PlanetSide 2 Developer Questions - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I bet Saddam plays PS beta.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-01-24, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: PlanetSide 2 Developer Questions

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Anyone have anything they'd like to ask T-Ray if given the chance?
I suppose you could ask T-Ray my question about an alternate look for Infiltrators, one that looks more like this,

or this,

Basically something that is more sniper or ranger than skin suit. Also, no mask (face camo if you must, but it's nice to have a face some times, eh).

Last edited by Tatwi; 2013-01-24 at 12:06 PM.
Old 2013-01-24, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Fishy
Private

Fishy's wish list for PS2:

1. Change the number icon for platoon members on the minimap, from a colored circle with a number in the center, to just a number which is overlaid everything else in the minimap. The current circles can obscure each other, and if therer are 4 squad members in the same room, you will see only one on your minimap, since the circles obscure each other. Also these circles add unecessary clutter to the (already dense) minimap.

2. Add the squad member number indication to drivers of vehicles.

3. Have a much clearer and bigger self indicator on the map. (I spend too much time finding myself on the map). Also, make the "center on self" button much bigger, and add a hotkey (ctrl+c) for centering the map on self.

4. There is a 1+ second delay from pressing 'M' until the map opens. For me it is an issue especially when driving vehicles \ flying an aircraft. Would be nice if the map opened in < 0.5 seconds.

5. Opening the map while in cruise control stops the vehicle. Please add a setting so my vehicles\aircraft will continue cruising while I am looking at the map.

6. Add a run-lock to foot soldiers (cruise control for my characters)

7. Add some distinctive sound feedback for accelerating or decelerating in an aircraft. Currently I can't tell by the sound if I am going fast or slow.

8. Disable "E" (exit vehicle) while flying above a certain altitude. Make mid-air-explosion the only way to die in an aircraft. I shouldn't be punished because I accidentally hit 'E" while flying.

9. There is an 8 hour cool-down between trying a weapon, and if it is the same weapon you wanna try twice you have to wait
30 days (!!!!). Would be REALLY nice to reduce the cool-down times, at least for paying members. After all we should have the chance to try out a few things before we buy them. Or, alternatively, give us a shooting range, and let's say, limit 30 minutes a day in the range, and only for paying members.

One last last thing - I know this is not directly related to the devs, but I just wanted to share this with everyone.
A couple of weeks ago I had a chat with a CR regarding an issue with my account. I was asked to verify my account by giving my personal info, security question\answers etc. I then noticed the chat session was not encrypted (not over https) .... with all of the security measures Sony has taken I was surprised. Anyhow, my suggestion would be not to give personal info over the chat support until it changes.
Old 2013-01-24, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

I would like to know what SOE thinks the future of the Lightning tank is?
It just seems to me that the Lightning gets more and more superfluous.

Currently it's a tank you pull because you either cannot afford a MBT (which rarely happens) or it's on cooldown (which happens). But most of the time you pull a Lightning because you have no adjacency to a Tech Plant.
It simply does not have anything for it that would anybody make to choose a Lightning over a MBT in almost any situation. Especially now when we can put bursters on tanks. The Lightning cannot do anything (and especially no better) that a MBT cannot do. It's smaller chasis is countered by the increased health of the MBTs, the MBT can be driven by a single person too and has more punch.
The only thing the Lightning has is its speed, but you are rarely ever able to use it to your advantage.

*EDIT*

Is there any chance we will be able to access and use the shop (and daily deals) over the web?
I cannot login every day but it would be cool if I would still be able to spend my smedbucks on those deals. If I cannot it just takes longer until I have to refill them

*EDIT2*
God, Im on fire

Is it intentional that the AMS is a "must have" upgrade for the Sundi?

The is basically no reason to NOT have the AMS upgrade. I wonder if it's intentional that there is no "downside" or at least an alternative to the AMS.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2013-01-24 at 02:19 PM.
Old 2013-01-24, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Please ask if they are going to make any changes to the resource system. Right now its pretty broken. You cant cut off resources, you always have it. It basically does nothing. They need a way for empires to control resources (like my region idea )
Old 2013-01-24, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
Stuff!

I can't be the only one who certed the crap out of a Lightning and prefers it to an MBT, can I?
Old 2013-01-24, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Anyone have anything they'd like to ask T-Ray if given the chance?
When can we buy the camo those Chinese girls aren't wearing?

Old 2013-01-25, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
Qwan
Captain

Ask will there be more sever wide events, I mean the show down is cool and all but will there be server wide events in the future that involve everyone. Things that Pit faction against faction as far as faction based missions.

Psssss.... while your up there Hammer ask him about the Convoy defense events I think its a real cool Idea.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=52273

Last edited by Qwan; 2013-01-25 at 07:04 AM.
Old 2013-01-25, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post

I can't be the only one who certed the crap out of a Lightning and prefers it to an MBT, can I?
No, I do too. But most of the people don't seem to see how awesome the Lightning can or could be. But for it to be truly effective you need more of them (played well) and people simply don't seem to see it as a viable choice.
Old 2013-01-26, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Hamma
PSU Admin

I got about a 10-15min with Higby and also with T-Ray. The audio kind of blows sadly.. but I think they came out ok. Nothing to juicy but they should answer some questions. Editing them down for posting over the next few days!

I think we are going to need to fundraise for a quality camera since we are doing more and more of these sorts of things.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-26, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I think we are going to need to fundraise for a quality camera since we are doing more and more of these sorts of things.

Make it so.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-01-27, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

I got about a 10-15min with Higby and also with T-Ray. The audio kind of blows sadly.. but I think they came out ok. Nothing to juicy but they should answer some questions. Editing them down for posting over the next few days!

Wewt!! Can't wait for the upload.
Old 2013-01-27, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Hamma
PSU Admin

Going to release them separately, tomorrow and Tuesday.

Videos are done and scheduled.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-01-27 at 10:04 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion