The NC. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dyslexics are teople poo!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-14, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TeraHertz
Major

The NC.

Today I learned a lot about NC weapons. I finally went off to emerald and created an NC character. I didn�t create one on Werner, because I still don�t think you should be able to so.

The first thing I found was that the NC talks sh*t when they say their maxs are crap. I cruised around a base in my scat max blowing away TR left right and centre. One comical moment occurred when an agile tried to run from me up the stairs, seemingly forgetting maxs can run. His macros of �help help� only brought more lambs to the slaughter. Toggle run, untoggle, activate sheild, kill. That got me about 3 battle ranks in 10 mins.

After continued investigation into weapons I discovered that the gauss is amazing. It OWNS the pulsar. The pulsar needs a big buff to get anywhere near it�s prowess. Devs, give the VS the gauss, its wasted on the NC, they all play with their noobhammers. I really want a gauss. If I had one I�d probably ditch the lasher.

The NC AT weapon is also a powerful device. While it�s ammo restrictions appear to balance it, it is a lot of fun to use, and also effective. I had a great time wiping out maxs, confusing the hell out of prowlers by flying rockets upwards, then slamming them down on their roofs, and chasing reavers.

I didn�t use the jackhammer as an NC, since I already have a lot of experience with that weapon from picking them up off dead bodies. We all know the JH is insanley powered.

In conclusing, I believe the NC have the best MA. They have the best AV, and they have the best HA. Their maxs are far from useless, but until I get the certs freed up on Emerald I reserve judgement. Though at the moment I would say I have never feared another max more while in a max suit, and been so safe from infantry.
The pulsar needs something done to it, it may have an AV option that can be quickly switched too, but I think that is a throw back from the begining of PS, at a time where this kind of AV fire was worth a damn. I was owning Lasher users with the guass, don't try to tell me that should happen.

By the way, VS on Emerald, you might want to find out about this arse hole (below), and his outfit. Not that there�s probably much you can do about them spying on your CR5s though .

Last edited by TeraHertz; 2003-12-14 at 07:33 AM.
Old 2003-12-14, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rarzo
Sergeant

NC definitely have the best AA. They have the best HA, the best MA, ScatterCannon is awsome, but you couldn't destroy a Go-Kart with their AV MAX.

They defininetly have the advantage in alot of situations...
Old 2003-12-14, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Terra you've proved repeatedly that you do nothing but bitch about this weaposn ballance or that, why should anyone take anything you whould say as anything other thenh a steaming load of dung.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-12-14, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rarzo
Sergeant

Doppler, I could belive you If you were a TR or VS, but it is hard to when you're in the NC. I have charcters on every server with different empires, and I think that the NC have the best weapons AND vehicles...
Old 2003-12-14, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Doppler
Terra you've proved repeatedly that you do nothing but bitch about this weaposn ballance or that, why should anyone take anything you whould say as anything other thenh a steaming load of dung.

So your a fan boy eating troll are you? Well, you'd better get your steak knife out NC fanboy, because it's going to take a while to eat your self, and theres a hell of a lot of you. Just look at the size of your head for one thing. If you don't have any constructive comment to make:

Old 2003-12-14, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Doppler
Contributor
Major

If you must know my kill count hasnt moved in a while because I have been playing terran and vanu lately rather then my main. Plus if you page back through Terra's posts its just one long series of nerf fests. But hey lets completely ignore all that, the NC max shield, is still crap, its still worthless at range, a terran AI max is still the most evil thing you can have defending a tower or CC. Is still the only max that can shoot around corners. The terrans still ahve the best MA in the game, thanks to a signifigantly tigher rate of fire, cone of fire, and a clip bigger by thirty some rounds. If you and open up on someone close range with a guass and they open up with a cycler 9 out of 10 times you will die at right around the same time, or he will kill you because he can strafe you out of ammo. Does he honestly think that "He's confusing prowler crews" a prowler crew doesnt give a fuck what angle your shooting them from, their just turning to find you so they drop a round on your head, such is the case with any AV weapon. All av sucks just about equaly, terrans are just pissed (and the vanu to a lesser extent for difrent reasons) because they used to have one that was not just decent but godlike.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-12-14, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
TeraHertz
Major

the NC max shield, is still crap, its still worthless at range
Then don't use it at range, then at range you are as much as a target as any other max. Use run, charge at the enemy activate shield and weapons, kill. I've seen 4 scat maxs charge into vs lines using this and it was devestating.

a terran AI max is still the most evil thing you can have defending a tower or CC. Is still the only max that can shoot around corners.
True. I didnt say otherwise.

The terrans still ahve the best MA in the game, thanks to a signifigantly tigher rate of fire, cone of fire, and a clip bigger by thirty some rounds.
Which is replaced with the MCG. For the NC, they have an awesome mid range weapon, to use while they close in, then whip out the JH and it's good night.

If you and open up on someone close range with a guass and they open up with a cycler 9 out of 10 times you will die at right around the same time, or he will kill you because he can strafe you out of ammo. .
You die at the same time? Sounds balanced to me. At close range NC have the advantage in the JH. However my statement was that the guass owns the pulsar, not the cycler, which is just as good, but relativley pointless if you have a MCG.

Does he honestly think that "He's confusing prowler crews" a prowler crew doesnt give a fuck what angle your shooting them from, their just turning to find you so they drop a round on your head, such is the case with any AV weapon.
Considering i was firing from about 200m away, behind a hill, they had no chance of fining me, and they didn't. I Eventaly suicided on a spitfire when iran out of ammo. The prowlers were spamming everywhere to find me, driving about, and generaly wasting their time since they had no clue where the fire was comming from. Distraction is a major contributer to any battle.

All av sucks just about equaly, terrans are just pissed (and the vanu to a lesser extent for difrent reasons) because they used to have one that was not just decent but godlike.
Personaly I believe the Terran AV to be fairly usless. It's only offset is that they can carry more ammo than an NC. Unless there is alot of Air about, they're better off with a deci any day.
Old 2003-12-14, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

I play as VS and TR and only play NC about once a month and you wanna know why because I always get owned by lashers. Probably just because I suxors.
Old 2003-12-14, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Paintballboy
I play as VS and TR and only play NC about once a month and you wanna know why because I always get owned by lashers. Probably just because I suxors.

On any empire you're pretty much guarunteed to by killed by the opposing force's HA alot. With the lasher, dance about hold your fire till they need to reload, then crouch and wipe them out while they take 4 hours to change clip.
Old 2003-12-14, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
Personaly I believe the Terran AV to be fairly usless. It's only offset is that they can carry more ammo than an NC. Unless there is alot of Air about, they're better off with a deci any day.
A VS has seen the truth! Praise the republic hehe.

I pretty much agree whit the rest of your post, the NC don't have much to bitch about.
Old 2003-12-14, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Zatrais
A VS has seen the truth! Praise the republic hehe.
I'm an avid Lancer supporter. Some people say it's crap. Sure, it coudln't kill a tank even if the tank stood still, the driver got out, and handed you some more lancer ammo, but neither can any of the AV weapons. I would dump HA before I dumped AV.
Old 2003-12-14, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

NC dont complain about are maxes, we complain about are max's shield.
Old 2003-12-14, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

NC has by far, hands down, without question, the best gear in the game. Wherever it's important, NC excells at it.

It's just the truth. I'm an NC after a long TR career and I'd bet my life on it.

It's not "how you use the weapons". It's not "empires have different strengths". It's "NC owns because it has by far the best tank, HA and AV in the game". Some might also say it has the best pistol and the best assault rifle.

Seriously. Don't try to protect NC by denying the obvious. It's pointless and insults our intelligence. NC rules. It also has the only positive message of the empires. TR is the "imperialist", VS is the "technological elitist" and NC is the "freedom fighter". NC has been called the "devs' pets" for a reason.

TR needs help with their equipment. VS is fine, except their MAXs are overpowered. NC owns. Why do you think NC has the numbers? It should be obvious.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-14, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
TeraHertz
Major

what happens if you use personal shiled along with MAX shieled? I'll need to try that...
Old 2003-12-14, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Ya know... MA is one of the most well-balenced aspects of this game, cycler/pulsar/gauss all have similar TTK and different strengths (eg clip size, CoF). I used AV for a long time before balence pass and up until last week when I dropped it for deci's.

AV too is fairly well balenced, striker is NOT that bad, it really can kill maxes outdoors easily while still havign the power to scare away air and harrass ground. Phoenix, I like it a lot, its almost as powerful as a deci for indoors AV and can snipe maxs ouside. (dont waste the ammo on tanks.) Lancer imo is the weaker of the 3, they should not have nerfed the AI damage, but it is still a respectible antimax direct fire weapon.

Now then... must you harp on HA balence all the time? It really is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be with all the pissing and moaning. Jackhammer? remove the secondary mode and voila! a 4 cert sweeper! but wait, it does more damage! 1-2 points a pellet really makes a ton of difference! Seriously, the only thing it has going for it is the larger clip as well as a slightly lower TTK than a sweeper. That being said, it is only for the larger clip as well as the ability to use MCG+ lasher that I even bother to waste 4 certs on it.

I could care less about the strengths of our maxes, as far as I can tell, they all seem pretty balenced with other empires, although I will say, I die to VS maxes a lot more than to TR, maybe because I see VS maxs in such a higher ratio as compared to footsoldiers.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion