Commonly asked face book questions. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why SOE took all the Breweries off of Auraxis.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-07-18, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Borc
Private

Commonly asked face book questions.

Hello!
This is Ben Leza from facebook, some of you might recognize me, as I spend a good deal of time on there. I see the same few questions being asked OVER AND OVER again. "when is beta?" "what are the system requirements?" and "how do I get a key?" - this last one many times followed up with "Twitter, whats that?!"

I figure this is as good a place as any to direct folk. I will link this thread to them on FB instead of spamming the fb page with the same paragraphs over and over. Feel free to correct any mistakes, add any information I might have missed or any other constructive positive stuff. I know there is a main FAQ thread with udles of comments, but I scanned it (as some might already have) and didin't see these questions answered.

so!
1) How do I get into beta?
Twitter is the only official way of getting beta keys. NC bunker, Ebay, and other means exist, but they are sorta few, far between, and pointless to wait on when twitters so easy to get.
All you must do is sign up for Twitter account at https://twitter.com/
Then tweet @planetside 2 with a tweet saying you want a key!

Remember, the more creative you are with your tweet the more likely you are to get a code. Photo shop (or mspaint) a picture, write a poem, roleplay or do whatever strikes your fancy. Be appropriate and fun and you are more likely to catch their eye. On the note of catching their eye, it makes it easier for them to notice you if you include #ps2 and or #bettakeybill with your tweet. For specifics of Twitter world see one of the following bullet points.

Once you have a keyIMPORTANT don't forget to go to www.soe.com and update your system specs. I forget if it prompts you after entering the key or not, but if it doesn't make sure you do that!

1.5) Can I get multiple keys for my friends/subscribers/fanbois/pets?
No. Sorry, but nope. Tell them to go through the twitter process. Direct them here if they are confuzled, and anyones welcome to dm me on twitter/fb/psu or leave a reply on this thread and i'll try to get it answered!

2) What are system specs?
TBA. That is the point of tech test. (currently underway) just hang tight for about a week and a half to two weeks and they'll be getting something out to us.

3) When is Beta?
For detailed info from Higby himself on beta see: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=44966
the TLDR of this is that Beta is coming AFTER tech test, which will be 1-2 weeks (hopefully) max. Beta will come in WAVES starting with a few people, ending in a stress test where they invite EVERYONE.
Key priority is vets (dont need a key at all) -> pcgamer/priority keys such as E3/dev keys -> everyone else
I personally estimate the total beta process to last until Christmas or march. ish. I've been wrong before, though.
Good luck, and keep checking your email for an invite!

4) What is an r twitter stuff?
I am new-ish to twitter, so correct me if im wrong, or if there is a better way of doing something.

After signing up for twitter look on the left side of the home page and you will see a white box that says [ compose tweet]. Compose your tweet here. As stated before you MUST include @planetside 2 for them to even know you are talking to them (almost like the too field), and to make your comment more visable include the hash tags above.
After you compose your tweet if you get noticed they will send you a direct msg with a code. Don't reply to this msg as a courtesy, especially if it is to Tray, he's a busy man and the extra msgs incoming makes it more difficult to count who got one already and who still needs one as he is sending them out.
To check Dm (direct msg) click on the profile of a person in the top right corner and click [direct msg].
Click [Home] top left to view tweets from anyone you are following
Click @connect to see tweets people mention you in/any interactions you have
Don't forget to follow @ps_tray, @mhigby and @purrfectstorm. They are devs and release info and pics and links that can be fun, as well as occasional beta key giveaways. @j_smedley is the pres of SOE and will release info sometimes about when emails are going out.

5)Is there an official cut-off date/subbed by date for Planetside 1 to be considered a Planetside 2 veteran?
I don't know the answer to this question. Just Some Guy over on facebook said "march" but I can't confirm. Anyone that can speak up!

Lastly... LOLOL @mhigbys last two tweets read as follows: (8 min ago)
"As promised, making some @Planetside2 beta keys rain! First 100 RTs get a key, make sure you're following so I can DM you! GO!"
337 Retweets

followed by: (3 min ago)
Okay, I've got way more than 100 now! wow, my twitter client can't handle this.

Lol. over the space of 5 min he got 337 retweets just from that one giveaway. I'm convinced they are all robots.

Last edited by Borc; 2012-07-19 at 01:17 PM.
Old 2012-07-19, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ninjacalypse
Corporal

Re: Commonly asked face book questions.

You want to check their twitter page to see when there's actually someone online and giving away keys.

And even if one of the guys are on the PS2 page, regardless of how awesome your tweet, pic or video might be there's no guarantee they'll see your tweet in the sea of tweets so you may literally have to re-tweet them more than a few times. They've said so themselves on the twitter feed.

It took me like 10 tweets over the course of a week before they actually read my tweet and hooked me up.
Old 2012-07-19, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
EnderGraff
Corporal

Originally Posted by Ninjacalypse View Post
You want to check their twitter page to see when there's actually someone online and giving away keys.

And even if one of the guys are on the PS2 page, regardless of how awesome your tweet, pic or video might be there's no guarantee they'll see your tweet in the sea of tweets so you may literally have to re-tweet them more than a few times. They've said so themselves on the twitter feed.

It took me like 10 tweets over the course of a week before they actually read my tweet and hooked me up.
My two friends and I all got keys in an hour xD
Old 2012-07-19, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Borc
Private

Just depends on how busy they are and a bit on luck. Good point on checking to see if they are online, I have had a few people be like OK ILL GO TWEET NOW at like 4 am.. im all, good luck! ;P

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions