Planetside Statistics (not the website) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bill Gates is the Devil, and someone just ate Apple!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-06, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
FalconFC
Private

Planetside Statistics (not the website)

Okay this is my first 'Real' thread on the forums so forgive me if i sound noobish...

I've compiled a very big list of stats and equations for planetside infromation called 'Planetside Stats' (catchy title, eh? ). It has just about everything from the oh-so-buffed Beamer, all the way up to the Galaxy dropship. Special abilites and secondry fire modes arn't yet included *just* yet.

If you could have a look and tell me what you think i would be most gratefull. Here is the link:

Planetside Stats Version 1.1

The link is clean and has no virus's or Trojans. Its just a .zip file with a spreadsheet and text file in it.

Thanks

Falcon

Last edited by Ghryphen; 2004-03-07 at 03:28 PM.
Old 2004-03-06, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rayder
General

Misc Info

You forgot the [] around the first url.
Old 2004-03-06, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
FalconFC
Private

Thanks Raydar. Just edited it.
Old 2004-03-06, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

404-Page not found.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-06, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

Looks pretty nice. Couple of comments, though. You might want to take another look at some of those "Hits to Kill" numbers (I dont think a Bolt Driver can't kill a full armor MAX in 5 shots, just as a ScatMAX can't kill another MAX in 4 hits). Are the "Hits to Kill" columns for Pistol, MA, and HA using all standard ammo for weapons (9mm only), or the best for each situation (9mm, Regular Shell, Regular Energy for infantry vs 9mm AP, AP Shell, AP Energy for MAXes and vehicles)? I'm assuming all the explosive weapons (AV, Grenades, Tank shells) stats are for direct hits only? You could also try putting graphs in there to help illustrate some of the weapon differences.

Anywho, I like it
Old 2004-03-06, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

good idea very usefull for those doing concept development
Old 2004-03-06, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

most ovf the stuff seems accurate but the guass doen't fire faster than the pulsar

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-06, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

not sure your right about that Rob
Old 2004-03-06, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

Old 2004-03-06, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
FalconFC
Private

BlackHawk, in the .zip file i included a Readme.txt file. This explains a lot of your questions and comments but i shall have a look at the bolt driver. I'll try and put some basic bar charts on in the next release (i'm going to expand it until i have everything then update it with each patch) so keep a look out.

And thanks for the feedback.

Falcon
Old 2004-03-07, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
FalconFC
Private

I've updated the stats and fixed several bugs (explained in the readme.txt file) and also added some new features. These included the TR MAX lockdown stats, Jack-Hammer and Rocklet Rifle secondry modes and bar charts for all the infantry and MAX weapon stats.

Planetside Stats Version 1.1

Enjoy. Comments welcome.

Falcon
Old 2004-03-07, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SquirrelMan
Staff Sergeant

The link doesn't work for me, am I supposed to click it as "save target as" or something?
Old 2004-03-07, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
FalconFC
Private

I'm looking into this at the moment. Some people seem to download it alright and others cant even sniff it. try just clicking on link and clicking 'save' (dont use download optimizers/pausers etc.). Its a freebie website thats hosting it so that could be something to do with the problem as well. I'll keep you posted.

Falcon
Old 2004-03-07, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SquirrelMan
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, it says "we cannot supply the file you requested." Should I save it as a .zip file or somethin?
Old 2004-03-07, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Seer
Major

Squirrel, you might want to change your sig to include a link to aforementioned sucky thread. That way no one gets confused.

As far as the stats, I enjoyed them. It's nice to have numbers, but some things aren't revealed by them. I'm sure Falcon knows this, I'm just saying it so that someone who looks at these in isolation doesn't conclude that something is balanced or unbalanced. For example, the scattercannon has a very low TTK, but the quasar can engage at longer ranges and can jump over walls. And the dual cycler can, um, can...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion