walls around their stairs that are on opposing corners of the roof, giving access from outside to inside via roof, and vice versa, some of which have truncated corners to make them six-sided.

Mosquitoes:

Dorsal fin/flap/cape thing
-T-tail bottom that may be part of what it lands on, making this need a very large patch of ground to land on compared to the other Mossie, if it is VTOL.
-Hardpoints on wings loaded, it seems, with rockets/missiles, leading me to wonder if the TR will even have a Reaver, or if its TR: Mosquito, NC: Reaver, VS: Some name other than Dyson, please.

Vanguard tanks
-off-center main gun (off-turret-center, not necessarily off-vehicle-center)

ATV's

Some kind of more-vertical-than-horizontal things, perhaps the Switchblade? dotting the landscape

Galaxies. Will anyone else have Galaxies? Or will each empire have its own drop-ship?
Dyson = Scythe
Reaver Belongs to NC now TR has customisable Moz

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2011-10-26, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Graywolves
General

If you didn't know that was an amp station at first site then I question your Auraxian veterancy!

Don't care much about the mozzy, doesn't look nice to me. I was all over dat base, dem vehicles, and dat scenary though.
Old 2011-10-26, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
duck
Sergeant

I don't usually post stuff because I've been so busy but have to leave a quick comment. The actual gameplay screenshot looks really amazing. It has that same "Planetside" feel that I expected from this new game. Graphics look really good and I can't wait to see the final renderings. PS2 looks like it will be a really awesome and fun game, let's hope for the best.

Game is getting closer and closer to beta, I can feel it
Old 2011-10-27, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
That one noob
Sergeant

Ah, that sunset! Those graphics!
How the hell will I still be able to run this on my old laptop now?
Old 2011-10-27, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

3rd person reticle? Don't know how I feel about that.

The massive image with dat base is good stuff. Looking at the back of the mossie and seeing that grey area that looks like something should go there. The two things it makes me think of are attachments and mid-air refueling. I really hope it's mid-air refueling (but I know it isn't.)

The whole thing looks cock of the walk and it shows why tanks are now 1 man vehicles. With that much terrain you want the population to be able field enough tanks to fill it up.

Look at the catwalk, it has a blue glow under it. Seems that the courtyard is being cut into smaller sections through additional shields. That only makes sense if the shields have limited health and can be blown through. Very cool.

That fly through tunnel looks awesome, hope you actually can fly through it for reload and that the little blue screens turn red when the gen goes down.

With a base this size there should be NO problem with having artillery in the game.
Old 2011-10-27, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Screw the analysis few seconds ago before i clicked this one I was thinking that BF3 was impressive.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2011-10-27, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Levente
First Sergeant

with these untextured buildings still looks better then frostbite 2, actually it destroys it. i love how everything is so dynamic, the lights the atmosphere. this is HOW ITS DONE
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion