Which SmedBlog idea do you want to see first? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We can, we have, we will.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-12, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

Which SmedBlog idea do you want to see first?

With all these ideas thrown out by Smedley's blog, what would you want to see implemented first? I'm taking out more weapons/vehicles because those will always be in updates.

Pick what you want to see first and if you want list them in order below.

Edit: Polls are still turned off. Ah well, just list what you want to see first.
Old 2012-08-12, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gugabalog
Major

Re: Which SmedBlog idea do you want to see first?

Why were polls off?
Old 2012-08-12, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ranik Ortega
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by PoisonTaco View Post
With all these ideas thrown out by Smedley's blog, what would you want to see implemented first? I'm taking out more weapons/vehicles because those will always be in updates.

Pick what you want to see first and if you want list them in order below.

Edit: Polls are still turned off. Ah well, just list what you want to see first.
These ideas :

1) Player Owned bases - we plan on releasing continents that are empty or partially empty where players can build their own bases. These are open world bases so others will be able to attack them. We're also planning on having these continents heavily resource based with new resource types that will be very rare..and lots of cool new stuff that can be built out of these new resources.

2) Harvestable resources - imagine SC II style resource harvesting with physical vehicles doing the mining or the harvesting.

3) Water between continents - seamlessly - this is really hard tech, but our goal is to make the whole planet seamless and allow water based vehicles.

4) Lots more vehicles and weapons - just what it sounds like. Many of these will take very rare resources to make.

5) NPC enemies - I don't want to call this PVE. That's not exactly what we have in mind. More like a global invasion that goes after everybody. This isn't a bunch of quest givers saying "go kill 10 rats" - this is bad ass aliens that want to gut you.

6) NPC armies - imagine as the commander of a base sending an NPC army towards another base MOBA style except it's in the middle of the Planetside 2. This isn't another game mode. It's all part of the same game.

7) Esports support - we plan on doing this pretty soon after launch. We plan on making this a big big thing and putting a lot of our resources behind it.

8) Weather

9) Mac version (soon after launch).
I'm ok with everything but the NPC's enemies and the E-Sports. I very much like the idea of manually harvesting resources (if done right), player owned bases are something i've wanted for years. And the ability to create little NPC armies to throw against the enemy might be cool

Last edited by Ranik Ortega; 2012-08-12 at 01:50 PM.
Old 2012-08-12, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Gugabalog View Post
Why were polls off?
People were making polls left and right is why. Almost every thread before removing polls had a poll.

To OP PM Hamma and ask him to put in a Poll if you really want one.
Old 2012-08-12, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
fvdham
Staff Sergeant

None of the above.
Let players make a top ten.
With for example vehicle entry/exit anims.
Old 2012-08-12, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Seamless world, and Harvesters.

The others wouldn't have a severe impact on the battle so they are meh.

I don't like the idea of player created bases at all. If they wanted to do that they should have started with blank continents and let us build destroyable bases where we want. SWG was the only game where I saw player/guild housing done right. Every other game set an entire instance to one side for it which doesn't sit well with me.
Old 2012-08-12, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Symmenix
Sergeant

Manually driving a SCV-Styled vehicle would be pretty cool..
Old 2012-08-12, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Serir
Private

Would like to see the seamless continents idea first, plus ships.

I like the idea of one large hex grid instead of three separate ones. Don't know how it will affect continent/server player caps though, and warpgate respawn areas vs possible sanctuaries outside the main hex grid.

Am also fine with it only being seamless with nothing between other than water and player controlled ships moving from one continent to another if that is all they have planned.
Old 2012-08-12, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Kyros
Corporal

Water and Weather. The rest are unecessary and in some cases, simply ludacris. Weather is awesome no matter what game you're playing. Water is needed both in and around continents[So we VS can dominate with our hover tanks ;D]
Old 2012-08-12, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Syphus
Staff Sergeant

Of course navies and Seamless continents are what I've wanted from day 1 in 2003.

But, if we get navies, we need torpedo bombers and we need big ships, with a whole squad manning it (or even bigger, outfit battleships?)

But I'm also a fan of empty continents where outfits can build. And weather.

Last edited by Syphus; 2012-08-12 at 02:10 PM.
Old 2012-08-12, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
super pretendo
First Sergeant

Resource harvesting NPCs
Old 2012-08-12, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Drakkonan
Corporal

Seamless Continents / Water.

However, since that's quite ambitious and would take a while, weather would be nice in the meantime.
Old 2012-08-12, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Whitetragedy
Private

Lol weather, makes me wonder if they'll make hail the size of mini vans, raining down destruction on everyone.
Old 2012-08-12, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Harvestable resources definately sound awesome, as someone willing to drive an ANT (mobile fuel-truck in PS1), I don't think making them player-driven would be ideal.

#Taking Inspiration# From the RTS (Starcraft 2 MULE/SCV, Dawn of War Listening posts)/firefall ("Thumper" mining rig), or better yet EVE Online (mining fleets need protection lest another "corperation"/outfit/guild wipe it out before you get the harvested minerals home and safe.) idea of random resource spots around a map and calling in an AI farmer robot to harvest then run back to base would be awesome. An option to have a player take over the harvesting/driving stage could be a cert/sqad leader permission restricted thing? That would make an interesting rabibt/CTR (capture the resource) event to enhance map diversity.

player owned bases were something many players have wanted for a #long# time.

More deployables are something I like want to see, yes the full engineer list is not in yet but imagine an open-area squad/platoon leader call-in for sandbag/entrenchment (high enough for cover, low enough not to worry a tanks ability to plow through), minefields (call down a spread of 8-12 mines in a circular area), maybe even a squad-only respawn beacon (fragile but less conspicuous than a galaxy, mini-warpgate in shape?).
Charge resources, put a long re-use timer on the powerful stuff (15-60 minute re-use on spawn beacons and minefields, while limiting it to leaders of a squad of minimum active-player size 4-5).

More than anything I would still beg/kill/threaten for BF2142 titan style airships/zeplins to be introduced, limit them in number and size, make them pilotable only though a basic continent-map interface (face zzz direction move towards yyy) and most importantly give them mostly defensive weaponry (IMO this is an airborne respawn/rally and (possibly) production? facility not a battleship). Give it a big shield within friendly territories, slow speed, permenant elevation setting and some basic point defence weaponry (Flak AA, maybe a couple of downsized base turrets to persuade tanks to stop hiding underneath) then see how players use them.

Sky Islands!!! path them across continents, make them accessibe by aircraft (even if it means boosting the flight ceiling) and specially converted drop-pods, then put some resources/benefits to make them worth fighting over.

Basically i'm up for an increase in gameplay options, cosmetic and environmental stuff is not something i consider important in the short term.

Last edited by IMMentat; 2012-08-12 at 02:52 PM.
Old 2012-08-12, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
AThreatToYou
Major

NPCs, so we can just fucking get it over with.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion