Gameplay: Jacking Vehicles - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dying is like Buttsecks...it hurts but you like it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-03-07, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Leeeo
Private

Re: Jacking Vehicles

So does this mean that even the empire neutral vehicles cannot be stolen when empty?

Could there be a standard fit or sidegrade added to neutral vehicles that the driver activates (over a time period of say 5-10 seconds) if he is leaving his vehicle that damages or reverts the vehicle back to its base form when an enemy faction enters it. A booby trap that kills a player stealing it would be op and would have to be countered. Might also act as an early warning for those with good ears that a tank is about to shoot a shell up your

Although it may lead to mine trapping empty tanks in the hope of an easy kill (maybe a small aoe explosion/disable for the mines when reverting/damaging the tank if this becomes a problem) This would be the fault of the thief for not noticing them or the cost of risking a theft. Vehicle theft is dynamic to a fire fight and with such vast possibilities for battles leaving it out altogether would deprive us of those flanking enemies are destroyed by their own tank left by a sniper seeing a chance or (maybe the skins and decals remain sort of like brink) and the inevitable when you realise that those are your/squadmates decals on the tank shooting you.

sorry if i jacked (had to) this thread new to this and haven't found an answer
Old 2012-03-07, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Leeeo
Private

found the main post on this now, does seem im not the only one with these sorts of ideas though more to do with car bombs or disappearing upgrades
Old 2012-03-07, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
JimSolo
Private

I would vote for something along the lines of being able to hack into a "parked" vehicle. I think firing anything at a moving vehicle for a hacker class is way OP.

You would want it different from a EMP grenade though otherwise whats the point right? So I would give the hacker the option to sneak up to a parked vehicle, attempt to hack into the systems, and get choices of temporary harrassing attacks.

A manned vehicle would still be doable but with a higher risk of getting caught.

A successful hack would give you the option of:
A) Gets access to location of everyone in Squad/Platoon/Outfit? via map for period of time.
(detectable by friendly hacker & engy repairable)

B) Immediately ejecting crew and locking doors. *not while moving*
(Counter with: Wait out Timer or engy repair)

C) Immediately disabling the drive system but not the weapons.
(Counter with: Wait out Timer or engy repair)

D) Delayed remote kill of drive system and weapons. (remote trigger)
(Counter with: Wait out Timer or engy repair. detectable by friendly hacker)

These would be gradually trained up skills.

Last edited by JimSolo; 2012-03-07 at 11:35 PM.
Old 2012-03-08, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Zekeen
Major

Thumbs up Re: Jacking Vehicles

While everyone is right, it is OP, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it is a great idea and fun sounding, but wouldn't work

Keep up that mindset!
Old 2012-03-08, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
JimSolo
Private

While everyone is right, it is OP, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it is a great idea and fun sounding, but wouldn't work

Keep up that mindset!
Some form of harrasement tactics that only effect the vehicle/pasengers for a limited time is NOT in my opinion OP.

Changing its colors, destroying the vehicle through hacks, and being able to hack a moving vehicle to me IS OP.
Old 2012-03-12, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Given that cloakers can (unless I'm mistaken) carry C4, an explosive that probably has enough power to destroy tanks outright, I kind of see hacking as both superfluous and more trouble than it's worth at this point.
Old 2012-03-13, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Hacking is more of a gimmick than anything else, and often you'd see vehicles get hacked and then simply destroyed by the people whose vehicle it was a moment ago, or the infiltrator would despawn the vehicle. Either way, I think getting rid of hacking and just allowing vehicles to be sabotaged or something instead would be fine. Seeing a black-and-red vanguard was cool and all, but not worth the work they did to skin it.
Old 2012-03-13, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I do have to admit though, the time a handful of my buddies and I stole a Prowler and went on an hours long continent spanning rampage will live in my memory for years to come.

It turns out that you can get one of the things flipped back onto it's tracks after it falls off a cliff while under fire if you just try hard enough.
Old 2012-03-13, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Raka Maru
Major

Jacking vehicles was awesome! The empty tank in the courtyard suddenly turns red and shoots all the Barney's waiting for the hack.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault