A question of resource - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will the staff get mad at reading all these cheesy quotes?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-08-22, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Re: A question of resource

I dont think a trade medium is necessary. But I heavily support a trading feature. I think that If an infantry needs alot of XYBIUM but only has ARSITE, he should be able to trade with a pilot that has XYBIUM and needs ARSITE

A trade medium would facilitate these trade, but it isn't really needed that much, again, it will attract goldsellers
Old 2011-08-25, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

I'm pretty sure that once an empire controls a node that empire now has it to use. I don't think resources are something your character gains and so there is no trading, its all shared
Old 2011-08-25, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I like both the trading and low caps ideas. Trading because if you fight on Searhus and get rock A but need B to upgrade your rifles you can trade A to pilots so they can mod as well. Low caps in addition to that both keeps the economy from spiraling out of control (give me 10,000A for 10B) and keeps everyone who is actually using their resources lean and hungry.

Both ideas combined will drive community interaction and goal oriented pvp. It's not about turning PS2 into WoW, it's about keeping PS2 from being yet another Quake clone through the use of a number of overt(missions/bases) and subtle(economy/denial) goals.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-25, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
I'm pretty sure that once an empire controls a node that empire now has it to use. I don't think resources are something your character gains and so there is no trading, its all shared
I hope you are right about the resources being in a pool that the entire empire can use and not in an individual bank account for each character. Putting them in an empire pool will eliminate resource (gold) farmers.
Old 2011-08-26, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I can't find a direct transcript (and don't have time to watch the whole thing) but Matt discussed resources in a personal, outfit and empire context. Joystiq summary here.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion