News: Veteran Contest and Video - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Lookout! The Vanu are throwing their handbags at us!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-10, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Veteran Contest and Video

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...video-2841.htm
Old 2012-08-10, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
stordito
Staff Sergeant

Re: Veteran Contest and Video

i lol's at the red army speech...
but ehy, it's a cool trailer, it could benefit from more pathos though.
Looking forward to see what western vets will come up with...
Old 2012-08-10, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

It is difficult to explain the comradery and friendships that have been formed in Planetside. I have many friends who I have had the pleasure of meeting in real life and many who I have only spoke to on voip, but the bonds are real. Even your opponents become dear to you.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-08-10, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jennyboo
Mrs. Hamma

Really cool video
Old 2012-08-10, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Kitsune
Sergeant

Awesome video. Love seeing other cultures become passionate about games made in America, feels like we did something right ^_^

But seriously, I liked the vid, the guys seemed pretty serious about their dedication to the game. After watching that, I would sit back and look at the game as a whole and ask myself, "How can we give them the perfect game they have waited 8 years for?" I'd feel like a jerk if I ever made a squeal to a game that people were so passionate about and made it very "meh".
Old 2012-08-10, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Reizod
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Time to dust of the HD camera and get my script going. I'm very excited to hear other stories as well.
Old 2012-08-10, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
getembees
Private

My first time playing PS1, I spawned in the Sanctuary and loaded up into a liberator bomber as the bombardier. It was so cool that I just popped into the MMO and found some players to roll with. I was told in chat that we were going to some enemy base. Took 5 or 10 mins to get to the action, I practiced my aim on the way. Never had seen scenery on such a scale as PS1 [was almost as impressed when I rebooted for the free month in July. Forgot how big the continents were!].

Well, we got to the enemy base, which I had spotted on the map. Big battle going on. He lined up and I dropped my bombs. Little did I know that my team had already taken control of the courtyard. I heard the teamkill alarm and realized I had just bombed my own team. A dozen or so teammates must have gone down that moment. Epic. Fail. On a scale only planetside could produce!

Planetside is a game that will teach you way more about situational awareness than any BF or COD title.
Old 2012-08-10, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
stargazer093
Sergeant

ahhhh...reminds me the time I spent in a Vanny with my dad, drove around, soo much fun, then blaming each others after been blown up
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-11, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

The first time I saw the video, I got all teary-eyed. It reminded me of the bonds of community I built up in SWG. Some of those strangers from 9 years ago are /still/ my friends. We've supported each other through relationships (the good and the bad), attended each other's weddings...gah. Just...you folks get it. You totally do. This is what I love about this community. The bonds you have made.

Sure, I totes suck at this game and will get my ass handed to me...repeatedly...forever. The camaraderie and community will keep me playing, no matter how bad I play.

Also, I look forward to your videos. You don't need anything fancy. Get someone to film you on a mobile phone if that is all you have. Record yourself talking on a webcam. Try to make me cry.
Old 2012-08-11, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

Looking forward to the videos as well!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-13, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

So far, we only have ONE valid submission. We've had to disqualify many because they didn't follow the guidelines (language or they submitted fan trailers). I know someone here can throw together an amazing video, right?
Old 2012-08-13, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Graywolves
General

What's the deadline for this?
Old 2012-08-13, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Danicia View Post
So far, we only have ONE valid submission. We've had to disqualify many because they didn't follow the guidelines (language or they submitted fan trailers). I know someone here can throw together an amazing video, right?

No suprise.

A few things:
You ask for 30 secs of video? There is NO WAY to fit something meaningful into 30 secs. I tried, and failed hard. Its just not possible.

And then, more important, the prizes. A Ticket for SOE Live? really? Whats the point if you gotta travel on your own?

Put Some Station Cash down as prizes and you will be flooded in vids.
Old 2012-08-13, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

I'll edit a video for someone? I ain't a PS1 vet.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-13, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

Originally Posted by basti View Post
No suprise.

A few things:
You ask for 30 secs of video? There is NO WAY to fit something meaningful into 30 secs. I tried, and failed hard. Its just not possible.

And then, more important, the prizes. A Ticket for SOE Live? really? Whats the point if you gotta travel on your own?

Put Some Station Cash down as prizes and you will be flooded in vids.
We have had a lot of entries that are 30 seconds or less. But due to language or inappropriate content, they were disqualified.

Yes, the winner will get 2 SOE Live passes. That's a pretty decent value for a party/convention even if you have to find your way there yourself.

I'm hoping we'll have winners who want the /other/ prizes, too.

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
What's the deadline for this?
August 24, 2012 at 11am Pacific time.

Just got a fantastic entry. Can't use it tho; you're supposed to film yourself talking about your experience. Not submit a video of the game with a story. :/
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion