Anyone else not sure who to be "Loyal" to? ... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Gods of war hate those who hesitate.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
demonicale
Sergeant

Anyone else not sure who to be "Loyal" to? ...

Am i the only one who is having a hard time in making his mind up on which of the 3 empires to follow?.

I played the original Planetside for years, and i played multiple empires and could never really find a home in one.

If i'm honest, if i was to look at the story i would go for the TR, as i consider them the "evil" empire over the other two.

So what is everyone else's take on this?, have you all made up your mind yet?, or is loyalty a non issue and you just want to play whatever empire.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Re: Anyone else not sure who to be "Loyal" to? ...

VS all the way baby you have to find your true calling in game then start with VS first though. I have never played the game but love VS way more already.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by demonicale View Post
or is loyalty a non issue and you just want to play whatever empire.
It is (and was in PS1s case) a non-issue for me. I'll play whichever empire I'm going to have most fun on and I enjoy having the ability to switch over to change up the pace a little bit. That being said, I swore off of NC in PS1 because most of the Chinese wound up there and command chat was full of twelve-year olds.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

This is a remake of the original. Try to play them all in the beta and stick with the faction that best compliments your play style. Me I am a loyal NC player so that will be the only faction for me.

Old 2012-06-10, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

I was going to go NC. I hav'nt played the first game though, so I really need to give all the factions a fair try and not immediately stick with one forever. ( I do like the NC though... But the Mosq is soo good at Air-to-Air! )
Old 2012-06-10, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Am i the only one who is having a hard time in making his mind up on which of the 3 empires to follow?.

I played the original Planetside for years, and i played multiple empires and could never really find a home in one.

If i'm honest, if i was to look at the story i would go for the TR, as i consider them the "evil" empire over the other two.

So what is everyone else's take on this?, have you all made up your mind yet?, or is loyalty a non issue and you just want to play whatever empire.
TR is not evil. But we are. Btw only TR is "loyal until death", that's our motto!

Try my quiz in New Player section maybe it helps you decide, anyway no matter what Empire you choose it will grow on you after you bleed a bit with others for colors of that Empire.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
asdar
Private

NC for me because I don't like the look of the Vanu and TR is the man.

Being older and having slower reflexes I also like the idea of hitting a bit harder so the other guy hops around like a frog a bit less.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

My heart aches for freedom! NC all the way, when I originally played I was young, but I loved using the phoenix, and I was a Reaver pilot so it didn't really matter.

I'll be sticking with the NC, imo they have the best looking armor etc, best military philosophy (Big guns big damage), and the best political philosophy, freedom and liberty and justice and awesomeness.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
ringring
Contributor
General

I pretty much always played TR. I have VS and NC characters on ps1 but even so they're only around br7/8 in rank.

I don't personally have any preference in regarding back story but I think I'll end up on TR again. I think most of my outfit want TR so wherever the outfit goes so will I.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
musefrog
Corporal

Yes, I was NC in PS1, but now that there's been a bit more backstory on how the NC started out as terrorists and are basically mercs who work for big corporates (and how the TR started out more fair and were forced into authoritarianism by circumstances), I feel more muddled. Plus, I always envied the TR's guns...

One thing confuses me though - you think the TR are evil so you want to play them? You mean you want to play the villains?

I find that approach very hard to understand - I'd expect someone (as long as they cared about the backstory at all) to pick a faction they sympathised with, and thought was in the right.

Mind you, I've never been able to play the "evil" choices in RPGs - but I understand that a lot of people feel a similar anathema for the "good" character arcs that I prefer...

Last edited by musefrog; 2012-06-10 at 09:30 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
therandomone
Sergeant

I can't say I played the first one but reading the lore and looking at weaponry my heart is set on my boys in purple. Also,want to talk about faction loyalty/rivalry? This game isn't even out or in beta even and its already causing divide between me and my friends. Hell, every time I see one of my best buddies we generally end up exchanging comments because he wants to play as NC
Old 2012-06-10, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ElectroEsper
Private

Still dont know who to give loyalty to ?
Well, do like I did, take the faction who have what you need,

You need a bigass tank of the doom, go NC

Need that Flying interceptor who cant be follow, go VS,

Choose like that if you have no clue.
Im NC cause one member of our platoon need that Bigass tank of them for our guerilla warfare(yes it can be use in guerilla ).

After that well, youll learn the lore and will end by loving your faction and being dead loyal to it like we are to the NC.

Last edited by ElectroEsper; 2012-06-10 at 09:57 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Yep. Made a thread about it too (I'm not saying this thread is unnecessary, by the way).

I happen to think the TR are the "good" faction, but I'm making my decision on aesthetics, as the strategy elements of PlanetSide are the same for every faction, and I can adapt to any of the factions' tactics.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Samuel L Jackson = a bad ass motherfucker
Mace Windu = Samuel L Jackson
Mace Windu's lightsaber = Purple
Vanu Sovereignty = Purple
Vanu Sovereignty player = a bad ass motherfucker

TECHNOLOGY EQUALS MIGHT!

Nothing pisses a person more off than being killed by a guy wearing purple
Old 2012-06-10, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Honestly, if you can't figure out what faction you really want to play (especially given the more in depth lore created for PS2), then just wait for the Beta and pick up a character for each Empire. Most people who started playing from PS1 actually didn't have a specific Empire in mind from a lore perspective, most people picked up their Empire by colors, weapons, tactics, friends, etc., etc. After that those folks developed their faction loyalties and really began to understand why they keep coming back to their colors. Myself, I started on VS way back when because all my friends said "Oh my! Magrider floats and strafes and has no declination?! Let's play that!". Now, my friends and I are all true VS loyalists just because that's what we got familiar with. Sure we all tried the different factions and they're fun and fine to break the familiarity with occasionally, but we found where we belong. Try it yourself and hang up your banner when you found out what you like.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion