People bitching about the JH now? Wait till core combat... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: what do u mean there is no pie
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-17, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Caspertoo
Sergeant

Question People bitching about the JH now? Wait till core combat...

I had a thought, if core combat is supposed to be "urban settings", enclosed spaces and the such, won't this give the NC a huge advantage. This being because now at least you can try to keep your distance from the jackhammer users (basically every damn NC player, lets face it, what NC'er doesn't have heavy assault) but if everything is urban setting, like the inside of a base, well your just about fubar'd. He'll I guess I better go make a NC character.

After all its not like the numbers lie right now, NC for the most part always has the numbers over the TR and god help those poor poor bastard VS's. You just gotta feel sorry for em.
Old 2003-09-17, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Re: People bitching about the JH now? Wait till core combat...

Originally posted by Caspertoo
I had a thought, if core combat is supposed to be "urban settings", enclosed spaces and the such, won't this give the NC a huge advantage. This being because now at least you can try to keep your distance from the jackhammer users (basically every damn NC player, lets face it, what NC'er doesn't have heavy assault) but if everything is urban setting, like the inside of a base, well your just about fubar'd. He'll I guess I better go make a NC character.

After all its not like the numbers lie right now, NC for the most part always has the numbers over the TR and god help those poor poor bastard VS's. You just gotta feel sorry for em.

Hmmm.. i think all empires will have something to benifit them.
NC: Jackhammer(run up to you unload quick 3 shots and hide.)
VS: Lasher (point down a corridor, unload 20 rounds and retreat.)
TR: Plant that MAX at one end and just start firing!.

Old 2003-09-17, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Caspertoo
Sergeant

Best damn reply I've ever read, lol yes the lasher and pounder will have advantages too. But I don't know, the terrain seems better for NC grunts and maybe VS grunts far more than the average TR, MCG's just aren't great close up. Their kill time is 2x longer than the JH.
Old 2003-09-17, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Caspertoo
Best damn reply I've ever read, lol yes the lasher and pounder will have advantages too. But I don't know, the terrain seems better for NC grunts and maybe VS grunts far more than the average TR, MCG's just aren't great close up. Their kill time is 2x longer than the JH.
I would not say that... ive just seen the screen shots for core combat. Lots of high ledges, and larger spaces. This is where the pounder would be really effective. Imagine a pounder planted on a high up ledge overlooking a cavern area. It would dominate!.

Old 2003-09-17, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

i know 1 nc char that dont have heavy assult, stealthkiller, he doesnt even have med. assult.
Old 2003-09-17, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

That would explain why you have such a low kill count.

FYI, I've got AV, HA, and I've had Sniper, and SA. I've got over 2500 kills thanks to all these. I would not play ANY character without Medium Assault. Where the hell would I be without at least my Pulsar?
Old 2003-09-17, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Well from the cave screenshots that there are I would say that it won't really be a problem. You could even put a Mosquito in there I've seen it in one of the screenshots.
Old 2003-09-17, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

This being because now at least you can try to keep your distance from the jackhammer users (basically every damn NC player, lets face it, what NC'er doesn't have heavy assault).
Last time I checked Thott's site it was around 60% of NC on Emerald who didn't have HA but don't let me stop you from ranting.

P.S. I don't have HA.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-17, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

I would think that HA is a *MUST* for any grunt!.

ps: I have HA

Old 2003-09-17, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ViperGTS
Banned

I also dont heavy assult(ya i know i spelled it wrong)...Im happy with my gauss...i hate the jackhammer...its stupid and ugly...
Old 2003-09-17, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
FireWolf22
Sergeant

Everyone

Me and my GirlFriend play. Neither of us have HA. I used it one time. Hated the JH, I killed like 5 peeps with it and died like 15 times. Most of the fighting was outside and I could never get close enough to use the JH to any good. Was up against the TR MCG and the VS lasher.

Also I don't know about the other Servers, but on Konried the TR have the numbers by far. They zerged like hell last night. Had Massive forces on forseral in 4 different bases at the sametime. Where also taking our Locked Conts with no problem last night. I know that one time I respawned in one of the bases to a camping of 30+ peeps. Three to Four were maxes. Was shot one time coming out of a tower door from 12 different directions. I counted the tracers, cause they wouldn't stop shooting the MCG's at me.

Sorry for the rant I had a crappy night last night on PS. We had 4 conts for 30 min and then the TR. I was getting pretty pissed off.

Wolf
Old 2003-09-17, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
BDMJ
First Sergeant

I think the VS will have an advantage with their maxes mobility in the caverns. Even if they have weaker weapons than the TR and NC maxes (only slightly worse than the NC) their mobility would ensure them complete access to any part of the cavern. You could not run from them, and because the caverns are enclosed, you will eventually be trapped.
Old 2003-09-17, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Cease
First Sergeant

I agree with Shadowseed -- every Empire will have their advantages in Core Combat.
Old 2003-09-17, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
PallarAndersVis
Private

i think the lasher will have an advantage as well. the lasher doesnt do well in outdoor fights because you pretty much need to hit the enemy dead on with the ball of energy to do significant damage, and the ball travels so slow that its really hard to do. I find it easier to hit enemies with the lasher indoors, they have fewer places to strafe
Old 2003-09-17, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Aen
First Sergeant

Hey Happy lil' Elf/whoever knows,

What is the address for that site?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion