Magrider Fixed Gun - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your mother...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the new fixed turret on the Magrider?
I play as VS and like the new fixed turret 7 17.95%
I play as VS and prefer a swivel turret like the NC and TR 11 28.21%
I play as VS and prefer a swivel top and a tank that's more similar to the NC and TR 1 2.56%
I don't play as the VS and like the new fixed turret 8 20.51%
I don't play as the VS and prefer a swivel turret like the NC and TR 5 12.82%
I don't play as VS and prefer a swivel top and a tank that's more similar to the NC and TR 1 2.56%
Other opinion 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-19, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sirisian
Colonel

Magrider Fixed Gun

Not much of a discussion unless people really feel strongly, but how do you guys feel about the Magrider having a fixed turret rather than a conventional swivel turret?

Personally I wanted the Magrider to be more like a regular tank. (I'm not a fan of ES tanks really). Just give it an energy shell and put it on par with the other tanks regarding handling. The whole walk over water thing irked me also since it was so different than the other tanks. I'd prefer the hover system work more like the other tanks. Meaning it rotates slower and only has fast acceleration going forward.

I think this is a good time to list your support/complaints so the devs see them.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-09-20 at 03:01 PM.
Old 2011-09-19, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: Magrider Fixed Gun

FFs, would you stop making pointless threats? There already is one about this topic, heck you even POSTED IN IT!
Old 2011-09-19, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sirisian
Colonel

Woah you're fast. Took me a few seconds to make a poll. Also yeah not much a discussion. Just curious.

I wish forum systems allowed you to add polls to already made discussions. It would make things so much easier.
Old 2011-09-19, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by basti View Post
FFs, would you stop making pointless threats? There already is one about this topic, heck you even POSTED IN IT!
If threads are so pointless why do you even care to post in them
Old 2011-09-20, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
CutterJohn
Colonel

Woo Battlezone tanks!

Though they better fix that squirrelyness hover vehicles had in ps1, where it had no dampening and you'd just keep spinning with hands off the controls. Made aiming the ppc a bitch.

But its seriously going to be a bitch to balance.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2011-09-20 at 12:15 AM.
Old 2011-09-20, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bags
Lieutenant General

Wait, what's the evidence for this?
Old 2011-09-20, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Wait, what's the evidence for this?
T-Ray confirmed our suspicions via twitter. The conversation is mostly in that thread. I was just curious what people thought via a poll mostly because I feel rather strongly about this. Magrider doesn't really feel like a tank for me anymore. Feels more like a specialized laser vehicle. I actually wasn't sure until T-Ray made his post. I thought maybe each empire was getting some kind of fixed forward weapon thing.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-09-20 at 12:54 AM.
Old 2011-09-20, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
klu
Corporal

the hover tank from bf2142 worked fine this way. im not sure if i was driving and using the main gun i would want it to swivel. if they come to their senses and make ps1 style tank crews then obviously a fixed turret wouldnt work.
Old 2011-09-20, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Brusi
Contributor
Major

I have to change my settings to be able to hit anything when using the pilot gun in the current magrider.

I don't care at all, as long as it isn't stupidly difficult to aim/fire. In theory, it should be easier!

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2011-09-20, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Raymac
Brigadier General

EDIT: Delete. Realized I was dumb.

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-20, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Siri, this is a dumb thread.

The reason the gun is fixed is because they gave the driver the main gun. Just like PS1, only a more powerful gun and probably a better angle.

Every other tank has turn only, so the swivel on the turret is natural. Mag has turn & strafe, rendering it not needed.

As someone else pointed out they did the same thing for BF2142 because of the same issue - when the can can both turn and strafe (like a player) they have to lock the turret just as a player's gun is locked. They could add another set of turn keys specifically for the magrider but ultimately that would just make it more difficult to drive and aim than the other tanks and you'd end up with sub-par performance overall.

Turn + strafe + swivel is 3 degrees of movement. You only need 2 in order to have an effective tank, and more than 2 makes it hard to use.

Hover tank worked great in BF2142 like this, and it was exactly the way the driver gun in PS1 operated so no real change here other than that gun is now PEEEEEEW------PEEEEEEEEW------PEEEEEEEEW instead of pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew.
Old 2011-09-20, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Graywolves
General

Swivel top like the original magrider.
Old 2011-09-20, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Azren
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Siri, this is a dumb thread.

The reason the gun is fixed is because they gave the driver the main gun. Just like PS1, only a more powerful gun and probably a better angle.

Every other tank has turn only, so the swivel on the turret is natural. Mag has turn & strafe, rendering it not needed.

As someone else pointed out they did the same thing for BF2142 because of the same issue - when the can can both turn and strafe (like a player) they have to lock the turret just as a player's gun is locked. They could add another set of turn keys specifically for the magrider but ultimately that would just make it more difficult to drive and aim than the other tanks and you'd end up with sub-par performance overall.

Turn + strafe + swivel is 3 degrees of movement. You only need 2 in order to have an effective tank, and more than 2 makes it hard to use.

Hover tank worked great in BF2142 like this, and it was exactly the way the driver gun in PS1 operated so no real change here other than that gun is now PEEEEEEW------PEEEEEEEEW------PEEEEEEEEW instead of pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew.
Why do you compare PS tank to BF tanks? In any game where the driver got to use the main gun, the gunner position was only there for show - nobody every got in. Do you want a game where everyone runs around as one man war machine, or a game where you have to coordinate and plan your moves? Drivers should only get a small AI gun at best, leave the gunners do the rest.
Old 2011-09-20, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Azren
Sergeant Major

Well if they make it driver operated main gun, I will have to quit playing VS afterall. I do not like this one bit.

Still holding out _some_ hope for the thresher, but not much
Old 2011-09-20, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Azren View Post
Well if they make it driver operated main gun, I will have to quit playing VS afterall. I do not like this one bit.

Still holding out _some_ hope for the thresher, but not much
You are not paying attention, they want to make all tank main guns driver-operated
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion