SOE does not intend to listen to feedback. Time for another method? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I died in my sphere of influence.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-01-26, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
SOE does not intend to listen to feedback. Time for another method?

Firstly a note: I hate to promote something like this, as it seems a little drastic, but I see no other recourse available to us as the evidence outlined below has made clear (for me, at least).

A few things I've noticed that concern me make it pretty clear that despite voting on the ps2 forums on the roadmap being well underway and some ideas being far less popular than others - and still having an overall negative rating now - SOE does not intend to listen or pay attention. They will, as usual, steamroll ahed with things.

See things such as the outfit tournements that are at best divisive in the community, and are at worst simply pandering to BR3/CoD/Moh crowd. Outfit tournaments are something Smedly has said he views as being the only real way to make Esports work in ps2.

So, despite this, our votes mean NOTHING. All it is, is ANOTHER PR gig.

so, things like supply contains and fb/twitter integration, which are both hilariously and wildly unpopular, will likely make it in anyway.

This is par for the course with SOE, and they've likely made their minds up anyway on most/all of this. They did this with BFRs, and the same thing will happen with this MLG bullshit. So, instead of speaking, I propose giving them the actual metrics.

The solution:

Those who see this pattern and agree, STOP LOGGING IN. Even if you currently play and are concerned about this: DO NOT LOG IN. Boycott the game and force SOE to see that this is no longer acceptable and will not be tolerated by the community. This is how they will listen, most people think that content in a game like this is made up of bases, gens, turrets, etc. The real content? Players. Actual humans fighting one another in a virtual battlefield.

If you are a leader of an organised outfit, pass this around and get people to simply not log in for a week or three. If enough people do it, they will be forced to see what they stand to lose.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-26, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: SOE does not intend to listen to feedback. Time for another method?

Ah, good old pointman is back with his random clueless rabble.

You are just another person who doesnt understand Esports at all, and how they interact with PS2...

edit: just ask ANYONE of the folks who participated in the original Outfit wars. THATS what we are talking about here. NOT 24/7 instanced combat that takes people away from the main game. Thats exaclty whats NOT going to happen, as stated several times by Several devs.

Get
A
Clue
!

Last edited by basti; 2013-01-26 at 02:31 PM.
Old 2013-01-26, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by basti View Post

You are just another person who doesnt understand Esports at all, and how they interact with PS2...

edit: just ask ANYONE of the folks who participated in the original Outfit wars. THATS what we are talking about here. NOT 24/7 instanced combat that takes people away from the main game. Thats exaclty whats NOT going to happen, as stated several times by Several devs.

Get
A
Clue
!
You mad your pet ideas are being hilariously downvoted?

Btw, I participated in the outfit wars. I STILL disagree with this.

Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2013-01-26 at 02:35 PM.
Old 2013-01-26, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
You mad your pet ideas are being hilariously downvoted?

Btw, I participated in the outfit wars. I STILL disagree with this.
Im not.

Its due to two reasons: presentation, and content.

I didnt present my stuff very well, and the content isnt what people want it seems.

Im giving it another go with a proper text based presentation. Once the time is right. :>
Old 2013-01-26, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post

Get
A
Clue
!
Well, the point I was making with my tweet was that I don't like the instanced idea. It's part of that roadmap, instances. If there are instances, I don't mind if it's instances where there's a stadium setting and people of the very same faction are fighting on teams, making this truly e-sports. They'd essentially be playing laser-tag. They'd have different weapons.

What irks me is having members of different factions gathering together for a fun sport while the war rages around them. That's just odd. Story matters a lot. It's part of why I like Planetside. Throw that away and you might as well all be robots painted different team colors, fighting each other for no reason in the middle of a grey and featureless facility.
Old 2013-01-26, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

I'm all for a good boycott, but, Player numbers were rapidly decreasing after launch, not so sure what they are like now after the UES so who knows.
Also i thought the Roadmap was voting for PRIORITY of what goes in aka higher votes is implemented first.

Old 2013-01-26, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by LoliLoveFart View Post
Also i thought the Roadmap was voting for PRIORITY of what goes in aka higher votes is implemented first.
That or just to serve as an indicator of sorts as to what sort of content people like.
Personally I don't really get the point about voting for some of the things. Does it matter if people downvote the new continent? It's still going to be added in and so will the rest of them, whenever they are ready.

The voting system was never meant to be something where we could directly influence their choices, they even point that out.
This critique seems rather pointless really.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-01-26, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
That or just to serve as an indicator of sorts as to what sort of content people like.
In other words, "Your opinions mean fuck all, htfu and deal with it".

if its already decided, why bother with this farce?

Imo, if SOE were to listen, they'd be willing to rethink and trash ideas that aren't wanted.

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
So, um, the tweets are dated Jan 13. That was before the roadmap announcement.
imo, he had his opinion made up before beta even began. date means nothing.

Last edited by p0intman; 2013-01-26 at 02:44 PM.
Old 2013-01-26, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Imo, if SOE were to listen, they'd be willing to rethink and trash ideas that aren't wanted.
Well I can't say that I fully know either. I would guess that some of the ideas are more up for grabs than others. I could see them changing their views on say... Achievements, future class/vehicle redesigning, based on our feedback.
I do agree that many of the changes just seem strange to have people vote on.
I can only guess of what use it is having us up/down vote something like tutorial, SMG, continent locking, tournament features etc.
I have to wonder why they care whether or not we really [dis]like something they've been working on for months or weeks and that's going to be added no matter what.

I wouldn't go as far and claim that they aren't interested in our feedback since we've seen more than one update which included changes based on feedback. The road map also features changes that we've suggested/demanded in the past.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-01-26 at 02:59 PM.
Old 2013-01-26, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

imo, he had his opinion made up before beta even began. date means nothing.

Actually, date means a lot.

Thanks to the MLG announcmen and the roadmap, SOE now actually knows what players think, as opposed to listen to the very few comments we made (as it never was a hot topic until now).

Will it still happen? I bloddy hope so, because its the right thing to do. Its really not a question of "should it", but "how should it". Make sure it doesnt affect the main game much or even at all, means dont allow outfits to 24/7 hop into instances and completly avoid the actual game. Let them just be in there for events, and events only. Only if SOE gets them into a Instance people can get in.

And thats whats likley going to happen. Why? because the community said so AGES ago, and SOE actually does listen, you are just to blind to see it.
Old 2013-01-27, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I don't have a lot of faith in SOE and sofar PS2 hasn't really done anything to revitalize it. This Roadmap thing could have done it though, but as usual, SOE doesn't really care what we think unless we already agree on something.

Old 2013-01-26, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Crator
Major General

Old 2013-01-26, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
lol.
/facepalm

Check the number before the Jan 13 part.
Old 2013-01-26, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
lol.
/facepalm

Yeah I didn't tweet that Jan 13th.
Old 2013-01-26, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
lol.
/facepalm

Good call. /faceplam indeed...

If e-sports bring in more people to play the game so be it. More people the better imo. If it doesn't work, then what do I care.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion