What about the new guys??? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Still waiting to see Hamma nudes...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-16, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Toften
Private

Talking What about the new guys???

well..... I'm starting to get a bit pissed on those RAM prices... so I still haven't got the game... YET!

Question!!

The game has been out for some time now, and many people are very skilled players.
So, how welcome are the new guys to the game...? are skilled teams recruiting newb's to train them, or will newcommers be forced to join other newbies or go lone wolfing??

See... I don't wonna go and buy a game and pay monthly for lone wolfing.... I can do that in many other games...

WILL anyone recruit me??
Old 2003-09-16, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

well "noobs" as we call them are some what welcome. just dont start off clicking instant action when u start unless u want tells of "u stupid noob get 2 the eq term and change." they will know becuse some ppl have the name and outfit applied. if u join my server and the nc, i could give u an invite 2 my outfit. just send 1 of my chars. a /tell when u are on.
Old 2003-09-16, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Toften
Private

well.... I would like to team up with someone when i get the game.... but, I've heard that the game needs so much RAM!

So untill the prices falls back down (to around 500 danish kroner) I'll just have to wait for that glorious day
Old 2003-09-16, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I have 540 RAM and the game runs fine. When I get into zerg territory or the big battles for bases I get around 15 FPS...Thats not that bad because my outfit try and stay ahead of the zerg so we keep the lag down to a minimum. If I have about 1 GIG of RAM I would be set for big battles.

Old 2003-09-16, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Toften
Private

so.... what your saying is, that the game will run nicly? even with 512Mb pc2700 DDR Ram??? (that's what I got)

then what will happen in big battles??? big lag???
Old 2003-09-16, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Yes, Big Battles will lag but if you could, join my utfit and you won't experience much lag ever at all with us. We try to avoid it where possible.

Old 2003-09-16, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
GeistX
Contributor
Corporal

Generally it seems new people to the game are very welcome, and a lot of the Squad Leaders I play with don't mind having a new person and helping them learn the ropes. It takes patience on both ends. Being a lone wolf initially isn't necessarily a bad thing, it allows you to hang in the back, watch and observe and get the feel for things and what others are doing. Then join a few squads, learn the group aspect, this will allow you to find a few friends and this can ultimately lead to joining an outfit.

The only time I haven't seen new people welcome is when they do things to generally annoy people (i.e. getting an ANT in sanctuary and running down people who are outside). But to be fair even some 'old timers' are guilty of this.
Old 2003-09-16, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Toften
Private

WELL!!!!! I guess Im sold

I'm gonna go down and get the game on friday... PAYDAY

YAY!!!

guess I see u on friday on, ehh, what server is best???
Old 2003-09-16, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

If you wanted to join my outfit, we play on Emerald for the Emipre of TR.

Old 2003-09-17, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Toften
Private

for real?? can i realy join u guys? ("SilverLord")

so.... where will I have to go to find u guys?
Old 2003-09-17, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Or if you join Vanu, and your dedicated, which is all my Outfit requires, look for me, or Alicairo, or Mordaloch. Or anyone else in The Black Tower
Old 2003-09-17, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Toften, it really depends on which empire YOU want to play. If you want to play TR, come to Emerald. Vanu, I would say Werner. NC, Emerald, they are always dominating. If you decide to go TR on my server, let me know. My in-game name is SilverLord.

Old 2003-09-17, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Toften
Private

okay SilverLord.... I'll join u... but as I said, I'm kinda broke but will get some money on friday, so how can i contact u on friday?
Old 2003-09-17, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Yeah new people are welcome. People won't start to laugh at them cause they're new (it'll show) but a lot of people won't help them either. A lot of the less big outfits like the smaller less known ones without sites and stuff will recruit almost anyone. I'm Chief Master along with my another for my outfit (it's the rank right under outfit leader) so if you are looking for a good TR outfit on Emerald send me a PM.
Old 2003-09-17, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Nice Toften. On friday, I won't be home till about 11 o' clock EST because I have a football game. My game name is SilverLord. If your name is going to be Toften, then I will message you. But at like 11 EST, send me a message. You do this by typing:

/tell SilverLord Hello

Thats how. See you online.

P.S. You might want to grab Teamspeak also. www.teamspeak.org

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion