Trial by your peers? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Barneys and smurfs and elmos, oh my!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-12-27, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Crator
Major General

Re: Trial by your peers?

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
This could have been such a nice thread. Y'all need to learn to put your personal bullshit aside and talk about the subject at hand a little more often.

Good lord.
Not sure I'm following you... I still think it's a good thread. Where is this "personal bullshit" you speak of?
Old 2011-12-27, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Crator
Major General

Duke, as long as the following rule is used I don't see where your concern lies. This is part of the LoL Tribunal system listed under "What evidence is The Tribunal provided with to judge the case?" section on this link LoL Tribunal Policy:

The Report Pages are assigned at random in The Tribunal – a Tribunal member cannot pick and choose which cases he or she wants to review. While there is a small chance that a Tribunal member might be assigned a Report Page for a user that he or she reported, no Tribunal member will be allowed to vote on a Report Page created for his or her own account.
Old 2011-12-27, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Kouza
Sergeant

The best way to counter hacking is to have a GM on at all times, whose sole purpose is to find cheaters.
Old 2011-12-27, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Kouza
Sergeant

I would like to point out in PS1 Typically if I reported some one, I relayed a name and why to my outfit... Thus Doing something based off of the number of reports might be exploited greatly.

Gotr could get any one banned :P
Old 2011-12-27, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Kouza View Post
I would like to point out in PS1 Typically if I reported some one, I relayed a name and why to my outfit... Thus Doing something based off of the number of reports might be exploited greatly.

Gotr could get any one banned :P
explain how, in full detail this differs from the current system.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-12-27, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Kouza
Sergeant

The current system bans people?

When did this start.
Old 2011-12-27, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
This differs from the "current" system in means of the current planetside system that GOTR (which I am apart of but not very active).. If we complain enough as the most populated outfit, SOE will listen.

As it differs from the current method you propose, it doesn't.
no if you complain with enough BS appeals about one player for no reason, you will get action taken against your whole outfit.

Do you understand that you are assigned a limited number of appeals daily, you don't get to choose them, the likelihood of you been able to vote on an appeal is very low, and its pretty simply for them to make it so you cant vote on an appeal to do with an outfit member of yours, yet alone one thats on your server. If you want to make another max level character on another account, on another server just so you have a chance daily to vote on an appeal that may effect your outfit or empire then GL with that.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-12-28, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Let me describe it.

Player X is a douche bag and griefs people in a variety of ways, tking, etc.

Several players report/appeal him for his griefing behavior.

The Player X is put in the tribunal system.

Regular players may access the tribunal once they obtain a certain in-game level (usually max level).

Player X's file case is RANDOMLY assigned to players as they view/vote on these tribunals cases. The number of case files an individual player may view (which is still COMPLETELY RANDOM) is 10 cases which he may vote on.

If enough players agree that Player X should be punished by a GM, the case is forwarded to a GM, where upon the GM will make a FINAL JUDGEMENT on whether or not to ban/suspend/punish him.

Please describe to me how this system can be abused, because I don't see it. What is there not to understand? How is it even remotely similar to the current system?

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-12-28, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Kouza
Sergeant

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
No, I guess I wrote it without clarification. If GOTR in it's entirety went to SOE, the invesitgation would be far more effective than just one or two "reports"

Edit: I'm confused. Didn't you initially say this?
Thats what I initially said the two posts don't contradict them selves.

The current system is flawed because sony has no effort put in it, and does not have GM`s online. I remember the first time I played I was griefing like a bitch.... I ACTUALLY GOT A TELL FROM AN ADMIN WARNING ME TO STOP. I never did it again...

If you have an admin on supervising, hacking will be slashed quickly...

The Tribunal System just seems like to much effort for something so silly.

The Current System is flawed because HONEY BADGER(sony) dont care.
Old 2011-12-28, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I LIKE PIE !
Old 2011-12-28, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Forsaken One
First Sergeant

Wow, its been over a month since I've signed in. This is just such a WTF topic that I had to sign in and make a post.

LoLs tribe, at least the way it was set up. Is one of the most BS things added to the game. Why? because its abused by the game type itself. People swear and rage in such a game. people have a ignore button in such a game. Venting rage in a easily counteractable way (the ignore button) shouldn't even be worth anyone else's time to deal with, nor should it be a bannable offense.

I do however support NON chat related tribe things. such as hacking.
Being a abusive griefer. (you wanna blow up the guy that stole your ride/won't get out of your ride? you should be allowed to. however you should not be allowed to just run around randomly greifing for lulz.)
Being a "unhelpable derp" (those players who somehow have the IQ to install games yet just mindlessly walk around and just acting like they are mentally challenged. more often then not also end up causing grief points do to running in front of peoples rides while not even meaning to be bad.), glitching, etc.

Planetside is built on a mature player base. We won't be racist or stuff like that but we should be able to tell someone "aww fuck you man" when sneaking but a enemy pulls a epic kill out of it and say things like "you have got to be fucking kidding me".
Old 2011-12-28, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

I've yet to meet anyone being banned for just swearing in LoL, generally if it's harassment/trolling, racism, that's a different story.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-12-28, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Having a really hard time understanding how a tribunal system could be abused any more than an outfit just simply mass /reporting someone. I'm not a player of LoL, so I can see how Duke might not be fully understanding of the system.

From the sounds of it, it sounds like the system goes:

1- Enough people report X.

2-X goes under review by a tribunal of randomly selected individuals (preferably none of the /reporters)

3-Selected tribunal members are each given a different portion of the reports to review.

4-Selected tribunal members vote, based on their readings of the reports, on whether or not X gets sent to an official moderator for review. Preferably, they also compose a note with their reasoning for moderator review.

5-If deemed guilty, the moderator will review X, with access to logs that may or may not coincide with tribunal reports specifying why X is now under the scrutiny of a minion serving our gods.

Now, unless the WHOLE server is against this guy X, the most the pissed off outfit can do is send this schmuck to a randomly composed tribunal over and over again, and I'm willing to bet SOE will eventually pick up on this collective harassment. Same guy sent to trial by the same people umpteen times and found not guilty should raise a red flag.

This is just the gist of what I gathered on how LoL's system mostly works. I like this idea actually... provided I'm right about how it works
Old 2011-12-28, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Forsaken One
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EASyEightyEight View Post
stuff
thats kinda in the way LoL bullshits its system works.

#1 They don't show the player the reason they were banned. This alone pretty much states a mod didn't even bother to look at the report.

#2 They don't provide the evidence used against the player. If a mod bothered to look over the reports they could at least copy and paste a few choice pieces as proof of the alleged action.

LoLs tribunal is little more then a court of stupid where the peers are 5 year olds and all the respectable laws of proof, defense, and allegations are thrown out the window.

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
I've yet to meet anyone being banned for just swearing in LoL, generally if it's harassment/trolling, racism, that's a different story.
you weren't there for the mass bans of even people saying poop then. Trolling should be allowed in chat. (again, ignore button if you deem it offensive.) and harassment should ONLY fall under trying to bypass the ignore button to keep talking to the player. Player A should not be warned/banned for player B being too retarded to know what the ignore button is.
Old 2011-12-28, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Traak
Colonel

Anything that pretends to assign anybody from the playerbase as being my peer is ludicrous.

Let the devs sort things out. And have a lot more devs. If some random is misbehaving, then a dev should be able to use his game-omniscient powers to trail around the player in question, and watch him.

Never mind having to kill 200 friendlies before he was banned. If he intentionally kills three in a row, in the base, or in spawns, or as some gay little vendetta, such as some twit did to me for killing an enemy plane pad, after our side had killed the vehicle pad, then he should be banned.

Killing unarmed friendlies should be an instant ban. Being a traitor should be instantly punished. It isn't fun, or cool, or funny. It is an indicator of mental disease, and should be punished immediately. You shouldn't have to just kill someone in an outfit to be banned. You should be banned for killing anyone intentionally when they are nowhere near an enemy. It would vastly improve the quality of the game if people knew they couldn't just gang up on someone and kill them because they don't like them.

Having last-minute-replay capability in the game would greatly assist this. Here I am, fixing a spawn tube, and some creep from one of your outfits comes and TK's me? That should be an instant ban, and forfeiture of all money in his Sony Station account. Why? Because it's wrong. It isn't right, it's wrong. And should be punished as a result. Cyber-bullying is not something that should have any place in PS2, like it does in PS1.

But trial by "peers'? LOLX1 million. Would not be reliably unbiased.

Last edited by Traak; 2011-12-31 at 12:22 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion