Galaxy, auto-repairing in mid air ( 00:30 ) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's all ice cream and lollipops.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-30, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Galaxy, auto-repairing in mid air ( 00:30 )

http://youtu.be/YGYcFfiD3K8?hd=1&t=29s

Come on guys.... Really? o_o

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2012-05-30 at 09:31 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ZeroOneZero
Corporal

Re: Galaxy, auto-repairing in mid air ( 00:30 )

Booo!!! That's some noobish crap.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
The Janitor
Sergeant

Hey man, if a Gal thinks it can just fly around forever and self-repair to full without me finding it and blowing it up, I am all for people trying it.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Nick
Corporal

Once upon a time, in this game called Planetside (not sure if you've heard of it before), there was a time where you actually had to do stuff. Manually.

There have been SO many different new mechanics to get us back into the action faster for Planetside 2. While some of them are indeed nice and welcomed, the devs have clearly gone overboard in the copying of every single thing BF3 did.

NEWS FLASH: BF3 is dying. So once all the BF3 tards leave Planetside 2 after 6 months, you'll have no one left. All of the original Planetside fans will be long gone due to the over excess of "bells and whistles" from modern FPS games no one asked for.

Last edited by Nick; 2012-05-30 at 09:49 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nick
Corporal

Devs: Player shields are the ONLY thing I want recharging. Why would a VEHICLE self repair itself? We should require an Engineer (outside) or a repair pad/terminal.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Aircraft self repair drama is so last week.

A better question is, what other optional modules does the galaxy have? Radars wouldn't be of much use on it.
What do you have to give up to get self-repair?
Old 2012-05-30, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post
Aircraft self repair drama is so last week.

A better question is, what other optional modules does the galaxy have? Radars wouldn't be of much use on it.
What do you have to give up to get self-repair?
Engineers, and having to land, find a good spot, and cover during repair. Planetside Staple experiences.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Stardouser
Colonel

Vehicle health regen is not acceptable and is one of the problems of BF3.

If they want to give vehicles a limited use repair pack that's one thing, but constant vehicle health regen is a no.

Is there any chance that this is the Nanite Repair System customization and not vehicle health regen? (Not that a simple customization giving you permanent vehicle regen is right, either)

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-05-30 at 09:43 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
The Janitor
Sergeant

It's only a problem in BF3 because there are so few vehicles. Someone in a jet can go fly around the edge of the map for a minute to repair. Do you really think that's going to be the case in this game? I certainly don't! The sky is going to be so full of death, you're not going to be able to get out of combat fast enough to find somewhere to hide!

The health regen seems like a good idea when used as in this video: A mountain jumps out in front of your Gal, and try as you might, you just can't avoid it slapping your plane! Curse those mobile mountains! So on the way to your target, outside of combat, the auto-repair makes up for your little encounter with a wall. I don't see much of a problem here.

Last edited by The Janitor; 2012-05-30 at 09:47 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Figment
Lieutenant General

Good chance this is the module you could install. It was already featured (but not applied) in one of TBs earlier videos while he was customizing one of the units and a bunch of different features were shown to fill in some slots (it could be that or radar, for instance).

I agree with Stadouser, armour repair to me is a no-no. I already don't like infantry shields, which to me is just a bit better than CoD healing (shield would be full health bar in that case, now it's about half depending on suit it seems).

Med kits is one thing, repair kits were a bit much, for a vehicle, it's potentially even more powerful.

Even if it would cost a lot of a player's resources every time you use it or whatever, it wouldn't be that fun to fight, since the opponent does not "see this". The opponent just sees a magical partial "reset".

It is a slowish pace, but still quite fast. Now if it wasn't clearly the vehicle's own hit points, it could have been the AMP shield (charged only if you held an AMP station and only within connected friendly SOIs). AMP shield... I don't think it was though. Plus, then it was a minor health advantage, regen is more like infinite if managed well.

Question: Would we mind if it was automatic and as slow as repairing a vehicle manually while stationary? Could be they see it as a way to reduce downtime? I'd say yes, people would mind, mostly because a repairing person can be shot more easily if they have to get out and grab a non-lethal weapon and can't use vehicle weapons at the same time. There's some significant differences with those, let alone if you can even heal while driving.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

If he had to at least land, it would be different.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
wraithverge
Sergeant

If you notice it takes 15 seconds to kick in and more then 15 seconds to repair. This is SLOW. If you manage to get away for this long, it's slower then engies hopping out with glue guns, sounds like a good feature to me. This will not affect a dogfight.

Honestly I'd use it just to correct the few times I clip someone at an ammo dispenser or wing a tree while trying to get back to the fight.
Old 2012-05-30, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
EVILoHOMER
Major

The one vehicle I'd want regenerating health for is The Galaxy considering it's support and it's an incentive to get people to use it. Considering vehicles look to die really easy in this game and with the amount of people that will be in one battle, we don't want the galaxy being useless.

I've got no problem with regenerating health personally, BF3 has a nice balance of that and repair/healing. I mean your health doesn't regen fast and your vehicles regen even slower, so you still need a Medic or Eng.

That's my stance but I'm a regen health person over med packs in general. Obviously you need to balance it like BF3 has done so well, however I don't want to need someone else to have enjoyment out of the game, I want to just enjoy playing with someone else to enjoy the game. As soon as you start making strict requirements then you end up having the situation like WoW had where you aren't allowed into groups or raids because you are not a certain class, then I'm punished for playing what I like to play.
Old 2012-06-01, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Stew
Major

this isnt a problem in BF3 the problem in BF3 is not the self repair vehicules its thats regular rocket sucks only has (( iron sigth view )) and its really hard to calculate the whole tragectory of your rocket to take them down AAA statics turrets as been remoove and LOck on missiles sucks as well ! These are the major problem whith Bf3 aircrafts and gunship !

Nothing to do with self repair the selfrepair is a Utility slots (( perks )) and you have to trade of others things like smoke screen , flares , Radar , etc.. or others pretty fair utility slots ( perks ) available ! Each ones could be great depending on your plan and gameplay style !

This ability have a trade off their is ONE utility slots so if you choose this one u must make it worth it lol !

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-01 at 09:48 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

It probably has the vehicle repair mod on it which requires you to not have an ejection seat, last we saw.
There are other limitations, like it only activates 15 sec or something after the vehicle was last shot.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2012-05-30 at 09:45 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion