Weapons - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Keep honking while I reload.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-01-29, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Notso
Private

Weapons

Not sure if this has been brought up, but does anyone know if there will be looting of weapons/ammo as there was in PS1. If there is, will anyone be able to use the weapon he/she loots or for instance say I have a upgrade on a weapon that another player does not have. If they pick up my weapon will they be able to use that weapon with the upgrade or will the upgrade be nullified since they have not spent the resources to buy it.
Old 2012-01-29, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Weapons

I think that was their reason for not allowing looting. They didn't want to have to deal with upgrades and such. It's the same reason we can't hack vehicles or give people driver of our vehicles I believe since you'd end up having people pulling items/vehicles then just handing them off to people that haven't spent the time to train for that mod.

Regarding looting ammo they haven't said. I hope so.
Old 2012-01-29, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Magpie
Sergeant Major

There's a pic with a TR with a NC gun so I don't no
Old 2012-01-29, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DayOne
Captain

I think this would be okay if they took out the locker function. Or there are lockers but they have just lots of different ammo types in them, no weapons. So you can refill your ammo if the gen is out.
Old 2012-01-29, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
There's a pic with a TR with a NC gun so I don't no
Where did you see that?

As for vehicle jacking i thought they had changed direction on that.
Old 2012-01-29, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Where did you see that?

As for vehicle jack i thought they had changed direction on that.
There's a picture somewhere of a TR holding a guass. It's one of the few I didn't save, I guess.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-01-29, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
There's a picture somewhere of a TR holding a guass. It's one of the few I didn't save, I guess.
That wasn't looted, we can spawn whatever weapons we want on whatever class we want using internal commands... it was either that or a loadout that was bugged because we were switching factions around for something.
Old 2012-01-29, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Gwartham
Corporal

I'm all for non wep looting as long as we have enough ways to resupply during prolonged firefights.
Old 2012-01-29, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
That wasn't looted, we can spawn whatever weapons we want on whatever class we want using internal commands... it was either that or a loadout that was bugged because we were switching factions around for something.
Thanks for the clarification Higby. So there you go no looting.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-01-29 at 02:40 PM.
Old 2012-01-29, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
And there was me, being happy for month's that we have weapon looting again, and now you just crush my happyness.

Still think it should be in. Whats the problem in just letting some random loot my weapon? He dies, and the thing is gone. Hes out of ammo, and the thing is useless.
Old 2012-01-29, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Loot "bags" people left when they died were a performance issue in really big battles, too, so there's that for a little extra incentive to not have looting.
Old 2012-01-29, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Loot "bags" people left when they died were a performance issue in really big battles, too, so there's that for a little extra incentive to not have looting.
Erm, thats why those bag dissapeared in bigger battles...
Old 2012-01-29, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

i was wondering about this too. there will be items within these bags that are of value.
seeing as you have to spend resources to get nades and other items. also was wondering about lockers.... have they said anything about them? if there is looting i would like a place to store my goodies.
Old 2012-01-29, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Considering we spawn in equipped for battle (last I heard,) I don't think needing a locker for a power outage is all that critical.

Looting is almost moot, with weapon customization. Sure, a cycler will never be a Gauss rifle, but one may yet get it close, we don't know for sure. Keeping ammo pick ups out of the game makes any alternative method they implement all the more important, such as keeping galaxies and sunderers on the front lines and easily accessible. They're like supply trucks in that regard. Don't think the Gauss rifle will fire the same caliber ammunition a cycler does this time around.
Old 2012-01-29, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Erm, thats why those bag dissapeared in bigger battles...
That's super. Anyway, loot "bags" people left when they died were a performance issue in really big battles, too, so there's that for a little extra incentive to not have looting.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion