SoE should invite hackers to break the game - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please insert more coins and try again.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-17, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
metziih
Private

Re: SoE should invite hackers to break the game

Well it couldn't hurt to invite white-hats to crack/hack the game and see what could be improved.
Old 2012-06-17, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Logon
Private

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
In all likelihood, yes. In PS1 any memory reader would get banned. So if they catch you snooping whether it be for good intentions your result may be..
Remember private hacks never gets you banned

Every cheat i have ever made has never banned anyone, even how outragous they are.(always private for myself or maybe a close friend but mostly for education and not really for cheating)

Memory reading is impossible to detect, DirectX wallhacks are almost impossible to detect as they are done after the inital directX call from the game.(PB is acually best at this :P)
The things they look out for is Injected DLL's that are not allowed or memory writing that is very strange.
Old 2012-06-17, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Biscuit
Sergeant

looking over this thread again, cant say im all really for the idea, but am convinced that it is necessary something like this in place, for the greater good per se.
Old 2012-06-17, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Vetto View Post
One should not ever Encourage hackers, but deal with them when found. Hackers are not in it to help a company, there in it for the Lulz, or to ruin a game.
Don't confuse punks with programs with hackers. True hackers can actually help a buiseness by, as the OP suggested, getting into the system, finding backdoors, and closing them.

In fact calling them hackers is wrong, even the ones creating the programs. They are programmers, like DEVs, who understand the language well enough to create programs that exploit aspects of it. They don't infiltrate the system at all. A hacker is someone who actually gets into a system they don't belong in, whether physically or through the net.

I actually think people give "hackers" hard ons just by calling them hackers. A bit of prestige involved and all that.
Old 2012-06-17, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
LightningDriver
Corporal

There will be enough people who will try anyways without needing an invitation. The whole point of hacking is to catch people off-guard, inviting them in sort of defeats the purpose.

Hopefully, every hacker that comes in will make security stronger, and in a year, the game will be (mostly) hack free.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion