News: MMORPG.com VS Interview - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Side affects may include...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-24, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
xXGumpXX
Banned

Re: MMORPG.com VS Interview

Originally Posted by Ieyasu View Post
you seem to have several ideas on how to have made Planetside 2 better than the current team is doing. Sadly I have to inform you that your chance to have approached the higher ups at SOE with your plan for producing the games sequel has now passed you by. Since you didnt step up in time with financial backing to push the sequel forward Sony has gone ahead on its own with its own money and ideas on how the game should be made. If you love the exact way the original Planetside game played you are in luck as it is still able to be played. the new Planetside however looks to have quite different gameplay than the original does.

its one thing to comment on the differences or offer a slight critique, but who are you to make demands on how they should carry forward with this game? it is not the original planetside and has never made the claim to be so. I see the similarities to bf3 that are there, but that doesnt mean that they are sent from satan to spite you or me. when the beta hits try the game out. still dont like it after that... try it again a few months later or when it officially launches, still dont like it after that... feel free not to play it. nobodys forcing you to play Planetside 2 and the Devs sure as hell arent obligated to satiate your gaming desires at the expense of the majority of fps players who prefer these mechanics and playstyle.
i know no one is forcing me to play it , i just think its a damn shame and an insult to the original game
Old 2012-05-24, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

For the record, I am highly pro- on keeping the Sanctuary. Having a safe place for downtime and a rallying point for the outfit to get it's act together every night was very useful. Plus, the VS sanctuary track was peaceful.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Ieyasu
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by xXGumpXX View Post
i know no one is forcing me to play it , i just think its a damn shame and an insult to the original game
its like when a movie that was a classic in the 70s or even say the early 80s is remade in the 2000s. they add some pretty explosions, theres some better lighting, and its the same characters with the same names, but its not the same.

with regard to the movie they have a different director, different actors, different cinematographers so the end result is something completely new. we likewise have a whole new dev team, a whole new engine, its no surprise that what we're going to be working with is a whole new game. To my knowledge not one person who worked on the original dev team is working on Planetside 2 and none were ever asked to do so.

unless youre Hamma posting in disguise (and I do not think you are) I will assume that you are like me and have not played Planetside 2 yet. I would just ask that until youve at least sat down with it in beta to suspend judgement on what this team has done so far. It does look alot like bf3 Ill agree, but lets not pass judgement till we are in the world ourselves. this team has appeared to put alot of their own passion into the work theyve done on this game so far and I have a feeling that at the end of the day once we're inside we will see a great many things that we loved about the original planetside be expressed in this reiteration.
Old 2012-05-24, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by xXGumpXX View Post
Guys. I'm going to say it. I'm gunna do it.......

Bittervet.
Old 2012-05-25, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
wekabear
Private

I don't think that people realise that the Warp Gate, the massive bubble dome thing, IS the safe zone, no member of another faction can enter YOUR warp gate, no-one can take it from you, it is a permanent base in a continent that belongs to YOUR faction, no-one else can take it. The only way you can die inside the (Massive) bubble is via suicide, or someone landing a Galaxy on you... Basically, the warp gate is your 'safe zone'.
Old 2012-05-25, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by wekabear View Post
I don't think that people realise that the Warp Gate, the massive bubble dome thing, IS the safe zone, no member of another faction can enter YOUR warp gate, no-one can take it from you, it is a permanent base in a continent that belongs to YOUR faction, no-one else can take it. The only way you can die inside the (Massive) bubble is via suicide, or someone landing a Galaxy on you... Basically, the warp gate is your 'safe zone'.
I think a lot of people do realize and are still mad about it. But you may be right about some.

I wouldn't mind having a sanctuary, but footholds are fine by me. They are essentially the same as an empire specific warp gate, minus a loading screen.

There is no reason there couldn't be something like continent locking with the foothold system. The real reason there can't be continent locking because there are only 3 continents at launch. Totally different matter. That, and continent locking isn't the best idea ever, for multiple reasons that I'm not going to derail this thread over.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion