Lancer NEEDS to be buffed. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Drivers wanted
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-16, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Doop
Major

Lancer NEEDS to be buffed.

As we know, us TR have the almighty Striker, and NC have the godlike Pheonix, whereas VS just sit there with their toy popgun, the Lancer. Jesus, does it suck. Dumbfire, extremely weak, etc. They need to at least make it be able to track onto vehcs like the Striker, or greatly improve it's damage.

It has to be the worst AV weapon, MAX, anything. I find it useless for nothing. The only thing it could be of use for is an abandoned Wraith.
Old 2003-09-16, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

"godlike phoenix" uh....

Phoenix is easily one of the weaker AV out there. But still, hold off on the bitching until balence-pass.
Old 2003-09-16, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

You're kidding right? I've been a Striker user for a while, and I played a barney AV today and was awe-struck by the Lancer's power.

I wish TR had Lancer instead of Striker. No joke.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-09-16, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Lancer probably needs an infantry damage reduction and an armor damage increase, but they are no joke as they are now. They are the only AV weapon that can take out a MAX in 1 magazine, and can acutaly hit the faster moveing vehicles and aircraft(if you're good/lucky).

Lets see what the ballance sweep does for us.
Old 2003-09-16, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Indecisive
Major General

I play vanu. The only complaint i have about the lancer is how frickin big the cells are. Lol.

Yeah. The lancer requires skill something that the other empires AV weps dont. Get over it. VS will always be required to use skill instead of BS weapons. *cough striker cough*

And dont say it cant hit aircraft...they dont want it to hit aircraft, they are modding them so they are pointed at the ground, not the air.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

VS will always be required to use skill instead of BS weapons.
*cough* lawnmower *cough*
Old 2003-09-16, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Harps
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Incompetent
*cough* lawnmower *cough*
Its kinda funny how thats the only thing any1 can bring up about vs... If they do ever fix anything about the mag running people over they better make the cannon hell of a lot stronger
Old 2003-09-16, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Indecisive
Major General

Like you dont run over people in a prowler or vanguard?

If that damn gun on the front of the mag was worth a shit then there wouldnt be so many mow downs. After all, it does a good amount of damage to the tank it self.

On that note *cough mag rail beam takes skill*

*cough striker dosent*
*cough MCG doesnt*
*cough Pounder doesnt*
*cough groundpounder doesnt*
*cough cycler dosent (best MA where most everyone fights...indoors*
*cough Prowler 100mm guns dont, compaired to the rail beam of the mag*

Did i miss anything ?

Old 2003-09-16, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I actually like the Lancer as it is. I haven't been using the cert that long, but I think I've already got the hang of it and I've had no problem shooting even aircraft with it. It's great for tower defense and supporting an assault. I got no complaints about it.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sputty
Banned

Originally posted by Harps
Its kinda funny how thats the only thing any1 can bring up about vs... If they do ever fix anything about the mag running people over they better make the cannon hell of a lot stronger
The spam Lasher?...

Anyway, don't say a certain weapon needs "skill" to use because you used it
I used all 3 AV weapons and they all had their strengths. I don't see what's hard about hitting stuff with the Lancer though
Old 2003-09-16, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
oosik
Sergeant

The lancer is great. If I get targeted by a lancer user in my burster max (and max range on lancer exceeds that of a burster) I have very little time to get under cover before I am dead. As for its anti-infantry ability...I was on oshur last night, behind a tree in agile with sweeper shotgun. A lancer guy was about 10 meters away. I surged and got six shots off with the shotgun and the lancer killed me. Now that is great anti-infantry capability.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Wow...

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Doop
Major

The First Annual Knife Dueling Tournament!

Yep. Our favorite thing to do when bored. When you're waiting for those fifteen minutes on the hack in the CC room, the only thing you can do to pass the time. Knife duel!

It will be held on the 8th, Thursday, at 6pm EST. Exclusively to Emerald players, however all of you non-Emerald people can easily make an Emerald char just for the tournament (No certs required). All empires are welcome, but are to accept a treaty not to damage anyone unless dueling. A total of 48 people can compete.

The location is not yet confirmed. Most likely on Forseral due to the flat terrain.

Rules:

1. No shooting. We will gather in one place to hold this event. No matter if the competants are enemies, you are not to hurt them unless dueling.

2. Must be in the Agile Exo-suit. If two competetors have Reinforced Exosuit, and agree to using it, they may use that.

3. The knives will be on primary or secondary mode due to the agreement of the competetors.

Hopefully everyone will be mature enough to do something like this. Maybe we can actually pull this off without an idiot coming in with a Lib and bombing us all.

More information soon.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

my courpse char had av weps and i felt that all the phoinex was good for was sniping snipers.
the vs have by my oppinion the best av wepon. i would say the tr but it has 1 problem. the god damn beeping.
yes i do know it has a second mode where it dosent beep, but u have 2 change it back when u want 2 shoot vechicals.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sputty
Banned

Re: The First Annual Knife Dueling Tournament!

Originally posted by Doop
Maybe we can actually pull this off without a cool guy coming in with a Lib and bombing us all.
That would be me
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion