Religion - Page 62 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Guaranteed to work, unless it doesn't
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

View Poll Results: What do you identify yourself as?
Atheist/Skeptic/Agnostic 151 70.89%
Catholic 21 9.86%
Protestant 24 11.27%
Jewish 5 2.35%
Muslim 2 0.94%
Philisophy (Such as Buddhism) 10 4.69%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-04, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #916
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Religion

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Quick, let's spend 5 pages and thousands of words trying to educate someone too stupid to read the definition of the word himself!
Again?

Speaking of Barosso, I think Monti is worse. He just called critical northern european nations with regards to not wanting to simply bail out south european banks "intolerant". Intolerant with respect to... "stabilisation mechanisms".

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Coming from an Italian, who needs the money and basically says "if you're not simply handing it over, you're an arse", that's rich. Or well, poor. Especially for someone from countries that kept destabilising the euro and toning down the demands of said northern countries for preventive legislation to induce just that stabilisation... But if you're not forking over the money to the incompetents, THEN you're against stabilisation! Riiiiiight!

Last edited by Figment; 2012-07-04 at 06:24 AM.
Old 2012-07-04, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #917
Figment
Lieutenant General

My hero! <3
Old 2012-07-04, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #918
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Agnostic. I don't have time to or care enough to believe in anything.

I'm also not Atheist because I view them as douchebags. People have their own opinions on religion but most atheists I know say "NA AHH THERE IS NO GAWDD PROOVE IT IM SOO RIGHT NUUUURRGHH" I don't like them man.
Yeah, some atheists are so damn stupid for telling people that their theory that an invisible and omnipotent Cinderella will arise in the northern tundra of Russia with an army of homophobic homosexuals and implement this belief into our social systems and the government and not just be kept private, is stupid. I mean seriously, let people brainwash their children from birth and keep them away from free-thinking if they want to!

Also: Don't think of atheists as a group, atheism doesnt stand for anything other than free-thinking- not even that, it is the "situation" of someone not believing in something supernatural.

Last edited by HeatLegend; 2012-07-04 at 06:40 PM.
Old 2012-07-04, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #919
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by HeatLegend View Post
Yeah, some atheists are so damn stupid for telling people that their theory that an invisible and omnipotent Cinderella will arise in the northern tundra of Russia with an army of homophobic homosexuals and implement this belief into our social systems and the government and not just be kept private, is stupid. I mean seriously, let people brainwash their children from birth and keep them away from free-thinking if they want to!

Also: Don't think of atheists as a group, atheism doesnt stand for anything other than free-thinking- not even that, it is the "situation" of someone not believing in something supernatural.
Zulthus never said anything of the kind though. I can imagine there's a lot of people who are just a bit too elitist to his liking who are atheist.

That said, I wouldn't pick a stance at live based on who has the least pricks in it.
Old 2012-07-04, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #920
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Zulthus never said anything of the kind though. I can imagine there's a lot of people who are just a bit too elitist to his liking who are atheist.

That said, I wouldn't pick a stance at live based on who has the least pricks in it.
Not sure what you meant with the first paragraph but as for the second paragraph: Good!
Old 2012-07-04, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #921
Figment
Lieutenant General

Not sure what you meant with the first paragraph but as for the second paragraph: Good!
Well he said that he doesn't quite claim atheists as a group are bad or plotting world domination or anything, just that there's more arrogance found within the total group that encompasses atheism.

I can relate to that bit. But the second sentence was me saying "prick they might be, doesn't make them wrong even if for the wrong reasons, even if talking high and mighty."
Old 2012-07-04, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #922
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Well he said that he doesn't quite claim atheists as a group are bad or plotting world domination or anything, just that there's more arrogance found within the total group that encompasses atheism.

I can relate to that bit. But the second sentence was me saying "prick they might be, doesn't make them wrong even if for the wrong reasons, even if talking high and mighty."
Hm, re-reading his post I see he didnt claim that atheists are one group (Or at least he seemed to do first but then said he didnt later in his post), but most of my message was basically saying how stupid I thought it was to find it stupid that many atheists look down on religion and showing it with, in some cases, arrogance; as if it's without reason or justification.

And yeah, I got your second part.

Last edited by HeatLegend; 2012-07-04 at 08:25 PM.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #923
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

If someone writes "I don't like atheists because" and finishes that sentence with something other than "they don't believe in god", the person doing the writing has no idea what they're talking about.

And claiming that atheists as a demographic are more arrogant than people who claim to know how the truth behind everything in the universe and what the universe's creator desires is pretty dumb as well.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #924
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

We're the ones who don't think that a 14-billion year old universe was created just so they could enjoy it for 80 years or so, and that we are created special by a being with the power to create said universe. And we're the arrogant ones.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #925
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Sure sounds silly. But what sounds just as silly is saying I know how it was allll created see these gases got together with these gases. Bang!
Uhm... Not if you can back it up with a universe full of background noise evidence consistent with explosion theory, direction of movement of all systems (everything moving away from a central point), etc.?
Old 2012-07-05, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #926
MadPenguin
Sergeant

But what sounds just as silly is saying I know how it was allll created

not another one of those...
Old 2012-07-05, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #927
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

I don't like atheists because they are the Cliff Clavins of the universe.

Sure sounds silly. But what sounds just as silly is saying I know how it was allll created see these gases got together with these gases. Bang!
I legitimately can't tell if you're trolling or not.
Old 2012-07-05, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #928
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
It's hard enough to tell sarcasm from seriousness over the internet, but pretending to be a theist and actually being a theist takes it a step even further to complicating the ability to tell if they're serious or not. You just can't tell.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #929
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

It's hard enough to tell sarcasm from seriousness over the internet, but pretending to be a theist and actually being a theist takes it a step even further to complicating the ability to tell if they're serious or not. You just can't tell.
Poe's Law is a bitch like that.
Old 2012-07-05, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #930
therandomone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
Wasn't he the one who basically said he doesnt like athiests because theyre arrogant assholes a page or two back? Also declaring himself an agnostic (because he cant seem to think on his own)

Im about 98.953% positive hes trolling.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum