News: New Video Assault on Hvar Tech Plant - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: (LD)
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-19, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NCLynx
Major

New Video Assault on Hvar Tech Plant

At least it's something new to watch, albeit only 48 seconds lol.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-06-19 at 07:26 PM.
Old 2012-06-19, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Re: Hvar Tech Plant Capture video

Useless, there's no beta date in it :P
Old 2012-06-19, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

Lol, exactly what some people will think. Its good to see more video's coming out though. It'll keep my sanity here a little longer :P

Edit:

Meant to be a reply to Kalbuth

Last edited by AvacadoEight; 2012-06-19 at 07:29 PM.
Old 2012-06-19, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MonsterBone
First Sergeant

Re: New Video Assault on Hvar Tech Plant

No one here wants to hear this. But SOE should ask the community to make their videos.
Old 2012-06-19, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by MonsterBone View Post
No one here wants to hear this. But SOE should ask the community to make their videos.
This was actually a pretty good one.
Old 2012-06-19, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
This was actually a pretty good one.
I have to agree with Zulthus here. That was definitely one of the better ones I have seen. I enjoyed it.

Old 2012-06-19, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
lMABl
Master Sergeant

Awesome trailer, hopefully were going to see two more vids of this kind, one for each faction.
Old 2012-06-20, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
demonicale
Sergeant

Originally Posted by MonsterBone View Post
Your right, nobody does, move on ....

Just get's me how people never seem satisfied.We have a new video, BE HAPPY!

Last edited by demonicale; 2012-06-20 at 11:23 AM.
Old 2012-06-19, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Biscuit
Sergeant

holy frackin crap. amazing.

everyone, do a video comparison of the E3 stream videos and this new video.

better yet some one make a video comparison of both.

big step up
Old 2012-06-19, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SnipeGrzywa
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
holy frackin crap. amazing.

everyone, do a video comparison of the E3 stream videos and this new video.
If referring to the general frame-rate and lag, the E3 and other totalbiscuit streams are always being relayed through multiple systems, thus making the game look choppier then it actually is.

If you are referring to other things, then carry on.
Old 2012-06-19, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Biscuit
Sergeant

Originally Posted by SnipeGrzywa View Post
If referring to the general frame-rate and lag, the E3 and other totalbiscuit streams are always being relayed through multiple systems, thus making the game look choppier then it actually is.

If you are referring to other things, then carry on.
far from it, the shadows/lighting is twice as noticable with the new video.
Old 2012-06-22, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Garem
Sergeant

Maybe it's just me, but the fights seem... frantic, but not in a good way. I saw people just running and shooting their friends in the back. It's zerg-y. PS has SOME of that, but it also has some cool tactical play from basic to advanced, and I think that's the real selling point.

zOMG 1000 people to shoot at is cool. HOLYFWTFBBQ there are 1000 people to outmaneuver and outthink is truly the selling point for most gamers these days I'd like to think.
Old 2012-06-22, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Garem View Post
Maybe it's just me, but the fights seem... frantic, but not in a good way. I saw people just running and shooting their friends in the back. It's zerg-y. PS has SOME of that, but it also has some cool tactical play from basic to advanced, and I think that's the real selling point.

zOMG 1000 people to shoot at is cool. HOLYFWTFBBQ there are 1000 people to outmaneuver and outthink is truly the selling point for most gamers these days I'd like to think.
Agree

The sort of thing i want to see is camera from one guys NC fps perspective , dropping on a base with a team. Coordinated teamwork attacking a a set objective (noob viewer thinks..mmm..its like counterstrike this)
Then the camera zooms out slightly to notice theres another 2 or 3 squads on the same team in the same area . Its slightly urban feel to it , and then an aircraft flies overhead. (mmm...could be CoD ?? )
Camera then pans out and leaves the team and swings to a viewpoint of the VS and realise the 3 squads you just saw are about to face a whole platoon just out of the NC field of vision . You are fighting within a facility. (could this be BF3 ? )
Finally a whole plethora of mosquitos , liberators and galaxies are heard in the distance by a single vs, and the camera zooms out to realise to the viewer that not only is the superb footage they just saw amazing but that was just a teeny weeny part of the fight in the immediate corner of a land mass. Which you then realise is just one small corner of an entire continent .
Then zoom out even further into space to realise thats just one continent of many.
Its dark now , and you can see the fire flashes all over the globe everywhere because its eternal war.

Maybe some epitaph at end ..You think youve seen war? you ain't seen nothing yet ..Planetside.

Something to make it feel like at the end of 300 when the Persians just killed the last of the three hundred (who just kicked the crap out of legions of persians) , hear a noise then realise another 10000 spartans just turned up.
Old 2012-06-25, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
FireStormNova
Corporal

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
Agree

The sort of thing i want to see is camera from one guys NC fps perspective , dropping on a base with a team. Coordinated teamwork attacking a a set objective (noob viewer thinks..mmm..its like counterstrike this)
Then the camera zooms out slightly to notice theres another 2 or 3 squads on the same team in the same area . Its slightly urban feel to it , and then an aircraft flies overhead. (mmm...could be CoD ?? )
Camera then pans out and leaves the team and swings to a viewpoint of the VS and realise the 3 squads you just saw are about to face a whole platoon just out of the NC field of vision . You are fighting within a facility. (could this be BF3 ? )
Finally a whole plethora of mosquitos , liberators and galaxies are heard in the distance by a single vs, and the camera zooms out to realise to the viewer that not only is the superb footage they just saw amazing but that was just a teeny weeny part of the fight in the immediate corner of a land mass. Which you then realise is just one small corner of an entire continent .
Then zoom out even further into space to realise thats just one continent of many.
Its dark now , and you can see the fire flashes all over the globe everywhere because its eternal war.

Maybe some epitaph at end ..You think youve seen war? you ain't seen nothing yet ..Planetside.

Something to make it feel like at the end of 300 when the Persians just killed the last of the three hundred (who just kicked the crap out of legions of persians) , hear a noise then realise another 10000 spartans just turned up.
Bingo! we have a winner
This is what they need to show potential new PS2 gammers!
Ill take tactical skilled players over the mindless zerg any day!
Old school zerg = cannon fodder
Old 2012-06-19, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Kalbuth View Post
Useless, there's no beta date in it :P
A) Soon.
B) Within the next few weeks.

They're at least giving you options now

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion