The people playing the game are making the game look bad - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hazardous to people without a medkit
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-06, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
maskedskull
Sergeant

Re: The people playing the game are making the game look bad

As someone who had basically no experince in PS1 beyond a few sessions during the year trial period on a PC that could barely run it, I thought the stream was very enjoyable and I understand that A: It is Alpha and B: Not everybody will know what they are doing during what I believe is the first public demo of the game. And honestly, I didn't mind seeing players 'failing' as it makes me feel better than I may not be very good to start with and it isn't simply a case of me sucking hard.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Nobody wants to see that.

Justify it
Omg, stop being a PS1 elitist...

I believe that's the line you like to use when someone says something was better in PS1 than in PS2, why shouldn't we be consistent with the player base?

Oh and it's fun watching the newbs crashing in aircraft and seeing some proper interaction with terrain now instead of like in PS1 just bouncing off things or the physics spazzing out.

Just because you're not seeing interesting things doesn't mean everyone else isn't.
Old 2012-06-06, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
And it's great to say this, but...

The SOE experienced players aren't at E3, and the SOE reps who are at E3 have other duties like talking to press and attendees about the game. The streaming setup is at E3. You can't stream footage from stuff that's not local -- you can tell how their streaming setup is working by noting the display information that gets overlaid in the upper left corner when they switch feeds. It looks like they've got the outputs from the individual stations fed through video splitters, which feed their own monitor and then also a video switcher whose output is apparently going to the streaming rig.

Thus, you need to be local for them to stream you.

That said, yeah -- a lot of players weren't very well clued in. Total Biscuit, Clegg, and PurrfectStorm were doing a good job of making light of the worst moments of the blatant bad play, and switching the feed to new players when it became apparent that the current person was either utterly lost, running from the action, or terribly outclassed by basic tasks like controlling their vehicle.

And that's the best way to handle it, IMO. We get a bit of humor injected, and get to see a wide range of skills and activities.
I thought they could just get some SOE testers their to get like 3 pc's to play the game...that will be enough

Im not asking for higby to be playing the game, Im sure he has a lot of questions to answer

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
Omg, stop being a PS1 elitist...

I believe that's the line you like to use when someone says something was better in PS1 than in PS2, why shouldn't we be consistent with the player base?

Oh and it's fun watching the newbs crashing in aircraft and seeing some proper interaction with terrain now instead of like in PS1 just bouncing off things or the physics spazzing out.

Just because you're not seeing interesting things doesn't mean everyone else isn't.
Im glad u enjoy people killing themselves.

Unfortunately some new players want to see some good footage of Planetside 2.

Is ok Planetside elitist, doubt u will understand.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion