What do 'you' play? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's Hamma's fault
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-05-05, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

What do 'you' play?

In terms of infantry:

1.) Support - A: Medic - B: Engineer - C: Infiltrator

2.) Kill all the things - A: Heavy Assault - B: Light Assault

3.) MAX - A: Anti-Infantry - B: Anti-Vehicle - C: Anti-Air

Hopefully you infils don't get peeved about being labeled support, hard to fit you with your hacking ability and recon darts.

In terms of Vehicles:

1.) Air (ESF, Liberator)

2.) Ground (MBT, Lightning)

3.) Transport (Galaxies, Harasser's, Flash's.)

Along with the vehicle you find yourself using the most what loadouts do you tend to lean towards?

Kind of a hastily thrown together list but I'm curious what the good people on Connery like to play the most or end up playing the most.
Old 2013-05-05, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghodere
Corporal

Re: What do 'you' play?

Personally, every time I play I drive an AP Anchor Prowler. Dynamic tank combat, as found in PS1 and PS2, is something no other game really offers, and I adore it.
Old 2013-05-05, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Ghodere View Post
Dynamic tank combat, as found in PS1 and PS2
Are you sure ?

Part of the reason why I did not like PS2 is because tank combat felt boring and not dynamic at all.

Beauty does lie in the eye of the beholder.
Old 2013-05-06, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ghodere
Corporal

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
Are you sure ?

Part of the reason why I did not like PS2 is because tank combat felt boring and not dynamic at all.

Beauty does lie in the eye of the beholder.
Maybe not dynamic, exactly, but open-world, with differing force compositions every battle. I never feel that I've fought exactly this fight before, there's at least something different.
Old 2013-05-05, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

As infantry I play mainly Engineer. I love the quick play style of repping maxes and dropping ammo, and the weapons are really awesome at killing enemies.

For vehicles I really only use the Magrider myself. I love gunning stuff like libs, sundys, and using the sauron on the Mag top.
Old 2013-05-05, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
As infantry I play mainly Engineer. I love the quick play style of repping maxes and dropping ammo, and the weapons are really awesome at killing enemies.

For vehicles I really only use the Magrider myself. I love gunning stuff like libs, sundys, and using the sauron on the Mag top.
Kinda surprised you didn't say a lib or scythe Shock hehe. Then again I never really see you.

I've been playing engineer a lot recently as well as far as vehicles go I had hit cert cap and saved 'em for when the Harasser came out.

Absolutely adore it with the fury, here's to hoping it'll be loads of fun after the potential nerf.
Old 2013-05-05, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
Kinda surprised you didn't say a lib or scythe Shock hehe. Then again I never really see you.

I've been playing engineer a lot recently as well as far as vehicles go I had hit cert cap and saved 'em for when the Harasser came out.

Absolutely adore it with the fury, here's to hoping it'll be loads of fun after the potential nerf.
Ha,

Yeah honestly even though I'm the outfit leader of an outfit FULL of great scythe and lib pilots, I'm absolutely awful with both.

Grunting is my play style in this game, I love it and it's all I love doing. I go massively against the grain of my outfit, I know, but I can't control who I am!
Old 2013-05-06, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
Ha,

Yeah honestly even though I'm the outfit leader of an outfit FULL of great scythe and lib pilots, I'm absolutely awful with both.

Grunting is my play style in this game, I love it and it's all I love doing. I go massively against the grain of my outfit, I know, but I can't control who I am!
Aye, nothing wrong with being a Ground Pounder. We do the dying while they do the flying.

Old 2013-05-06, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I am a ground pounder. HA is my bread and butter class. My preferred weapon of choice is the NS-15M. I run full Nano and Resist shield along with maxed Health packs. You will almost always catch me running HA. I prefer the up front in your face style of combat that it provides.

As for vehicles I would say my vehicle of choice is the Sunder. I run max Blockade armor on that bad boy with dual Bull Dogs. Also with AMS fitted out on it. I like to do Meat wagon runs in it along with providing that extra bit of support if needed for re-spawns.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2013-05-06 at 06:34 AM.
Old 2013-05-06, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Infantry:
1. I play almost only support roles, meaning both Engineer and medic are well certed and played.
2. HA. I'd be at a loss without a good Anti-Armor weapon when fighting solo or in small groups. Also, excellent anti-infantry tool!
3. I don't roll MAX. Ever.

Vehicles:
1. Fine with both libs and ESFs.
2. I don't pull tanks. I just don't.
3. Sunderers and Flashes! I used to keep running out of Alloys. No Galaxies though, too weak and oriented for VERY large teams, which I don't command. So I don't pull Galaxies.

Sunderer with AMS and Mineguard/Stealth. Flash with Surger (I know better now), Stealth, and Scout Radar, as well as a Kobalt. Joined a Flash mob once and took down a Harasser xD

Trying to kill Flashes in a harasser is like trying to play Tennis against a Baseball pitcher machine. With dual barrels and a large magazine.
Old 2013-05-06, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

I try to play everything equally, though of late I find I am most frequently either a light assault or an engineer.

As for vehicles, I think I tend toward the sunderer or the mosquito most frequently. Either flying a fighter or driving a truck it seems. >.>

A favorite tactic of mine is to load auto-repair and fly a mossy as a Light Assault. That way if I get shot up too badly, I can bail and C-4 some dork. X3
Old 2013-05-06, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
dogmaovd
Private

Infantry:

I enjoy going on infiltrator and have fun on bases for small skirmishes or engineer mining the road and going to a position to bomb with AV turret and sniping at very long distances is a good way to relax for me

Right now I'm enjoying HA (Lots of weapons!) when I'm in a platoon vs platoon fight.

Ops night I do play all classes which is needed to maintain balance.

Manning a vehicle isn't one of my strong suit but I still manage.

Skyguard lightning is quite fun on events where you see swarms of air.

Sunderer! I just love to drive this thing and park it on an inconspicuous spot and go have some fun on a base away from the platoon.

I'm a crappy pilot, I try to practice more but the server just has too many skilled enemy pilots shooting me down fast.
Old 2013-05-06, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

I play almost exclusively Heavy and Engineer, I'd like to play MAX more, I maxed out it's Kinetic Armor and bought a ton of weapons for it but I don't use it as often as I would like.

Sunderer and Prowler easily. Love to battle-bus and Anchored Mode.
Old 2013-05-06, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
Hopefully you infils don't get peeved about being labeled support, hard to fit you with your hacking ability and recon darts.
No, there's no real Infiltrator role implemented in the game yet so it's not surprising you'd struggle to fit the class into your categories. It's for this reason I barely play at all, and likely won't do so until/if SOE restores the stealth, hacking, saboteur "Infiltrator" role to the class.
Old 2013-05-07, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Helwyr View Post
No, there's no real Infiltrator role implemented in the game yet so it's not surprising you'd struggle to fit the class into your categories. It's for this reason I barely play at all, and likely won't do so until/if SOE restores the stealth, hacking, saboteur "Infiltrator" role to the class.
Enough people seem to find a use for them when they unstealth and unload half a clip of an SMG into my back.

For added effect they may teabag. :<
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)