Major items from Twitter - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Like a square peg in a round hole.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-10-31, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Major items from Twitter

Originally Posted by TRex View Post
You need to cert heavy into HA to unlock Maxes .
Say your an infil in ps1 , you can just pick unimax. But you have ad hack , engi etc.
Now you need to choose , do you take medic or command or engineering or vehicles . Or put all your certs into HA just so you can use a max.
Likewise if you put all your certs into HA to unlock Maxes , you might not be able to cert much into anything else, especially if you want all the knobs to make available all Max stuff. Maybe AV is default max cert, and AI is higher up the tree.Maybe you need to unlock the duo-weapon arming etc.
Maybe with cert tree , you can add armour to Heavy to be almost as strong as basic max unit , and still be able to open doors ? Maybe light armour can be boosted to be medium armour by same logic.
hrm good points, though im still totally confused about their certification offline levelling system and resources.
Old 2011-10-31, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
TRex
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
hrm good points, though im still totally confused about their certification offline levelling system and resources.
I can only guess and say its like starting off at BR1 , and you look at the cert tree.4 classes are unlocked , and you can see the 2 locked ones at the bottom of the tree. You can see whereabouts on the other 4 that you need to spend points to unlock the remaining 2.
Now, you can see that each class is split up by 20 segments or tiers moving up each class tree. Say tier 1 to 2 takes 500'x' , 2 to 3 1000'x and so on. Each tier correlating to the available BR .
So , if i play the game online, I help gain resources by capping territory and getting kills . I click on which skills in class tree I want to work on, say medic right up to advanced medic rezzing at tier 10.
Because I'm playing , I'm also gaining bep and levelling up .So I reach br10 before my class tier thingy has reached its t9 cap.
If I'm offline for a week, my cert tier fills up to it's cap for that tier , and unless I get online and level up , it won't progress any higher.I could just log in each day and click on another class tier to fill up for the next day , but each tier has exponential value so you gain things much slower down each tree.
Each day your faction gains x resources as a whole , and they work out a mean value for every player at end of that day. Those offline get maybe 80% of that mean value the following day, those online get a 20% bonus to whatever resources they gather while online . It's like paying into a pension , and each time you log off you draw out some of that pension.
Old 2011-11-01, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

I can only guess and say its like starting off at BR1 , and you look at the cert tree.4 classes are unlocked , and you can see the 2 locked ones at the bottom of the tree. You can see whereabouts on the other 4 that you need to spend points to unlock the remaining 2.
Skill training works like EVE. You skills can train up to 50% faster while you're online. You can queue up to 24 hours worth of offline training. Empty queue -> no training.

You only have part of all the possible skills available bqsed on your BR.

Resources are earned in two ways.
1). Passively based on what your empire owns on your current continent.
2). Various. Bonuses. Base captures, maybe drops, you can find them lying around in some places.

All this stuff should be in the info thread.
Old 2011-11-01, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Akemo
Corporal

Question Re: Major items from Twitter

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Liberator is now a gunship not a bomber.
I didn't catch the actual twitter chat, and didn't (yet) read this whole thread, but it seems like there is a lot of speculation about how the liberator changes will be made/what role each of the three players will have in it. When the change to gunship was announced, did Higby (or another dev) actually say that the liberator will still have three seats? (In my mind at least...) a gunship may very well be a considerably slower flying fortress, with perhaps 3 but perhaps only 2 or 5+ seats.

Again, if this was already addressed, or if it was actually stated in the twitter chat, I'm sorry for taking up space ;p

But, really, I CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME!
Old 2011-11-02, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #140
TRex
First Sergeant

I may have missed a bit lump of info somewhere, but am I right in that there's now no Bombing or Artillery in the game so far ?
Old 2011-11-02, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #141
Baron
First Sergeant

I may have missed a bit lump of info somewhere, but am I right in that there's now no Bombing or Artillery in the game so far ?
There's apparently no artillery in the sense that we are use to in PS1 (Flail). However the devs have mentioned that there may be options on tanks secondary weapons to be "artillery-like"...probably more like a mortar.
Old 2011-11-02, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #142
Traak
Colonel

Make the tanks secondary weapon a flak cannon. Then two people in the tank, with the driver on the main gun would become mighty fine indeed.
Old 2011-11-02, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #143
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Akemo View Post
I didn't catch the actual twitter chat, and didn't (yet) read this whole thread, but it seems like there is a lot of speculation about how the liberator changes will be made/what role each of the three players will have in it. When the change to gunship was announced, did Higby (or another dev) actually say that the liberator will still have three seats? (In my mind at least...) a gunship may very well be a considerably slower flying fortress, with perhaps 3 but perhaps only 2 or 5+ seats.

Again, if this was already addressed, or if it was actually stated in the twitter chat, I'm sorry for taking up space ;p

But, really, I CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME!
Here is the tweet:

BrewkoPS: @GeckoOBac @planetside2 The Liberator is a 3-Man Gunship, it's not a bomber like it was in in PS1.

https://twitter.com/brewkops/status/130065679658397696

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-11-02, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
Marth Koopa
Banned

"This is how I keep the rock hard abs. http://yfrog.com/h26i3qqgj" - Higby

I see a New Conglomerate person with a helmet.
Old 2011-11-02, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Baron View Post
There's apparently no artillery in the sense that we are use to in PS1 (Flail). However the devs have mentioned that there may be options on tanks secondary weapons to be "artillery-like"...probably more like a mortar.
The PCG article mentioned "artillery" as one of the things you could do with ground armor. It also included a picture of what I believe was an artillery variant of the prowler. In addition to that, the same article included a mention of at least one weapon system having a 1km range. I can't predict how exactly they intend it to work this time, but I think we're going to see the return of long range artillery.

Originally Posted by Marth Koopa View Post
I see a New Conglomerate person with a helmet.
That helmet looks rather....spartan?
Old 2011-11-03, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #146
TRex
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I can see some place strategy wise for artillery , but for the game as a whole, being a spam free zone for the first months would be great for the sake of new players trying the game out. No OS for a while until we get a few with high command certs etc.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion