Amerish is the best Content of the three, and has the most fun base layouts. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma is god, We are Just Road signs he ignores on his way to work
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-07, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Amerish is the best Content of the three, and has the most fun base layouts.

But never is a fight there.

I look forward to continental locks as a method of "Rotating maps".

Split peak pass is Tits.
Old 2013-02-07, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: Amerish is the best Content of the three, and has the most fun base layouts.

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
But never is a fight there.

I look forward to continental locks as a method of "Rotating maps".

Split peak pass is Tits.
Meh, your opinion obviously.

To me, the switchbacks, mountains and constant chokepoints make the continent annoying to me. It seems like it takes forever to get anywhere via ground (even if it is the same time/distance, it just SEEMS like it). I dislike flying, and it seems like if you lose your AMS, it takes forever to pull another one into the fight.

Especially in the case of attacking... chokepoints are nice when you are defending, but this game hasn't really fostered a good defensive mentality yet. (last patch has helped a lot, but still have a ways to go)

I prefer Esamir... and parts of Indar. I hate the amount of "artificial" chokepoints setup on some of the maps.... My playstyle (both with Vehicles and Infantry) is based on mobility. Flanking, surprise, unexpected angles of attack are all weapons I prefer to use. Fighting in areas that restrict those things severely is annoying to me. Thus I don't tend to enjoy playing there very often.

Especially with over-abundance of liberators previously. Haven't really played there since AA/Lib/ESF patches.
Old 2013-02-07, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Re: Amerish is the best Content of the three, and has the most fun base layouts.

Amerish, to me at least, feels a lot more claustrophobic than the other continents (even more so than the canyons of Indar, which is the weird thing), so generally I tend to favour playing on Indar or Esamir over it.

It's an amazing looking continent, though.
Old 2013-02-07, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Calisai View Post
Meh, your opinion obviously.

To me, the switchbacks, mountains and constant chokepoints make the continent annoying to me. It seems like it takes forever to get anywhere via ground (even if it is the same time/distance, it just SEEMS like it). I dislike flying, and it seems like if you lose your AMS, it takes forever to pull another one into the fight.

Especially in the case of attacking... chokepoints are nice when you are defending, but this game hasn't really fostered a good defensive mentality yet. (last patch has helped a lot, but still have a ways to go)

I prefer Esamir... and parts of Indar. I hate the amount of "artificial" chokepoints setup on some of the maps.... My playstyle (both with Vehicles and Infantry) is based on mobility. Flanking, surprise, unexpected angles of attack are all weapons I prefer to use. Fighting in areas that restrict those things severely is annoying to me. Thus I don't tend to enjoy playing there very often.

Especially with over-abundance of liberators previously. Haven't really played there since AA/Lib/ESF patches.
Read your reply and I had not seen your sig yet I immediately figured you would be Vanu
With recent changes that Vanu mobility would be even more restricted.

On Briggs Amerish doesnt see much action apart from the outfit that likes to run around "securing" the continent.
Only to see it capped back by another factions outfit who is active at a different time of the day and round and round it goes.
Old 2013-02-07, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Canaris
Contributor
General

Amerish is my favourite too, though your on Matherson server right Blood? Over on miller there's usually a good fight to be had on all three continents so we get to mix it up a bit.

My only beef with Amerish is how the map and the terrain aren't correct in some places. Changes were made in beta to the layout of roads into and around some bases but the map was never updated to reflect it so people get confused when they find a mountain where the map says a road should be.... I wonder did the Dev who responsible for it get moved over to Apple iMaps hehehe

I haven't seen a dicky bird about it being fixed by the devs and it's a pretty big mistake to let slip through and remain slipped.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-02-07, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
My only beef with Amerish is how the map and the terrain aren't correct in some places. Changes were made in beta to the layout of roads into and around some bases but the map was never updated to reflect it so people get confused when they find a mountain where the map says a road should be.... I wonder did the Dev who responsible for it get moved over to Apple iMaps hehehe

I haven't seen a dicky bird about it being fixed by the devs and it's a pretty big mistake to let slip through and remain slipped.
This one got fixed in update 02, if that's the one you mean. From the patch notes:

Removed a phantom road from the minimap near the Mekala Tech Plant
Old 2013-02-07, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Split peak pass is Tits.
Thank you for the flashback of the phrase "tits"......I had a friend we nicknamed "tits"....fond memories of younger days...
Old 2013-02-07, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Not sure how you feel its claustrophobic, it has some of the best areas for field tank battles of all three, by combination of base placement and terrain.

Anyway, makes me sad when I can't "open" a fight as in PS1 there, no one cares if you are taking it. Sadly.

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
Amerish is my favourite too, though your on Matherson server right Blood?
Yep, Indar, all the time. Sucks.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2013-02-07 at 10:36 AM.
Old 2013-02-07, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Canaris
Contributor
General

lol I was sure it was after the patch one of our Sundy drivers was giving out yards about the map and terrain still not being correct... though if it is fixed all the better and I apologise devs for my lack of faith

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-02-07, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Binkley
Sergeant

I like Amerish, so nice to look at. However, on SolTech the only time I've seen big action there was during the UES. Those battles were quite good, I hope to see more of them.
Old 2013-02-07, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

I love Amerish but I have 20 fps less than on indar there, that sucks...

.sent via phone.
Old 2013-02-07, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
I love Amerish but I have 20 fps less than on indar there, that sucks...

.sent via phone.
Its your lack of fashionable headwear.
Old 2013-02-07, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Not really liking the feel of the new nc area in the north of indar so flitted to amerish instead. Worked out that there were a grand total of 17 people on the continent! 0930 ceres.
Amerish is a beautiful place to chill out a bit, but ghost capping quickly gets boring.
Old 2013-02-07, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
NotTheMomma
Corporal

Agree with the other posters. It's a beautiful continent (the best looking one, really), and I love all the trees for cover, but the choke points are too numerous and severe. It's ridiculous when infantry basically has to use a roadway to run into a base/hex. And, at first glance, it looks like a great place to use a Rival chassis Sunderer, but it's not. You're forced onto long stretches of road, exposed. Great place to be a pilot, if that's your thing...

And, like Binkley, I'm on SolTech where there's usually about 10-15 players *total* on Amerish, except when a faction takes a mini-zerg over to quickly ghost-cap the continent.

Last edited by NotTheMomma; 2013-02-07 at 01:03 PM.
Old 2013-02-07, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Its your lack of fashionable headwear.
If I could boost my fps by wearing a dildo on my forehead I would do it

.sent via phone.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion