What do oufits need? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Avert your eyes!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-12, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: What do oufits need?

Wouldn't the Gal pilot be getting those resources from the activities of the people they are ferrying? So it already balances out.

Old 2012-06-12, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
Not sure if you read the full part of what i said. If the driver buys a galaxy and it costs him 1100 credits, and 10 people jump in for a ride , the driver gets 1000 credits back immediately , 100 for each passenger. If you are in an outfit , the initial cost of galaxy could be reduced to 900 if you lock it to outfit only.
Hell, if the galaxy pilot has some initiative, he could earn some extra resources taxing a few strays while you are all busy watching a hack timer
This way you dont 'tax' someone else in your outfit who may have flown around all night in the same scythe . Everyone gains resources since you are working together .

Im fully aware and understand what you mean , the drivers have to pay out big time to get a galaxy which everyone gets the benefit of. I just dislike the idea of a global tax system for a leader to have a bad day , kick people etc unless ofc they get a full refund. I prefer it the other way, you jump in a galaxy <cha-ching> 100 credits go from your pocket . Still a lot cheaper than getting other transport bar a quad , and much more organised.

This is a unneeded and overly complex system that would be an absolute nightmare to balance that would be attached to an already complex game. I really think you're just trying to find a solution for this fear of yours:

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes;
I just dislike the idea of a global tax system for a leader to have a bad day, kick people etc unless ofc they get a full refund.
No where have we seen info about if outfits will buy tools with resources. We've seen stuff about outfit specific cert unlocks which probably won't take anything from players XP to level up. If they do have some sort of tax it will be only for members of an outfit so if you're that worried about your Araxium going into filthy outfit government coffers then just don't join one. You can still play with them and hang out but you'll just be a second class citizen without access to outfit chat or VoiP. Outfits aren't free, there are sacrifices involved with them even if it's just time and if the outfit isn't worth your resources then don't join it.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-12, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Wouldn't the Gal pilot be getting those resources from the activities of the people they are ferrying? So it already balances out.
That's not necessarily the only thing the gal pilot is doing/spending resources on, and we don't know enough about resource rates and generation to know if that will be sufficient. And then there's always the situation where the galaxy goes down before it can make its drop.

Gals are also AMS so they may not be used to transport anyone but instead used to provide a much-needed respawn point. It would be nice if support resources were granted for such things but we don't know any of that yet.

At any rate, a resource bank would be needed for outfits if they plan to make outfit-purchasable structures, upgrades, etc. It also gives outfits another reason to care about resources if those things can only be purchased from the resources an outfit earns.

Makes sense to do a bank to allow outfits alternative ways to manage resources, alleviate any resource pains designated support players might incur for being a team player, and pave the way for more useful things later.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
I saw Higby had (overnight to me) tweeted some questions asking for suggestions on what will be good in PS2 to support outfits better. These are my thoughts.
I researched a few ideas I have had about this, and I am hoping for this kind of functionality:

A deal breaker for a lot of outfits is... Definable divisions to distiguish members for various outfit-specific reasons, such as "armor branch", "motor pool", etc. Whatever implementation is used, it needs to be plainly understood at a glance, so it is easy to see what resources are available in each. Perhaps a "Table of Organization" visual, can be pulled up to assign, and view, members affiliation with whatever division, complete with the NCO(s) and officer(s) in charge.

One of the most useful things would be a robust outfit rank structure... with a large pool of definable ranks. With that, and very importantly, mouseover rank description, to explain outfit-specific rank responsibilities. I'd also like to see ranks with definable permanencies, ie. some ranks last a certain duration (1hr, 1day...), that revert to previous rank. This is for "brevets" when permanent officers are not on. Rank permissions need to be very specific, perhaps like a tick-box for each rank (dis)allowing; join, kick, promote, demote, brevets, warnings, accolades, etc. Join and kick permissions need to be seperate.

Also nice would be an outfit "billboard" for advertising who we are, and... an outfit "welcomeboard" for important reminders, like a "start kit" for new members, and expectations, etc. In the other direction... a "member resume" would be very good to see what individuals expectations, qualifications, and input are... like a small mouseover blurb about whatever the member wishes to say, this can give officers an idea of their goals. Also an outfit broadcast banner, allowing for a quick message from permissioned members to broadcast a "center banner" giving a quick necessary message like they have in the E3 footage. Also useful might be a "suggestion box" (that can be disabled, and emptied), with an member selected anonymity option.

A member accolade system via color, merit badge, or some-such outfit visable item, with a time-defined termination period, to include permanent. This could go hand-in-hand with a time defined warning system via color and/or sound alarm, and hidden message box for warning content. Perhaps, with this, also a culling tool, by warnings accumulated, or inactivity, etc., governed by permissions use, set by rank. Since, I dont think outfit officers would want to argue with every member about infractions, I envision the warning system to work something like this:

Normal - green, cooldown - permanent.
1st warning - yellow, cooldown - 1 week.
2nd warning - orange, cooldown - 1 week.
3rd warning - red, cooldown - 1 month.

Thusly, it can be known that any infraction, whilst in a red state, means ejection. All of these timeframes should be able to be edited to whatever a particular outfit wants... immediate red-state, longer cooldowns, anything you want. This would provide continuity to a player that they need to settle down, or go. After a cooldown expires, your state would drop down to next lower, so its progressive / regressive. Conversely... there could be the exact same thing used for an approval system. Some method to show approval for doing something good. The twist on this is that the whole outfit sees the good colors... There should still be timeframe limitations to encourage continued effort. Good and bad, both, should fade to normal with time. This should give players some continued sense that they make a difference, and that they are appreciated.

Thats all I have for now.

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!

Last edited by Grognard; 2012-06-12 at 04:10 PM.
Old 2012-07-19, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Loco
Private

On outfit uniforms.

A lot of people think about enforcing vs not. How about using a page from City of Heroes.

In COH you have super groups. You earned super group points while in uniform.

I'm not sure if Outfits will have their own resources. If they do this could work.

Say a normal player no matter what contributes X amount of resources to the outfit when they are playing.

If the player suits up in an outfit uniform they earn 1.5x or 2x the resources.

This of course could also work in the way of City of Heroes.

Players earn x resources.
Of that when they are not in "Outfit" mode they keep it all.
When in "outfit" mode they wear the uniform and give 1/2x resources to the outfit and keep 1/2x for themselves.
Old 2012-07-19, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
SUBARU
Master Sergeant

Members?
Old 2012-07-19, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Emperor
Corporal

If anyone has played Aion recently, that game introduced a "Cartography Function"; basically, you can bring up the map on your HUD, and draw on it. Then you can share that with your group or legion.

It's great for plotting tactics beyond clicking on the map and selecting something like "Attack here," "Defend this position," etc.

This'd also be handy for squads, not just outfits.
Old 2012-07-19, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
NexAnima
Private

Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
If anyone has played Aion recently, that game introduced a "Cartography Function"; basically, you can bring up the map on your HUD, and draw on it. Then you can share that with your group or legion.

It's great for plotting tactics beyond clicking on the map and selecting something like "Attack here," "Defend this position," etc.

This'd also be handy for squads, not just outfits.
Yes, this all the way.

There's nothing better then being able to command through specific visuals.
Old 2012-07-19, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Slide Surveyor
Corporal

My BF3 outfit logo was the best...
Old 2012-07-19, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SUBARU View Post
Members?
HAH! Winner!