Alliances Between outfits and Legacy system! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Marshmellows, anyone?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-12-02, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
infinite loop
First Sergeant

deleted

Last edited by infinite loop; 2003-12-02 at 11:11 AM. Reason: too much of a rant :P
Old 2003-12-02, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Ok I'm hoping my frustration at this is just a misunderstanding. I see a fundamental contradiction on how they've said these changes are going to be implemented. I'll just quote my post from the OF:

Originally Posted by InfiniteLoop
Spork-
I am very confused. You said this:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once Outfit Credits and Rankings are implemented, it is likely that Outfit Points will be reset to zero.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the in testing section, you said this:

quote:
Outfit Ranking will replace the existing "Outfit Points" and will remain as a permanent tally accumulated through the Outfit's actions. These points will only go up and will never atrophy or be spent. These are used for ranking purposes on Leaderboards and Outfit listings.

So it seems that there is a contradiction here. If the outfit points are wiped, do we still have that same number accumulating as "outfit ranking", or not? Furthermore, what happens to the individual outfit points for each player? Do we get to keep a running total still, or do we get wiped to 0 also?

If it is the case that all points are getting wiped out, then this is a horrible, horrible idea. You will anger so many people, this change will do more harm than good. Why can't you let us keep track of score, without it affecting the outfit credits? I really fail to see the logic behind this, so please explain it a bit more if you can. Thanks!

InfiniteLoop - The Militia
NC - Markov
Does anyone know the answer to this? Maybe I missed it somewhere. It seems pretty illogical to not allow us to keep a running tally of contributed points. I think it's important for new outfit members to see which players have contributed the most to the outfit. And personally, after hitting br20, it's the only score besides kills that means anything. I have started alt characters too, but these points show what I contributed with my main char, and I don't think I can handle seeing it get wiped out. Please tell me this is not going to happen!
Old 2003-12-02, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Doppler
Contributor
Major

First off everyone needs to take some downers. This is till in concept which means in the scheme of things its a long way off, the finished product will see a lot of buffing and polishing between now and then and a lot of clarification.
Old 2003-12-02, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Doppler
First off everyone needs to take some downers. This is till in concept which means in the scheme of things its a long way off, the finished product will see a lot of buffing and polishing between now and then and a lot of clarification.
Oh I wish you were right. But actually, from a post by Spork on 11-25:

Originally Posted by SporkfirePS
The new Outfit Ranking and Credits system is In Testing and will be available on Public Test Server next week.
That means it will be on the test server this week, and that means it will go live very soon. That scares me.
Old 2003-12-02, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I'm actually more intrigued by a 'light economy' than my 20,000+ outfit points. They're just a byproduct of having a good time with my outfit. An 'economy' would give PS more persistance.
Old 2003-12-02, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

I for one will be happy when its wiped.. smaller outfits dont have a chance in the rankings against zerg outfits with like 200 members.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-02, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

I suggest they make the outfit points more quality oriented than quantity oriented. It may be impossible or it may not be feasible to code it, but imagine if they could throw into the equation the size of the outfit along with the average time online for the members of the outfit so that the outfit points are awarded using those parameters.

That would balance the field, in my opinion.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2003-12-03, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
infinite loop
First Sergeant

So has anyone been able to find any more info on this? SOE seems to be dodging the question of what is really going to happen to outfit points. I'm getting scared
Old 2003-12-03, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

There is nothing in question, they will be turned into badges/medals and reset.

Old 2003-12-03, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
infinite loop
First Sergeant

I know that is the case for overall outfit points for the outfit total. I guess what I'm questioning is personal outfit points. Do we get to keep a running total, or is it getting wiped too?
Old 2003-12-03, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

Don't know, i personally think they will be wiped. What is the point of keeping them if your outfit points are at zero

Old 2003-12-03, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
infinite loop
First Sergeant

There are a number of reasons to keep your individual outfit points. They show how much you have contributed to your outfit. My outfit, for example, bases the lower 4 ranks on outfit points. They are a way to keep score of your accomplishments, and kill total doesn't do that very well. Unless they release character xp totals as a viewable stat, outfit points are the only way to gauge this. On top of this, it's a number I am kinda proud of (or shows I play too much) and feel I earned. I just don't want to see 6+ months of time in this game being erased. It just has an overwhelming negative feel to it, and I don't see the reason behind it. Surely they could keep the legacy outfit point total for characters, even if it has no real value. It would just be a representation of total contribution. That's all I want.
Old 2003-12-03, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hamma
PSU Admin

Hard to say what they will do, I personally dont care how many points I have

Old 2003-12-03, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

I echo what Hamma is saying. In the CDL we don't focus on individual points as it tends to detract from the team aspect. It doesn't matter to me one bit how many points I personally have. My goal is to see my Outfit succeed in her missions, and to enjoy fighting alongside trustworthy friends.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion