Why I think groups with non-PS experience would be useful in the beta - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: actually, yes, quit your day job
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-15, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Re: Why I think groups with non-PS experience would be useful in the beta

Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
I think you lost the point of your thread. You do look like you make a great tester, tho. To respond to the post title only, "Yes."

A variety of backgrounds provides necessary and different perspectives to make sure as many angles get tested and as much diversity in feedback is garnered. However, equally important is that the players simply be good testers. Having decades of FPS experience and zero testing ability is arguably less useful than someone who has never played a shooter but is a dedicated and serious analyst.

Imo, bringing in the elite form PS1 would probably be the worst of both worlds.
I was going to agree with you completely until you said that last line.

I think PS vets have as much (if not more) love and passion for the game then the DEVs do. We aren't going to screw around.

We're more likely to take the game and tear it apart, find every last possible exploit, and utilize every known trick one could possibly come up with in a massive FPS shooter.

Outfit members are also very use to organization and focus in our pursuit of global conquest. Non-PS players will be more intent on trying out the game and seeing if they like it or not. We already have mop and bucket ready for release. Our only concern is making it work as good as possible.

Last edited by Blackwolf; 2012-06-15 at 11:01 PM.
Old 2012-06-15, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Dairian
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
If you CBA to read the entire Post. Hes talking about getting the minecraft players into the first platoon. Which most don't have FPS experience other than Golden eye on the N64. This resulting in feedback of a different nature, which SOE may miss out on.

Makes sense.
As you say my friend......This made me laugh!
Old 2012-06-15, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Dairian
Sergeant

Did this guy just wright a manual? I just looked at the title and the first line and skipped the rest.
Old 2012-06-16, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
maddoggg
Sergeant

While i think that the devs should consider the opinion of non ps1 players and there should be some of us even in the closed beta(god i hope i will be in )the veterans opinion should be more valuable to them(and i am saying this considering i am not a ps1 veteran).

If only EA/DICE listened to their hardcore fans instead of just random COD kiddies complaining about the last thing that killed them in game based puerly on their current state of emotion,bf3 may have been a true bf game.
The veterans of a franchise always know best when it comes to their game,simply because they know the mechanics of the game and how are things suppose to work.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion