Vanu Twitter Q&A - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why can't I play the DEV Empire...?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-11-23, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Vanu Twitter Q&A

Since apparently Basti is away on holiday or somesuch, I'll be filling in his place for the Q&A thread. Note that I don't have nearly as much time to gather up all the answers, but I will try anyway. That said, it has not really been announced, but I am guessing there will be a Q&A this Friday regardless If there is not, we can just make an impromptu one by spamming the devs with questions regardless!

Live tracker

So, what are your questions this time?

(Note that I have shortened/adjusted some questions to be able to post them over Twitter or in order to make sure we actually get an answer):

Q: Will we see the return of a hovering buggy?
A: we talked about this on wed. it is currently on design to decide

Q: Will the Magrider once again be able to kill an enemy in one hit by running them over?
A: what would happen if a man got hit by a tank?

Q: What kind of empire specific side-grades can we expect for our Vanu vehicles?
Are there Empire Specific sidegrades for the air vehicles? If so, what is one for the Scythe?
We know there are ES sidgrades for tanks (shield for Vanguard as example), what is one for the Magrider?
A: armor, weapons, tints, shields, damage resistance, engine size, the list goes on

Q: Will there be empire specific melee weapons, and if so will there be multiple types or be in some
way customisable? Perhaps one that glows...

Will the VS knife glow again?
A: not sure how customizable the blades will be...still up for discussion

Q: Will the the Lasher feature some new mechanic that will differentiate it from the other HA in the game?

Q: About what percentage of the regular forward top speed can the Scythe and Magrider travel sideways or backwards?
Will the Scythe have drift similar to the magrider?

Q: Will any of the Pulsar variants have a stock? Pulsars have no recoil, but a stock can help with aiming regardless of recoil.
What will the Pulsar variants be?

Q: Will VS infiltrators get any sort of ES abilities, something like a short distance teleport or some form of jump jet?

Q: Will the VS sniper riffle also have no bullet drop? If so, what will they have to give up for that?
Will there be ES sniper rifles? If so will the VS one have damage degradation with range?

Q: Are the VS getting some sort of alien energy version of an MCG?

Q: VS vehicle armor was the weakest in PS1 and continues to be in PS2. Will this apply to VS infantry as well this time?

Q: Where, in comparison to the other empire's flying fighters, will the Scythe fall in terms of forward velocity(ie: Speed)?

Q: Can you better explain the Scythe's flight mechanics?

Q: The Scythe seems to have less weapon pods; will the Scythe have more limited ammo, or will it be infinite, recharging ammo?

Q: How will Scythe weapons differ from Reaver/Mosquito weapons?

Q: The VS Light Assault helmet specified a Holographic Status Display. Is this similar to other empires or more advanced?

Q: How advanced are VS control systems in lore? AR? Holographic? Neural connections? Plain old screens just more shiny?

Q: Will there be any cockpit view for aircraft?

Q: What kind of bullets can we expect from Vanu weaponry? Mainly lasers? Anything to counter the NC's Velicraptors?

Q: Will there be variants of Common Pool Vehicles that can equip empire specific weapons? i.e. VS Deliverer variant, Aurora.

Q: When can we see the vanu female avatars?

Q: Will there be any empire specific "special assult" or PS2 equivalent, if so, what will the function be for vanu's?

Q: Will Vanu MAXes have jump jets, and if not what unique abilities will they have?

Q: Will there be multiple screen support?

Q: Will the Scythe have traditional ordinance (bombs, missiles) or energy based direct fire weapons for both AA and AV?

Q: Will common pool weapons have a different feel depending on which Empire you're on, through unlocks or otherwise?

Q: Will there be a way to tell aircraft built for AA or AV apart at range?

Q: What other weapons will the magrider driver be able to use besides the HRBC?

Q: Is there a heavier version of the Beamer pistol?

Q: About helmet customization: will no helmet be an option? (PS1 beret, anyone?) What effect will this have on headshots?

Q: Will the Lancer be making a return?

Q: From the VS video it looks like the Beamer has a beam and a shot fire mode. Does it, and if so, how about the other VS weapons?
In the VS turn around video when showing the diagram for the Beamer there's a window that says "High Intensity Photonic Beam Discharge/Single Shot Mechanism" does this mean that the Beamer will have two different firing modes? Do the rest of the weapons in the VS arsenal follow suit?

Q: How do the Beamer's "self charging cells" function in game?

Q: If a Magrider and a Vanguard traveling at full speed collide, will the Magrider bounce or fly?

Q: Will the Scythe be able to kill infantry by clipping them with the wing blades?

Q: What are some types of assault weapons an Engineer spec'd for combat could wield?

Q: What are some VS-specific Engineer combat demolition items?

Q: How will the VS theme of "Versatility" be seen in the VS Engineer?

Q: What VS-specific armor upgrades will there be?

Q: If there are going to be MAX melee weapons, will VS MAX's get beam-sabers?

Q: What will some VS-specific Leader-abilities be?

Q: What aerobatic feats will the Scythe be capable of performing?

Q: The nature of the Liberator is still a mystery to us: what VS specific features will it have?

Q: Will bases vary by faction? If so, what will distinctify VS bases?

Q: Will there be no-helmet options for VS? Such as berets, tech-monochles, visors, etc?

Q: The faces in this game look amazing; will there be some options to adjust hair, eyes, face shape, etc? Or is there a selection of pre-made faces?

Q: Will VS have weapons recharge themselves or require ammo clips? If so, how many of their weapons do?
Approximately what percentage of the VS weapons will have regenerating ammo?

Q: Will the Maelstrom come back in any form?
Will we be seeing a return of the Maelstrom as a VS ES HA weapon?

Q: Will there be any teleportation in Planetside 2, either as a VS ability or a commonpool engi device?

Q: How will the nanite systems gear related to the faction specific stuff?
Will NS weapons be equal to faction-specific weapons (ie- various different strengths and weaknesses)? Or will faction weapons just be better (ie- higher on the unlock trees)?

Q: Will the soldier/command UI be customizable like in PS1 (more would be even better)?

Q: Will people have increased accuracy while in the sunderer? It would make a great place to snipe from if so.

Q: Will VS lasers be instant hit, or take time to travel?

Q: How will you even start balancing bullet drop against laser damage degradation?

Q: Will the Lancer and Mags rail gun still have the charge up time?

Q: Will the VS MAX be able to fire while jumping?

Q: Will the Mag be able to float over water indefinitely?

Q: How will you make the Lasher work as a close range weapon?

Q: Will the VS have any unique grenades?

Q: Will the VS Light Assault jump jets be better / differ in some way from other empires?

Last edited by Lunarchild; 2011-12-01 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Technology = Might!
Old 2011-11-23, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Re: Vanu Twitter Q&A

Q: How do the Beamer's "self charging cells" function in game?
Old 2011-11-23, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Q: Will the Lancer be making a return?

Q:In the VS turn around video when showing the diagram for the Beamer there's a window that says "High Intensity Photonic Beam Discharge/Single Shot Mechanism" does this mean that the Beamer will have two different firing modes? Do the rest of the weapons in the VS arsenal follow suit?

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-11-23, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Q: About helmet customization: will no helmet be an option? (PS1 beret, anyone?) What effect will this have on headshots?
Old 2011-11-23, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Will the Scythe have drift similar to the magrider?

Will there be a way to tell aircraft built for AA or AV apart at range?

What other weapons will the magrider driver be able to use besides the HRBC?

Is there a heavier version of the Beamer pistol?

Will there be ES sniper rifles? If so will the VS one have damage degradation with range?

Will the VS knife glow again?
Old 2011-11-23, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Xaine
Major

Will common pool weapons have a different feel depending on which Empire you're on, through unlocks or otherwise?
Old 2011-11-23, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Q: Will Vanu MAXes have jump jets, and if not what unique abilities will they have?
Old 2011-11-23, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Will there be multiple screen support?

Will the Scythe have traditional ordinance (bombs, missiles) or energy based direct fire weapons for both AA and AV?
Old 2011-11-23, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Will there be any empire specific "special assult" or PS2 equivalent , if so ,what will the function be for vanu's
Old 2011-11-23, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SKYeXile
Major General

Q: When can we see the vanu female avatars?

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2011-11-24 at 01:45 AM.
Old 2011-11-23, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Q: Will there be empire specific melee weapons, and if so will there be multiple types or be in some way customisable? Perhaps one that glows...

Q: Will there be variants of Common Pool Vehicles that can equip emp spec weapons? i.e. VS Deliverer variant, Aurora.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2011-11-23, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Lunar, im not just away, there appears to be no QnA this week. :>
Its holiday @ SOE, no twitter chat for us.
Old 2011-11-23, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Atuday
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
We can go on without you Basti. We can if we must. We have no lives save that in planetside.

Question: It was hinted there will be "laser beam" weapons for Vanu. Aside from the beamer what weapon will have this feature? What will the Lasher fire? Higgs already said the NC jackhammer shoots homing velociraptors I want to know what we can counter with.
Old 2011-11-24, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by basti View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/PS_TRay/statu...81848111923200:
Originally Posted by @PS_TRay
@SG_01 you can ask vs questions any time you want
So I'll find the best one here and start bombing TRay with questions tomorrow
Old 2011-11-25, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Q: How advanced are VS control systems in lore? AR? Holographic? Neural connections? Plain old screens just more shiny?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion