Which faction attracts the more tactically thinking player? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: because we can
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-21, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Cufox
Private

Which faction attracts the more tactically thinking player?

I expect PS2 to bring a new generation of FPS players and it got me thinking of how to select my faction this time around. It seems wise to consider what faction appeals most to tactically thinking individuals. For PS long term vets, which faction seems to have the most rational thinking zerg, and which one has the most cooperative outfits?
Old 2012-06-21, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
super pretendo
First Sergeant

Re: Which faction attracts the more tactically thinking player?

I hear people saying NC is where the CoD-kid players go, but I couldn't tell you.
Old 2012-06-21, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by super pretendo View Post
I hear people saying NC is where the CoD-kid players go, but I couldn't tell you.
Ick! Someone else take them! Don't want don't want!

Seriously though, it's spread out. You're not going to find a "smarter faction".

There we some traits of each faction, but that was different for each server.

On my server, the VS had a trait of only jumping into fights between NC and TR, and basically waited for one side to get weak before jumping on it rather than fighting a 3 way war. They also found a way around continent locking during the event prior to BFRs and got theirs 2 weeks earlier. NC and TR had enough sense and patience to actually TEAM UP for these 2 weeks.

VS was cunning or cowardly, depending how you look at it, but the TR and NC had enough discipline to have 90% of the population fighting together. You literally had NC and TR soldiers shoulder to shoulder firing at the first VS BFRs.

It's too difficult to decide which "Faction" is the most tactical, they all have their perks, and everyone is spread out 33-33-33.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bags
Lieutenant General

I don't think any faction appeals more to the "Tactically thinking" player.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
xnorb
Sergeant

I hope there will not be any major differences between factions when it
comes to teamwork abilities.

With the same tools it's just a question of the players, and there's no way
to tell which faction this or that player will choose.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Coreldan
Colonel

yeah.. all factions have their share of tactical thinking players and the good share of killwhoring CoD-kids

While probably not from the most tactical extreme, I still emphasise it highly and it isnt/wasnt really a relevant question to me when choosing which faction to go, that I pretty much chose based on what I liked visually/ideologically.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-06-21, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Cufox
Private

I am not sure, it seems that each faction has a draws to peoples' personalities. I wonder if that draw can correlate into a more mature FPS approach. Certainly the COD children are a somewhat terrifying consideration. It seems that the faction that draws the more mature FPS player has a slight edge. Or at least the faction that follows directions better or whose casuals are stronger players.

I understand all the factions have great players/outfits/leaders. I just wonder if the skill level of the average casual player is higher based on faction.

Last edited by Cufox; 2012-06-21 at 03:12 AM.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ertwin
Staff Sergeant

Well the VS are likely to have a higher ratio of sci fi geeks....make of that what you will.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
AThreatToYou
Major

VS, in my experience, have always called and gotten more strategic and tactical players. Join them if you want more thinking in your shooting.

TR have been a mixed bag. We're the most diverse, yknow?

NC have always been full of the least tactical and strategic players. I'm not saying they don't have smart outfits, because they do, but the average NC player has always been the dumbest of the three. Probably because their weapons have a reputation of being easier to use.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2012-06-21 at 03:21 AM.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
xnorb
Sergeant

Never trust a pony

Join TR, the master race that doesn't wear gaysuits
Old 2012-06-21, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Stew
Major

Nc will certainly have the most Efficient but also the most team work focus empire !

And all this Cod crap is getting lame Stop to think everything is COD related and also their is some COD kids who can kick your ass and are great team players Personally i dont like cod franchise but i have few friends who played it and they are really good team workers and also really good FPS players

mY MOST RECENT EXPERIENCE In large sclae combats was MAg on ps3 and MAg is all about team work team coordination comunication and of course FPS skills !

So Nc will atact some good some bad players but i Think out of the 3 Vs will atrack the most idiotic people and lone wolfers due to the (( cool )) and vanity aspect of it

also i think TR will have some others bad players who want to spray and prey and also have a serious look with red and black color !

So yeah Nc will atract serious gamers who want to work as a unit

This trailers show the Nc spirit ! We figth for freedom for honnor we figth as many but we win as one !

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-21 at 03:21 AM.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
VanstK
Private

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
On my server, the VS had a trait of only jumping into fights between NC and TR, and basically waited for one side to get weak before jumping on it rather than fighting a 3 way war.
Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
VS, in my experience, have always called and gotten more strategic and tactical players. Join them if you want more thinking in your shooting.
That's because the VS were the Common Pool Empire for quite some time after release. At least on Konreid we kind of had to be sneaky bastards in order to win, since our weapons were such crap. Inferior weaponry meant we had to think before engaging, and that lead to things like butting into a TR-NC fight and sandwiching the loser. I'm almost looking forward to the same thing happening again.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
AThreatToYou
Major

So am I.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Azren
Sergeant Major

In the olden days the setup was simple:

TR - foot zerg empire
VS - "lasher über alles" empire
NC - "we got them' big tanks" empire

In the long run it changed though;

I saw the NC as being the most organised in the long run. When ever you pulled a tank there, you could be sure a lodestar wasn't far away. They put great emphasis on vehicle support. The story was less glorious onces inside bases. I don't remember being resurrected once.

The TR hardly ever used vehicles, they much preferred their minigun/rocket launcher combo. This is not to say it didn't work. It worked too damn well. In close combat fights they were the best and had the best support aswell. I remember locking down in my AI max at the end of the backdoor, having 2-3 engineers constantly repairing me and my fellow maxes beside me. Good times.

The VS on the other hand... well... They like to use their tanks, for good reason too. Getting support out for them is a different topic though, it was a common scene to see 6+ tanks rolling back to base to rearm, because nobody bothered to bring a loady. In base fights they rated between the other two empire in regards to support.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
AThreatToYou
Major

i imagine the VS didn't pull lodestars because they couldn't hold them, with mags being mags. Plus weren't mags the fastest? So it wasn't hard for them to get back to base and repair.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion