Trial by your peers? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I like sex do you like sex?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-12-28, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Trial by your peers?

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
My name is Traak, I don't cheat, and therefore, I approve this message.
Anything that pretends to assign anybody from the playerbase as being my peer is ludicrous.

Let the devs sort things out. And have a lot more devs. If some random is misbehaving, then a dev should be able to use his game-omniscient powers to trail around the player in question, and watch him.

Never mind having to kill 200 friendlies before he was banned. If he intentionally kills three in a row, in the base, or in spawns, or as some gay little vendetta, such as some twit did to me for killing an enemy plane pad, after our side had killed the vehicle pad, then he should be banned.

Killing unarmed friendlies should be an instant ban. Being a traitor should be instantly punished. It isn't fun, or cool, or funny. It is an indicator of mental disease, and should be punished immediately. You shouldn't have to just kill someone in an outfit to be banned. You should be banned for killing anyone intentionally when they are nowhere near an enemy. It would vastly improve the quality of the game if people knew they couldn't just gang up on someone and kill them because they don't like them.

But trial by "peers'? LOLX1 million. Someone playing this game doesn't make them my "peer". From what I've seen in this game, the people who inhabit this game are, for the most part, craven, cowardly traitors and cheaters. Peers? Hardly. I wouldn't trust them to judge a fight between two bacteria without bias.
so what is it?

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-12-28, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Forsaken One View Post
you weren't there for the mass bans of even people saying poop then. Trolling should be allowed in chat. (again, ignore button if you deem it offensive.) and harassment should ONLY fall under trying to bypass the ignore button to keep talking to the player. Player A should not be warned/banned for player B being too retarded to know what the ignore button is.
I don't mind verbal trolls (it's when they deliberately fuck the game up that I start to mind), but when I find deliberate racism (someone not just trying to be funny) a bit out of taste, so I'm not going to raise a fuss about someone being banned for being a racist douche. Regardless of whether or not the ignore function is used.

I still play LoL, I curse occasional, I find trolling boring so don't bother, I have a friend who just verbally trolls, still hasn't been banned.

Moral of the story, I find that it's better to enforce not being a racist, or at the very least holding that opinion to yourself, ignore function or not..

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-12-28, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Traak
Colonel

How about after they start banning people for TKing unarmed friendlies, I mean ban them for killing ONE unarmed friendly in a friendly base, with no enemies anywhere near, and ban people for cheating.

Then, having done that, they can focus on other stuff.
Old 2011-12-29, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

How about after they start banning people for TKing unarmed friendlies, I mean ban them for killing ONE unarmed friendly in a friendly base, with no enemies anywhere near, and ban people for cheating.

Then, having done that, they can focus on other stuff.
Old 2011-12-29, 07:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

I'd rather the moderators not have to respond to every insignificant little squabble someone has with another on their team because they took a stray, killing round as a personal offense. To these people I say man the **** up.
Old 2011-12-29, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
FriendlyFire
Sergeant

Hi,
I make everything seem worse than it actually is or could be. I mean really, really, bad.

Sincerely,
FriendlyFire

I have no problems with Trial by Peers, because the decision is ultimately up to the GM/Devs and I have confidence in their decisions. I also realize that my Reports reflect not only my reputation but the reputation of my Gaming Community and Outfit.
Old 2011-12-29, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by EASyEightyEight View Post
I'd rather the moderators not have to respond to every insignificant little squabble someone has with another on their team because they took a stray, killing round as a personal offense. To these people I say man the **** up.
But the GMs still need to do that under a /report system. Giving the players the power to police themselves creates an environment where people are less likely to rock the boat because in a way, Big Brother is always watching. Also it takes some of the tedious workload away from the GMs so they can focus on the important stuff.

Personally, I think this is a good idea because nothing is more frustrating than seeing a blatantly obvious troll or hack and not being able to do even the smallest thing about it.

Old 2011-12-29, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

GeneralVega, enough said

Old 2011-12-29, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
johnflenaly
Private

So if I understand this right, you /report someone for hacking, asshatery, whatever, and he goes into the GMs queue to look at. If more people /report the same person, said player starts jumping up in priority in that queue? If that's the case, seems like a decent idea, its still up to he GM to decide what happens.
Old 2011-12-29, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
LONGFELLA KOJ
Corporal

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
GeneralVega, enough said
This player created insurmountable problems that made trying to play the game as intended impossible. While I would love to have him and people like him punished, I think putting the enforcement of rules in the hands of the players is never a good idea.

I think a system where people appeal on their own is fine but have it actually spark an intervention by a SOE GM. What goes on now is a joke. There needs to be a better system to fact find and follow up on situations when a player is in question. SOE needs to have the game monitored. As a Free-to-play game, it's only gonna get 100X worse.

Last edited by LONGFELLA KOJ; 2011-12-29 at 02:12 PM.
Old 2011-12-29, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by LONGFELLA KOJ View Post
This player created insurmountable problems that made trying to play the game as intended impossible. While I would love to have him and people like him punished, I think putting the enforcement of rules in the hands of the players is never a good idea.

I think a system where people appeal on their own is fine but have it actually spark an intervention by a SOE GM. What goes on now is a joke. There needs to be a better system to fact find and follow up on situations when a player is in question. SOE needs to have the game monitored. As a Free-to-play game, it's only gonna get 100X worse.
That's basically what LoL does now from what I understand. Player don't have the ability to ban anyone. They just help the GMs with some of the leg work and weeding out the non-issues.

Old 2011-12-29, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Forsaken One
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
That's basically what LoL does now from what I understand. Player don't have the ability to ban anyone. They just help the GMs with some of the leg work and weeding out the non-issues.
no, LoL does not do that now.

People seem to misunderstand how LoL system really works by blindly reading what the dev.s say it does.

for the most part in LoL the tribe was put there because the Dev.s just didn't give a F anymore. Why do I say this?

Before the tribe a player used to get a email even before they were warned. it went something like this.

Dear so and so, your account will be under review do to multiple reports of
enter alleged action here
etc.

Should you be found guilty they would at least give you a little evidence and tell you which one or more you were found guilty of. If you asked a tech support they would give you full on reports etc.

now? its more like "Hi, the Tribe pushed punish, so fuck you, and no you aren't allowed to know what you were supposedly accused of"

If you call and ask tech support, you pretty much get a fuck you in bold with a side we "we don't give a shit"
Old 2011-12-29, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Forsaken One View Post
no, LoL does not do that now.

People seem to misunderstand how LoL system really works by blindly reading what the dev.s say it does.

for the most part in LoL the tribe was put there because the Dev.s just didn't give a F anymore. Why do I say this?

Before the tribe a player used to get a email even before they were warned. it went something like this.

Dear so and so, your account will be under review do to multiple reports of
etc.

Should you be found guilty they would at least give you a little evidence and tell you which one or more you were found guilty of. If you asked a tech support they would give you full on reports etc.

now? its more like "Hi, the Tribe pushed punish, so fuck you, and no you aren't allowed to know what you were supposedly accused of"

If you call and ask tech support, you pretty much get a fuck you in bold with a side we "we don't give a shit"
It has worked fine for me.

Old 2011-12-29, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
LongBow
Sergeant

Like it or lothe it LoL, are industry leaders in the free to play model.

It must be said that, the "Trial" system is flawed - but, its core goal of improving the capacity of the moderation team has been a complete success!

Though I admit I would like appropriate feedback, in planet side there is a much greater grey area as to "intentional harm" - for example its easy to rack up plenty of complaints for crashing a galaxy into a vehicle term, but whether it was an accident ...
Old 2011-12-29, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Kouza
Sergeant

Or Simple Solution... Have an Admin online... Who can spot the hacking himself.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion