MW3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Failure to vote in poll will result in death.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2011-08-19, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

MW3

Does anyone else feel this game is going to be absolute garbage?

EDIT: I phrased it wrong, I forgot about other peoples opinions(like they matter anyway, lol) What I meant was does anyone else think that the gameplay that MW3 encourages isn't fun.

For example: Quick scoping.
to me a sniper isnt meant to be used sprinting around a map doing 360 jumpshots with. your supposed to hide and wait for that one shot.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by krnasaur; 2011-08-19 at 10:29 AM.
Old 2011-08-19, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Graywolves
General

Re: MW3

Seeing weapons change all the time in Black Ops makes me care little for MW3 online.
Old 2011-08-19, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Krowe
Sergeant

COD has been pretty bad since 3, nothing new really.
Old 2011-08-19, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Krowe View Post
COD has been pretty bad since 3, nothing new really.
This. They keep putting out the same game and people keep buying it.
Old 2011-08-19, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Raymac
Brigadier General

I actually kind of dig the single player campaigns for COD. The multiplayer, well, you either love it or hate it. I got almost a good year out of MW2, but each session usually ended in a rage quit due to some hacker. I thought I'd play Black Ops more than I did, but it got old quick for me. So I'll probably end up picking up MW3 for the single player experience.

Old 2011-08-19, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Honestly, blackops took a step in the right direction,

-removed quickscoping(game ruiner for MW2 IMO)
weakened killstreaks (the high-end ones were still pretty strong, but the 7kills and less ---were considerably weaker, and they didnt chain, I loved that)
-introduced a new feature which was fun(cod points/wager matches)
-balanced the perks better

If they can keep improving on that then I think it MAY be able to outshine BF3(still a pretty slim chance). Sadly, from what I have seen Infinity Ward is taking another step into the wrong direction. :/
Old 2011-08-21, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by krnasaur View Post
If they can keep improving on that then I think it MAY be able to outshine BF3(still a pretty slim chance).

Modern Warfare 3 will still sell more because of all the 7 year olds that beg for the game for christmas. However, MW3 will be the same pile of crap cookie-cutter game it has always been ever since CoD4. The campaigns have gotten worse with each game, and there are no changes to the multiplayer except different killstreaks. Battlefield 3 will sell less, but the mature community, teamwork, and actually fun gameplay will leave MW3 in the dust.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2011-08-21 at 12:23 AM.
Old 2011-08-21, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Xaine
Major

The Sniper mission in COD:MW is one of my favourite levels in any game, ever.

So well scripted, so well done - just brilliant. Yes its obvious its designed so its hard to fail, but it really is like watching a movie - but you're controlling the hero.

The COD:MW multiplayer was brilliant, the MW2 multiplayer was good as well, kept me playing for ages. The Black Ops multiplayer is ruined by the spawning. The spawning in the game is so fucking terrible i'm AMAZED it got past alpha. Its like they just forgot to add more spawn points to the maps.

You can spawn, run forward for 2 seconds, then get shot in the back by someone on the OTHER TEAM who spawned in the exact same place you did. This is common as well, not some rare bug.

If they can get their shit together, and get a game that actually works. Then we'll have a winner.
Old 2011-08-23, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
The Black Ops multiplayer is ruined by the spawning. The spawning in the game is so fucking terrible i'm AMAZED it got past alpha. Its like they just forgot to add more spawn points to the maps.

You can spawn, run forward for 2 seconds, then get shot in the back by someone on the OTHER TEAM who spawned in the exact same place you did. This is common as well, not some rare bug.
Yeah, I think that may have been one of the main reasons why I played the BO multiplayer a crapload less than MW2. Despite all of MW2 flaws, and the direct improvements BO made to those flaws (like killstreak stacking), the spawning really killed it for me. I know they did it to fix the issue of getting spawn locked, but I'll take getting spawn locked all day over getting shot in the back right after I spawn.

Like I said before, I'll probably pick it up for the single player, even if it is shorter than my dick after a swim in Lake Tahoe.

Old 2011-08-20, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Krowe
Sergeant

The story is stellar for most, they just keep getting shorter.

The problem really is everything else tbh.
Old 2011-08-20, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

^^^ The multiplayer failings have relegated MW to pure Gamefly for me. I'll gladly eat the story no matter how silly and Hollywood it gets and send that bad boy back.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-23, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

I still don't understand why they make the campaigns so short.
Old 2011-08-23, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by krnasaur View Post
I still don't understand why they make the campaigns so short.
More profit. The longer the campaign, the more expensive it is to produce, the less money you make. Millions of people still buy it anyways. Plus they can justify it by saying "well the multiplayer is free".

Old 2011-08-23, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

CoD:4 was awesome in the same way a half gallon of chocolate icecream is awesome.
MW2 killed any good will I had for the series for reasons of spawning and balance.
Not planning on buying any future CoD.
Old 2011-08-24, 03:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

This video needs subtitles, I can barely understand what is coming out of that fucking guy's mouth. If you can't speak, please don't make videos of you doing so.

Anyways, MW3 is just going to be a rehash of the same game that was released 4 years ago and they will continue to do that because idiots pay gobs of money to them every year. CoD is fun for a nice pick up and play type game, anyone can do well in it and it can be simple and addictive. But it really irks me that so many companies thing that's the only way to go for a modern FPS design and that's why the general gaming industry fails ass today. Everything is emulating another's concept and there's no original ideas anymore.

It's a sterile and boring environment.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion