anyone else playing it yet?

bout 6-7 hours in atm and loving it.

if i had to describe it, would be deus ex + metal gear solid
Old 2011-08-28, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Re: Deus Ex : HR

That's a fair description. I was in the middle of my first Deus playthrough when the new one unlocked. Very similar in a lot of ways, they've just learned from nearly a decade of other games in between.

Having a lot of fun. Trying to get Ghost as often as possible and doing a no-kill run to boot. So far so good.

The wife gamefly'd it for xbox and is going through as a filthy murderer.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-28, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ikon
Master Sergeant

yah, i'm on my first play through and i've pretty much only been using my silenced ap 10mm + take downs the entire game.

im planning on my next play through to not stealth at all lol.

sidenote : i've had a rocket launcher for like 10 hours, and haven't used it once yet.
Old 2011-08-28, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sirisian
Colonel

To get all the achievements you really need to just stealth the whole game and put your points into cloaking. By the way for the no-kill acheivement you can't kill anyone on the tutorial first levels. No one in the whole game can die except the bosses. Even quest kills count.

I beat it yesterday at 32 hours of play-time. Tempted to play through it again just for fun with what I now know, but to do everything possible in the game and discover and buy everything and do perfect hacks on everything takes roughly 50 hours of playtime I'd imagine.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-08-28 at 02:40 PM.
Old 2011-08-28, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Did you buy it at gamestop? Did they open your game and remove the coupon?

GameStop opens Deus Ex boxes, discards free online game coupon
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Video game retailer GameStop is under fire for opening boxes of the just-released PC game Deus Ex: Human Revolution and removing a coupon from the publisher that would have given buyers a free copy of the game's online version.
Square Enix, which publishes DXHR (as the fans call it), announced the launch promotion on Tuesday. The coupon code was meant to give all buyers free access to the game on OnLive, a Web-based platform that enables gameplay on TVs, computers and, soon, on tablets. OnLive's cloud-based version of the game is priced at $49.99, the same price as a physical copy.
But on Wednesday, the blog GameSpy posted a story saying it had received complaints from consumers claiming their new DXHR boxes were opened and the OnLive codes were missing.
The article also included a photo of an e-mail sent by GameStop management instructing employees to "immediately remove and discard" the coupon. GameStop -- which also sells its own digital version of DXHR -- views OnLive as a rival.
http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/24/tech...estop_coupons/
Old 2011-08-29, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ikon
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
Did you buy it at gamestop? Did they open your game and remove the coupon?

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/24/tech...estop_coupons/
i did read about that, but no i got it online.
Old 2011-08-29, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
firecrackerNC
Colonel

only like an hour in but im ticked cause im already hooked and yet I got to be up for work in 2 hours so had to save so can get some sleep now :/ Love all the options to it but im deff a run and gun type, not much a fan of stealth, I want stealth ill pickup Splinter Cell, Im having fun mowing people down and using those freakin sweet blades in my arm.You>Wolverine

p.s. they chose a good first name for the guy haha
Old 2011-08-29, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ikon
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by firecrackerNC View Post
only like an hour in but im ticked cause im already hooked and yet I got to be up for work in 2 hours so had to save so can get some sleep now :/ Love all the options to it but im deff a run and gun type, not much a fan of stealth, I want stealth ill pickup Splinter Cell, Im having fun mowing people down and using those freakin sweet blades in my arm.You>Wolverine

p.s. they chose a good first name for the guy haha
the first like 50% of the game, all i used was the 10mm + stealth.

definitely wanna do a run&gun playthrough and one without killing anyone
Old 2011-08-29, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Graywolves
General

I always like sneaking around, I think I'll do that my first playthrough when I get the game.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ikon
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
I always like sneaking around, I think I'll do that my first playthrough when I get the game.
you will enjoy it then, cause sneaking is probably the best part of HR
Old 2011-08-31, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Completed my no-kill run this morning. I think I could have done no-alarm but I screwed something up on the tutorial level and another one that I didn't want to do over.

I especially liked the Alex Jones-esque commentary and the bevy of nods to the original.

I was afraid that some sections would feel tacked on for the sake of it being a game (see: the end of Bioshock) but everything came across perfectly placed. A very satisfying experience overall.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-31, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

One of the best games I have ever played so far, 25 hours in.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion