Dont think the HA should be able to fly. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will the staff get mad at reading all these cheesy quotes?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-16, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Purple
Sergeant Major

Dont think the HA should be able to fly.

Clerg just confirmed that all classes (not the MAX) can fly aircraft. this open up the ability for engineers to repair their own aircraft and get back in the air quickly like in PS1. however the issue i see is that it allows HA to be able to bail from aircraft and attack with their AV. it also allows HA to get ontop of towers without needing teamwork. i think they should remove HA from the pool of classes that can fly aircraft. Wondering what the PSU community thinks.

Edit: i am not suggesting that HA will use aircraft as something they bail from when they get to their destination. When i implied they could use it to get onto of towers i thought they would land on the landing pads not just bail somewhere over the towers.

Last edited by Purple; 2012-06-16 at 11:45 PM.
Old 2012-06-16, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Re: Dont think the HA should be able to fly.

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
Clerg just confirmed that all classes (not the MAX) can fly aircraft. this open up the ability for engineers to repair their own aircraft and get back in the air quickly like in PS1. however the issue i see is that it allows HA to be able to bail from aircraft and attack with their AV. it also allows HA to get ontop of towers without needing teamwork. i think they should remove HA from the pool of classes that can fly aircraft. Wondering what the PSU community thinks.
It was a good thing back then and it's a good thing now. Still, most pilots will be Light Assault.
Old 2012-06-16, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

That really doesn't make sense... why? There should be a dedicated pilot class for aircraft, or at least Light Assault IMO. Especially if the aircraft has a bailing mechanism, it'll be a worse scenario than in PS1. I'd prefer agiles with jackhammers bailing compared to Rexo's with much larger guns. Even in ground vehicles, the driver shouldn't be able to use anything bigger than LA unless it's an open top vehicle.

Is it just another way to make the BF crowd feel at home?

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-06-16 at 07:12 PM.
Old 2012-06-16, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

Can we get one thread without blaming the Battlefield players? Please?

That being said, I agree with your concern. I'm just wondering if the lowered TTK will make it easier to deal with a solo Heavy Assault or harder. That's discounting the possibility of a whole squad of them doing the same thing as well, though, and if they have the ejector seat... not good.

It might be a good idea to at least prevent them from flying air vehicles. At least make them ride in the back of a liberator. No dedicated piloting class, though, and I don't personally see a problem with them driving ground vehicles.

EDIT: Mazinkasie also has a point... it could be a legitimate tactic. I don't know, we should see how it plays before we call nerf I guess.
Old 2012-06-16, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

No, let them fly it, but reduce their maneuverability and control appropriately for wearing such heavy armor. Ensure they will be flying... sitting ducks.

Old 2012-06-16, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

As long as it's medic's or engi's job to dispense ammo (or the ammo packs are consumables), and not HA's, bailing with HA is fine.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TheInferno View Post
Can we get one thread without blaming the Battlefield players? Please?
No.
Old 2012-06-16, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
FuzzyandBlue
Corporal

I think this problem is balanced by the fact that vehicles are not free. Sure I can hop into a vehicle and bail out, but I waste x amount of a resource. At this time we don't know how much any vehicles will cost, as far as resources go.

Also the only way, based on the E3 footage, to bail out of an aircraft safely is to get an ejection seat. Otherwise you die on impact with a solid surface. I find it hard to believe that even the most skilled pilots will be able to bail out of their aircraft in a combat situation and land in an advantageous position.

As of right now I don't see any problem with every class but MAX being able to pilot aircraft.
Old 2012-06-17, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
That really doesn't make sense... why? There should be a dedicated pilot class for aircraft, or at least Light Assault IMO. Especially if the aircraft has a bailing mechanism, it'll be a worse scenario than in PS1. I'd prefer agiles with jackhammers bailing compared to Rexo's with much larger guns. Even in ground vehicles, the driver shouldn't be able to use anything bigger than LA unless it's an open top vehicle.

Is it just another way to make the BF crowd feel at home?
*ehrm*

I know I'm relatively new here, but what exactly is wrong with the "BF Crowd"
Old 2012-06-17, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
FuzzyandBlue
Corporal

Its seems like a lot of people here think that the HA is going to be way over powered. From the E3 footage a HA goes down pretty quickly when in a firefight. It looked like they could take 1-2 more shots than a LA, 3-4 if they used their over shield. Beyond that the rockets are not a one hit kill to aircraft. Also a boosting aircraft can outrun the rocket.

The only time I see a HA bailing out of his aircraft and destroying the guy that shot him down is if the guy that shot him down comes back to get the kill and eats a rocket to the face. In which case I have no problem with that.
Old 2012-06-17, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
i would be hoping repair pads are back in.
I don't know if they're out, I thought the pads at the air towers would work as repair pads. No reason we can't have both and the Engineer can just set down anywhere and repair.

Originally Posted by thegreekboy View Post
*ehrm*

Some of the vets blame every change that makes the game more like Battlefield or that makes the game more "accessible" as catering to the inferior people known as "Battlefield players", who never had the glorious life-changing experience of playing Planetside, and who obviously do not know anything about what Planetside 2 should be like. Not all the vets, not even most, but some.

It's basically the forums version of "Them Irish are stealing our jobs!" or what have you. I can't blame them for it, though, as much as I dislike it. Considering they stuck around this long, they have a huge attachment to Planetside (which from what I saw of it was a game I wish I had played myself) and the way some people come in and say "We should throw in win conditions and make it Call of Battlefield Online" (not many, mind you, but some people do go really ridiculous in saying how it should be exactly like other AAA shooters). It's just it has a bad tendency to overflow onto anyone who says things they honestly think would improve Planetside 2 that people think "dumbs down" the game.

Originally Posted by StumpyTheOzzie View Post
No.
Ah, well. I'll get used to it, I guess. At least I can look forward to the day we're all Planetside 2 players, eh?
Old 2012-06-17, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
brinkdadrink
Corporal

Main reasons I dont mind:

- You can not bail from an aircraft like in PS1 - you will continue at same speed and will die.
- The ejector seat you can add might limit to only light armour

- to get out you have to land which takes time and makes you a target so its unlikely you are going to do it in the middle of combat.

- Planes now cost resources and a timer so they will not be wildly wasted like they were in PS1

The only time HA matters when flying is when they get out and because of the reasons listed I do not think it will affect game play all that much.
Old 2012-06-17, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by thegreekboy View Post
BF players are the same as MW players around here. Really, the only ones who think they are different are BF and MW players. They are both REALLY casual games with gimmicky gameplay and mechanics.
Old 2012-06-17, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I completely disagree with HA being able to pilot aircraft. I thought the whole point this go around was to cut down on the mossie drop bs we saw in ps1 and now we want to give them Rexo?? I can't wait to see a whole platoon of HA Rexo's bail out onto a tower or onto a objective. It's going to be redicoulosly op. Trust me when I say people will spec into the eject mechanism for the reaver,mossy or scythe just to do this. Way to op of a ability to have HA as pilots imo. They need to keep it to agile.

You need to ask yourself what's the point in even having the galaxy as a troop transport if you are going to allow this..

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-06-17 at 09:34 AM.
Old 2012-06-16, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

I think it's more a way to let the PS crowd feel more at home... the only real difference is you've got guys with R-Exo armor jumping out. Agile could carry HA/AV, as well as glue guns and Med applicators, y'know.

Not really seeing the problem.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion