Trial by your peers? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I invented the Internet
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-12-26, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Trial by your peers?

I'm in agreement that Duke should stop talking in this topic. Really man - try and grasp the entire concept not just what you see.

I think the Tribunal idea is a very interesting one and not one prone to abuse. As mentioned the company still has final stay what happens.

I think this would be a perfect compliment to all of the other anti hacking measures that are put into place. There is simply NO FOOLPROOF way to stop all hacking with technology there has to be a human aspect.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-12-26, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Hamma is right, human aspect has to be involved . but i dont think the will allow any players to appeal a ban on someone else . nore will they ever allow admin tools to be used by the public.until they figure a way to keep them from making new accounts there is no point in wasting peoples time. who would wanted to take the time to review chases of grief and hacking when all the player has to do when he or she is banned is make a new account. im all about doing my part, and i have banned more hackers then most have ever seen. but its like washing dishes with a apple, it dose no good.
Old 2011-12-26, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
Hamma is right, human aspect has to be involved . but i dont think the will allow any players to appeal a ban on someone else . nore will they ever allow admin tools to be used by the public.until they figure a way to keep them from making new accounts there is no point in wasting peoples time. who would wanted to take the time to review chases of grief and hacking when all the player has to do when he or she is banned is make a new account. im all about doing my part, and i have banned more hackers then most have ever seen. but its like washing dishes with a apple, it dose no good.
Psst... League of Legends is F2P. Keep it under your hat.
Old 2011-12-26, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Psst... League of Legends is F2P. Keep it under your hat.
now you are rumor mongering,that guy is delicate,he is still posting in that F2P thread
Old 2011-12-26, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
CutterJohn
Colonel

Can't see what good a tribunal would do. Can't have people voting on someones innocence or guilt if they aren't even around to see whats going on.

Just have a simple report system so that people can easily report someone when they see hacking. More reports get pushed to the top so the GMs, who will (hopefully) have the actual logs, i.e. proof, can make a decision.

Someone in an invincible vehicle or running around with a particle beam on a cloaker will quickly accumulate a LOT of reports from players, and gather attention from the devs.

Those with few reports.. Well, even if they are cheating, if they have so few its not blatantly obvious, its also not blatantly bad for gameplay, or at least perception of gameplay.

who would wanted to take the time to review chases of grief
Grief does not need to be handled by humans. Its not a big enough deal, and grief points will take care of it anyway. The only thing that is necessary is making new players not deal team damage for the first 10 hours or so of playtime. This will make it a pain in the ass to switch to a new character to continue tking.

Oh, and not making grief go away while offline. You have to be playing, perhaps doing support activities or something, to make it go away. Or a stick with a nail and they have to run around sanc and pick up 10 pieces of litter for each grief point.

With these two simple things TKing will be an extremely minor problem.
Old 2011-12-26, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
now you are rumor mongering,that guy is delicate,he is still posting in that F2P thread
players are just people, they hate ,they hold grudges, they cant be allowed to effect the outcome of anyone being banned.only the admins can.

its funny how you never have anything to add to any the threads you post in. you just follow xyntech with your head up his azz commenting on his post. lol troll

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2011-12-26 at 01:47 PM.
Old 2011-12-26, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
its funny how you never have anything to add to any the threads you post in. you just follow xyntech with your head up his azz commenting on his post. lol troll
Holy shit,

Oh god.

You...

Wow.

Never delete this thread either. These are now monuments to stupidity.
Old 2011-12-26, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SgtMAD
Captain

its like a gift that keeps giving
Old 2011-12-26, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Bags
Lieutenant General

RIOT also recently gave everyone $5 of currency for not getting sent to the tribunal.
Old 2011-12-26, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Traak
Colonel

I've noticed the launching into a shrieking swear-word laden diatribe is the standard way that some people in online forums try to bully their way to the top.

The gay activists have been using it for decades. When people mimic their methods, to me, they get dropped in a bin that says "probably gay" because they are acting just like them.
Old 2011-12-26, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Traak
Colonel

The US army launches into a shrieking profanity-laden diatribe to get its own way? I don't see the connection.

Isn't it you, Duke Nukem who said "I love the smell of bacon in the morning!"

I know it's not relevant, but it's a great quote.
Old 2011-12-26, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
So you tell me to shut the fuck up, yet say "it's a little complex (as you mentioned) in an open world mmo." with agreement.

So You agree with me and tell me to stfu.

I'm not trolling. but you sir, are an asshole, And Always have been.
Actually no, I agreed with skyexile, not you, only the first sentence was addressed at you.

You finally seem to have a vague understanding of the topic. BUT, not full understanding, you say "I will get drunk and swear a lot", so people would report you and you'd be a tribunal case file, enough people agree that you swearing is offensive and should be put before a GM. The thing is, even without it. YOU WOULD STILL BE PUT BEFORE A GM. This just speeds the process along by removing a lot of the bullshit reports. No abuse involved, just speeding up the process.

Also, I'm an asshole, what of it?

And you ask why Riot sends 5$ worth of riot points to players who haven't been banned.

They basicially awarded players who haven't been banned for trolling, feeding, and other forms of griefing 5$ for not being a griefer.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2011-12-26 at 10:52 PM.
Old 2011-12-26, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Effective View Post

You finally seem to have a vague understanding of the topic. BUT, not full understanding, you say "I will get drunk and swear a lot", so people would report you and you'd be a tribunal case file, enough people agree that you swearing is offensive and should be put before a GM. The thing is, even without it. YOU WOULD STILL BE PUT BEFORE A GM. This just speeds the process along by removing a lot of the bullshit reports. No abuse involved, just speeding up the process.
yea...i dont think he gets that part...or he somehow things the GM would go "oh no he was drunk, thats a get a of jail free card for been a cunt to other people, on your way son" ummm no...1 day ban.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-12-27, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Xyntech
Brigadier General

This could have been such a nice thread. Y'all need to learn to put your personal bullshit aside and talk about the subject at hand a little more often.

Good lord.
Old 2011-12-27, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
This could have been such a nice thread. Y'all need to learn to put your personal bullshit aside and talk about the subject at hand a little more often.

Good lord.
QFT

Trolling, flaming and diverting topics are similar to griefing ingame. If you are the veteran playerbase that I so much rely on and I so often refer to when speaking about the game to my friends, what could I expect from the general asshat that you keep referring on?

We all hate hackers for executing the game when it got to the floor. I know dozens of players who (rage)quited the game because of them. On the other hand I have an outfitmate being accused of hacking and banned, and I'm 1000% sure he have never even thought of hacking. He was never shown the proofs from SOE's side.

Community voting is wrong, we could use it well, but others would abuse it. The OP's linked system could work. But Duke's idea about a process whitelist is way beyond reach of SOE. Just think about what would happen if google or FB or CNN.com or hellokitty.net would come up with this system! It is nonsense.

A blacklist of harmful codes + 24/7 GM presence + a well designed appeal system is the only way you can keep hackers low.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion